Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: --==< Ovge 2k10 >==--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg View Post
    Is there usually good amount of games to buy?
    I know I'm replying to this horribly late, but if rare/expensive things are your cup of tea, Trade N Games had some choice items last year. Pretty reasonably priced stuff, too. He had a boxed Bubble Bobble 2 for around 100.

From peeking at the website, I see Mad Gear is going to be there as well. He has some really expensive goodies (mostly import stuff). I used to buy a lot of import stuff from him via eBay several years ago. I'll be honest, his prices are on the slightly high side of reasonable, but if you want something crazy, like a copy of Eliminate Down, I'd bet that if he doesn't have it, he can get it. I bought a Twinkle Tale in PERFECT condition from him in the 100ish range before. Good seller.

Hopefully I can head out again this year. Last year was honestly better than I would have expected. I can see me going (or at least attempting to go) to this every year.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neist View Post

From peeking at the website, I see Mad Gear is going to be there as well. He has some really expensive goodies (mostly import stuff). I used to buy a lot of import stuff from him via eBay several years ago. I'll be honest, his prices are on the slightly high side of reasonable, but if you want something crazy, like a copy of Eliminate Down, I'd bet that if he doesn't have it, he can get it. I bought a Twinkle Tale in PERFECT condition from him in the 100ish range before. Good seller.

Hopefully I can head out again this year. Last year was honestly better than I would have expected. I can see me going (or at least attempting to go) to this every year.
    I'm not bringing much high end import stuff to the show because there really isn't a point given the 15 year low the dollar is at versus the yen. Currently, a mint Twinkle Tale currently costs me 100 or more to import from Japan (typical price is 7500-8500 yen in Japan).

I am bringing a lot of stuff though so if you are able/interested in buying a bunch of stuff please give haggling a shot. I sell at over 20 shows a year across the country and always give "package deals" for regular buyers or buyers who buy a bunch of stuff in one shot. I also take visa/mastercard for your convenience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 16-bit View Post
    I'm not bringing much high end import stuff to the show because there really isn't a point given the 15 year low the dollar is at versus the yen. Currently, a mint Twinkle Tale currently costs me 100 or more to import from Japan (typical price is 7500-8500 yen in Japan).

Quote Originally Posted by 16-bit View Post
    I am bringing a lot of stuff though so if you are able/interested in buying a bunch of stuff please give haggling a shot. I sell at over 20 shows a year across the country and always give "package deals" for regular buyers or buyers who buy a bunch of stuff in one shot. I also take visa/mastercard for your convenience.
    For anybody that's worried, Mad Gear is one of the best and fairest dealers out there. I buy from him at every show I can and from his ebay sales when there's not a show around. Everything he has is top notch and always in amazing condition! I know a good chunk of my OVGE money will be spent with him, if not all of it!
    Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Well, tomorrow's the big day. I'm planning on going to sleep extra early tonight and heading out roughly around 4 to 4:30 AM. It takes me something like four and a half hours to get there from Dallas. Then I end up leaving the show an hour before it ends at five. Take care of some errands around Tulsa, and hopefully be back at home before 11 PM. I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Just got in from a wet and fast ride home but I wanted to quickly say how much I enjoyed today's OVGE! Unfortunately I didn't come home with as much money as I'd hoped because I was spending everything I made! And that's a GOOD thing! Hats off to Jesse and the crew for setting this thing up - another great show and I'll be back next year for sure!!

Save me a table next to the Staggs Bunch, willya! They rock!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I got home around half an hour ago. I had a fun time, and I agree with Deadman, that was a wild drive home. It rained just enough to make the roads slippery, and the wind kept buffeting my car all over the road. And I had maybe three hours of sleep last night, so it was an interesting drive to say the least.

I spent way too much money and will sadly be broke until next payday. But I don't care, since I had a really great time. This year when I went out for lunch I ended up hitting some Vintage Stock stores and Game Xchange locations, along with a Goodwill and a Salvation Army. Didn't find much in those.

I'll post some of my pictures tomorrow. I remembered to take a bunch this year, rather than a handful like the last show.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg View Post
    Is there usually good amount of games to buy?
    Well, let's take a look at some of the pictures of this year's show.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

It seems that I had downed so much caffeine on the drive up that morning that my hands were a little too shaky to get clear enough shots. Brett Weiss's table and the Trade N Play tables were too blurry to post.

I did take some pictures of the stuff I picked up this year. All the music CDs came from our own Phosphor Dot Fossil's booth. I had plenty of stuff to listen to on the drive home! And that blank Xonox cartridge is It's Only Rock And Roll for the Colecovision.

A close-up shot of Gunstar Heroes for the Game Gear.

I took off for lunch and ended up doing a bunch of thrift store shopping along with hitting some locations of Vintage Stock and GameXchange. I picked these two up at Vintage Stock.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

For what ever reason I couldn't get DP to load yesterday, but I wanted to say thanks to Crossbow and everyone else that help make OVGE what it is. I think this was the best its been in several years and I feel the Spirit Bank event center is much better than the Mariott.

It was nice to see all of the tables were sold. The room was packed with vendors and there was a lot of great stuff for sale. Usually I have a hard time finding Saturn and 3DO stuff but there was a great selection of everything this year. I could have easily spent all my money at Mad Gear and 98PaceCars booth. Tons of great Saturn and PC Engine Imports. Hopefully Mad Gear had some good sales and will return next year!!! Fingers crossed!!!

Regardless, I got some great stuff! I think my major scores were Asuka 120%, Valis 1 (Now I have the entire PCE series), Military Madness and Last Bronx. But I'm enjoying everything!

If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Great pics, Steve! I am somewhat sad that by having to finish my setup on Saturday morning I missed out on LOTS of great stuff, including those CD's at PDF Earl's booth. I heard stories of some other great "early" deals that I wish I could have taken advantage of but missed. Next time I'll have to be all setup on Friday so I can be ready to go on Saturday first thing!

I'll have to download my pics and see if any are post-worthy. Seeing yours makes me wish I spent a little more money on the Mad Gear table!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I put this in the finds thread already, but my finds from OVGE are here:

The Gigawing 2 has been a major thorn in my side for some time and I was on the verge of hitting eBay for it. Thankfully, the copy here is mint and only cost me $10. I swapped for most of this stuff, so my out of pocket expense was pretty limited.

It was great to see everybody again and I wish there was another show coming up in the near future. Jesse outdid himself again and I had a great time at the show as usual. I even really enjoyed the musical act this year (the OneUps). I was a bit concerned that they were setting up right next to our booth, but it turned out to be a great place to enjoy their music!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 98PaceCar View Post
    The Gigawing 2 has been a major thorn in my side for some time and I was on the verge of hitting eBay for it. Thankfully, the copy here is mint and only cost me $10. I swapped for most of this stuff, so my out of pocket expense was pretty limited.
    Was that before or after trading? Because if I had seen Gigawing 2 for $10, I probably would have knocked everybody down just to get to it.

The SpiritBank Event Center is really working out for the show. They're way better than the Marriott. And the show looked far busier than last year. I hope Jesse lets us know how well it did and whether or not we can expect an expo next year too.

So... who here bought the Bandai Playdia with the Sailor Moon game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Was that before or after trading? Because if I had seen Gigawing 2 for $10, I probably would have knocked everybody down just to get to it.

The SpiritBank Event Center is really working out for the show. They're way better than the Marriott. And the show looked far busier than last year. I hope Jesse lets us know how well it did and whether or not we can expect an expo next year too.

So... who here bought the Bandai Playdia with the Sailor Moon game?
    Right before it opened on Saturday. In fact, all but 2 or 3 of my finds were before the floor opened. The big benefit to being an exhibitor!

You know who bought it, but he's not here anymore. Snagged the twin Famicom at the same time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I thought the location was great, the deals were great, the vendors were great and the prices were great. I think OVGE 2010 may have been the best one to date!

Sorry to anybody I didn't say by to. My friend Jeff and I skipped out to hit a few book stores and game stores and by the time we got done with that it was late and we were so far from the show that we decided to just call it a day.

Here are my pix from the show:

http://robohara.com/photo/index.php?...ions/OVGE_2010

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I never got a chance to give you that Atari 2600 power supply. Oh well, they're in a few retro games stores, you should be able to find one in your neck of the woods.

I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to you and Brian either. I went out to lunch and then drove around hitting game stores and a couple thrifts, along with a six-pack of Weber's Superior Root Beer (finally). It was a good while before I got back to the show, and you guys had come and gone by then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

I heard about that GigaWing 2 from the Game Xchange guys since their table was right next to mine and I nearly lost it. I've also been on a GW hunt for years and to know that it was that close and we missed it because we stopped for breakfast on the way in to the show on Saturday is killing me....

Those guys had really good prices and I ended up getting 4 DC games and 3 Sega CD games from them for what I think is a deal! I do wish I would have gotten there before you though....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    I heard about that GigaWing 2 from the Game Xchange guys since their table was right next to mine and I nearly lost it. I've also been on a GW hunt for years and to know that it was that close and we missed it because we stopped for breakfast on the way in to the show on Saturday is killing me....

Those guys had really good prices and I ended up getting 4 DC games and 3 Sega CD games from them for what I think is a deal! I do wish I would have gotten there before you though....
    I had circled around their table several times that morning, hoping for something good to come out. They had some nice stuff, but nothing I had to have. When I saw that one though, it was a done deal. The fact that it was so cheap was just icing on the cake. They were pretty good on pricing, though apparently they had some stuff that ended up being marked up for the show. Still good deals though.

Do you just need number 2 or do you need number 1 as well? I'll keep my eyes open for you. Now, I just to track down a Mars Matrix and my shmup run for the US DC will be complete!

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

I think that I'll agree with Flack and go on the record with this being the best OVGE to date. The band was great, the vendors were packed, there was plenty to see and do...I can't really think of anything that could be improved on. Mad-Gear had a a seriously impressive amount of Japanese games, and the PlayChoice-10 countertop cabinet was a hit. Another killer year from Jesse and Co.

Since I was on a limited budget, I really didn't grab that much picture-worthy, but I got SDF Macross for Saturn, a handful of soundtrack CDs, The OneUps CD, a Retro Gamer shirt, a couple extra DS stylii, and three Commodore 64 cartridges: Kickman, Jupiter Lander and Omega Race.
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."