Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    rimsky82

Arrow site for retro gaming cheats

http://exportcheats.com

About a year ago, I started development on a site for cheats (for use with devices like game genie, etc), and so far it supports the more popular consoles from Nintendo and Sega. What really sets it apart from other sites is the ability to click a button and have a cheat file for your emulator. What also sets it apart, is that you can not only register for free and add your own codes, but it checks those codes for validity before adding it to the database. I've coded all of the algorithms and such needed to decode and encode the code formats supported by my site in php.

I have put in a lot of time developing this site to make it accurate. However, in adding codes in bulk, there is bound to be errors and such. Users can confirm codes, add codes, edit codes, some can delete codes, and even request new codes for hackers to find. I'm hoping that if enough people like this idea, they will join me in making this an accurate database, unlike the other sites which have typos and list "alternate" codes due to revisions and such. My database may still have alternate codes, but we just have to figure out which codes are for which version of the game.

I know that many of the users from this great forum will have the actual hardware, like myself, and can test codes on it if you wish. There may still be bugs here and there on the site, but I'm intent on fixing them.

The code requesting still needs work. The N64 system was just added and I've yet to do any emulator support for it yet. Other than that the site is in good working order right now. I don't want this site to be great for my own benefit, but for the benefit of the gaming community. That's why registration is free, and emulator authors can use a url to get cheat files right from their program.

Anyone that wants to help in any way can reply to this forum or send me an e-mail. Thanks. If you like the site, but don;t want to help, please enjoy using it and feel free to leave a comment.

http://exportcheats.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Cool, well I signed up (as MaximumRD) hope the site does well.
    My DP Refs MaximumRD Classic Gaming and Computing Me in a Nutshell (NOT LITERALLY!) http://about.me/maximumrd
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Insert Coin (Level 0) spongerob's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good stuff dude. An alternative to GameFAQS is always cool with me (worst forums ever).

I hope this takes off for you.