Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter X Tekken / Tekken X Street Fighter (Updated!)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Street Fighter X Tekken / Tekken X Street Fighter (Updated!)

*New Captivate 2011 News!*

Capcom has released a slew of pics and two new vids (one cinematic, one gameplay) for Street Fighter X Tekken!

News

*Update*

New pics of "Tekken-ized" Ryu have surfaced!

Each company will be making their own version of the game, with Capcom's running off the SFIV engine and Namco's will play Tekken style.

Watch the trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9EpHRdlI3M&hd=1
    "Gameplay" footage here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6U7jZ-qMfI
    Last edited by Damaramu; 04-12-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I don't really think Street Fighter and Tekken sound good together. Virtua Fighter x Tekken would be better

Tekken is supposedly more of a realistic fighter where as Street Fighter is unrealstic, throwing fireballs, etc. Obviously Tekken has unrealstic character designs, but a realistic fighting engine. As for why pairing it with Virtua Fighter. Why not pair it up with the best fighting engine?
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I don't really think Street Fighter and Tekken sound good together. Virtua Fighter x Tekken would be better

Tekken is supposedly more of a realistic fighter where as Street Fighter is unrealstic, throwing fireballs, etc. Obviously Tekken has unrealstic character designs, but a realistic fighting engine. As for why pairing it with Virtua Fighter. Why not pair it up with the best fighting engine?
    You spoke the truth there. I love the VF series (strange how that works), and as far as I have known, VF's biggest rival has always been Tekken. Sure, Soul Calibur would put on some fine competition as well, but me growing up, I always had the latest VF game, while the Playstation guys would always have the newest Tekken game.

Tekken vs Virtua Fighter would be awesome

EDIT: This is easier than making a new thread. Sega and Namco have teamed up once before, so teaming up again, but this time with their game characters would be even better:
    Triforce Arcade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree also. I always longed for a new Fighters Megamix game. Picture a collaborative between SEGA and Namco properties. Hell, if you could finagle it, throw in DOA characters!

Anyway, it's a strange match up, but I think it'll be fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

"Obviously Tekken has unrealstic character designs, but a realistic fighting engine...

Fuck. No.

Any game engine where you can juggle a human being with your single fist or leg 5 times in the air is. not. realistic.

Bushido Blade is about the only realistic fighter there is.

If there's any disparity, it's street fighter in it's current form is more comical / light hearted, and Tekken is more serious in the story elements. I think the Tekken characters melded in quite nicely to the SSF4 engine. Can't wait to see them in action.

Maybe one of them can finally kill Zangief.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this is simply amazing
    Check out my oldschool game reviews!
    Click Me!

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Don't worry about fireballs: plenty of Street Fighter characters have no projectile and do just fine.

So far it looks good. I'm waiting for the inevitable comeback mechanic reveal though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

They introduced Pandora mode, but apparently it's in its own "mode," hopefully meaning it isn't in a standard versus match. It didn't really look that powerful anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I love that they're still revealing characters. This game will have a monster roster list!

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

We have Mega Man!

... Sorta!

AMERICAN Mega Man! I hope there's a Guts Man color scheme. And Pac-Man is using a Mojikun mech!
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 01-26-2012 at 08:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    We have Mega Man!

... Sorta!

AMERICAN Mega Man! I hope there's a Guts Man color scheme. And Pac-Man is using a Mojikun mech!
    Thats not Mega Man, it's a fat white guy in a blue and yellow suit Also, why is Pacman exclusive to the PS3/Vita?
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Why after launch? So they can guarantee a release of Super Street Fighter x Tekken that has the additional tournament mode included on disc? It's not like this is anything knew and we all know something like this would happen, but this bit of info has just changed my mind on picking the game up until a next revision is released. Not like I was going to pick this up for more than $30 anyways, but I was still interested.
    Why after launch? Because the tournament players lost their shit over the gem nonsense. I run tournaments, and having to make sure that every gem is on every system just in case someone uses it is going to be a nightmare. Capcom first said that there'd be no way to play without them, and they pay way too much attention to what gets said on Unity and SRK. Thus, tournament mode. Basically, its backpedaling to avoid internet screaming.

As for a super street fighter x tekken... You're probably right. Oh well.
    Last edited by G-Boobie; 01-30-2012 at 02:22 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

Capcom trolls us Mega Man fans again. Capcom every dayou give me a reason to hate you. Shame used to be my fave developers since Bionic Commando

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Ryudo View Post
    Capcom trolls us Mega Man fans again. Capcom every dayou give me a reason to hate you. Shame used to be my fave developers since Bionic Commando
    Oh come on. You're sensitive like the skin of a burn victim. Lighten the fuck up. That reads like some kind of whining GameFAQs retard nonsense. Capcom isn't trolling you: they don't know you exist.

But whatevs! I can pretend that employees at a company that doesn't care if I live or die hates me enough to maliciously not include a character I like in a game, too! Or even worse: make it a shitty version of a character, just to make me mad! Well, if DP is becoming GameFAQs, and we're going to play internet fanboy semantics here, then the game is called Street Fighter X Tekken: I don't remember Mega Man rolling with either cast before... Unless it's the Vs. Series, which this isn't. This is the proverbial "new shit." If you don't like it, don't buy it. Also, Mega Man sucks in the Vs. Games. Waste of a slot.

I, for one, as a functional human adult with both a sense of perspective and a sense of humor, thought box art Mega Man was funny and clever. They were going for a nostalgic laugh, and they got it from me and mine. I'm also aware of for really real big boy problems that actually warrant HATRED. Corrupt elected officials, genocide, religious violence against women, the shrinking of the American middle class: not a Fucking video game company that doesn't cater to your insane needs. Get over it.
    Last edited by G-Boobie; 01-30-2012 at 05:06 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    Oh come on. You're sensitive like the skin of a burn victim. Lighten the fuck up. That reads like some kind of whining GameFAQs retard nonsense. Capcom isn't trolling you: they don't know you exist.

But whatevs! I can pretend that employees at a company that doesn't care if I live or die care enough to maliciously not include a character I like in a game, too! Or even worse: make it a shitty version of a character, just to make me mad! Well, if DP is becoming GameFAQs, and we're going to play internet fanboy semantics here, then the game is called Street Fighter X Tekken: I don't remember Mega Man rolling with either cast before... Unless it's the Vs. Series, which this isn't. This is the proverbial "new shit." If you don't like it, don't buy it.

I, for one, as a functional human adult with both a sense of perspective and a sense of humor, thought box art Mega Man was funny and clever. They were going for a nostalgic laugh, and they got it from me and mine. Get over it.

Thanks for being childish and making personal attacks like your buddies..reported.No class no etiquette. Ever heard treat others how you want top be treated? It appears not. That or internet Anonymity let's you hide behind a screen to bully as you please. . Also you're right they don't know Mega Man fans exist otherwise they would not be this stupid.
    http://www.screwattack.com/news/comm...fate-two-games
    Remember ScrewAttack's Top 10 (well, 5 each) video of Best and Worst things at E For All? (Hell, remember 'E For All'?) If not, you can find it on Gametrailers, and even though the topics are all a few years old, it's still an entertaining watch. One of the 'Top 5' worst things was a booth that was rather hard to understand. The Jazz Booth. It was a bunch of people playing jazz instruments.

That was all we and the ScrewAttack crew could understand.

Silly? Yes. I mean, remember the massive hate and online rants about it? No? Well that's because nobody cared. I mean, who made the jazz booth? What was it promoting? Nobody knows, much less cares. There obviously wasn't a large company behind it, and whatever idea they were promoting is probably given up on. Little companies making little mistakes is little news.

But it's different for big companies. Remember Wii Music?

See what I'm getting at? Little companies, little mistakes. Maybe you were caught reviewing your own game on Amazon, or you thought hiring someone named 'Paul Christoforo' to handle communication with customers was a good idea. But when a big company makes a mistake, people remember it. They get over it, they forgive you, they may even look back on it and laugh, but they remember it.

And Capcom... what the hell are you doing?

First off, just to clarify, do you have any idea what you must have done to make me rant about you even though I don't even own an Xbox 360, PS3, or any games made for consoles newer than the PS2 and GameCube? Admittedly, Marvel VS Capcom 3 is one of the games you have to be aware of as a gamer. You don't have to own it, you don't have to like it, you don't even have to dislike it, you just have to know it exists. Plus, it's a game where you can beat up Wesker as Spider-Man. How can you not love that?

Secondly, right now I must be coming off as someone on the side of the Capcom complainers, and I'm probably not. I'm like 'The Watcher' from the Marvel Universe, except nosy and opinionated. I mean, none of this Capcom shtick affects me in the slightest, aside from blog topics, and I can't say any of the aftermath will involve me either. So I'm just looking on as an outsider, who appreciates the games, but can understand the complaints.

And that leads me onto the final reason I'm bothering to write about something that won't affect me for at least another decade. Do I think Capcom hates Megaman?

Nope.

But do I understand why someone might say 'Yes'? Absolutely! Which means I think it's understandable for a Megaman fan to say 'Capcom hates Megaman'. Which means that something is wrong, considering that Megaman was the Master Chief of the early 90s. In fact, that's a large compliment to Master Chief. Megaman was easily as popular as Mario and Link back in the day, and the positive response from Megaman 9 and 10, as well as financial success, show that there's definitely still an audience for the blue bomber.

So now, let's get onto why it's easy to see why some people could think Capcom is trying to bury the guy.

Step 1) No Show in Marvel VS Capcom 3

As stated before, Marvel VS Capcom 3 is a game people just can't ignore. Some of the most famous names in fiction coming together in one giant brawl. On the Marvel side, you have the Avengers, X-Men, Spider-Man, The Hulk(s), Deadpool, Doctor Doom, and more. On the Capcom side, representatives of Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Darkstalkers, Ghosts 'n' Goblins, Street Fighter, Bionic Commando, Okami, and more are present. Including characters from the Megaman series! From the very first time the character list was announced, people thought 'That's odd. Tron Bonne and Zero but no Megaman?"

They have reasons to think that's odd. To have side-characters from the francise without having the main character is a little peculiar. Would you have War Machine without Iron Man? Imagine Brawl with no Mario, but Luigi. Would that get people complaining? And all in all, when you think of someone who should represent the MEGAMAN franchise... you think of Megaman, right? The whole series is named after him for crying out loud.

Then again, Capcom were making a few mistakes. Speaking of people they left out of the game, Seth Killian said in an interview, "When you look at characters like Ghost Rider, and Iron Fist, and Black Panther, those are great characters but it's the backstory that makes them. From a gameplay point of view they're all just punchy dudes. We didn't want you to be able to say, 'this guy is just another one of this guy but a little faster or with a different fireball'. So that was the final pass that Capcom took off the Marvel list."

Seth had a valid point - I'd love to see Daredevil in the game, since he's my favourite Marvel character, but I can't imagine what his moveset would be like. Ditto with Moon Knight, The Punisher, Elektra, and many others. However, this made Capcom look a little hypocritical when Iron Fist and Ghost Rider made it into the Ultimate version. For another thing... Ghost Rider? Punchy dude? GHOST RIDER?

Penance punch! Look into my fist!

How can you look at him and think 'Wow, I bet his moveset is just punch punch punch.'? Then again, Capcom's other hesitations came from the problems they imagined incorporating his bike into gameplay. Apparently it took them some time to realise that Ghost Rider has legs. It's understandable with someone like the Silver Surfer, who is barely ever seen without his board, but for Ghost Rider, it makes them look like they're never heard of him before.

Which wouldn't be a problem if they were working on something other than MARVEL VS Capcom 3.

Obviously, there was some confusion. Maybe they were just taking some time to prepare Megaman? I mean, a lot of people wanted to play as him, and some even see him as Capcom's mascot. Plus, he was in Marvel VS Capcom 2, so it's not as if a moveset would be hard to put together, even if it wasn't perfect. DLC came, and still, no Megaman. They managed to redo Jill Valentine's moveset, but insisted that Megaman's would be too difficult. It's seen as a weak excuse for even those who don't care about Megaman's appearance in the game.

To the surprise of few, an updated re-release was on the way, immediately pissing off the people who had bothered to buy the first game. Capcom claimed that the re-release hadn't been intended, and around half of the new features should've been released as DLC for the first game, but the earthquake and tsunami off the coast of Tōhoku had caused various problems for the staff and development. Some thought this was an honest statement and valid reason, others thought it was an excuse for not releasing more DLC, in very poor taste. I would say that Capcom were telling were truth. I might disagree with the way they talk about the character roster, but, sheesh, I don't think they'd do something like that.

But Megaman was in trouble, and Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 was about to cause more.

2) Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3: Now with added Trolling!

As the character list was released for the updated version, people were wondering what Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 would bring, and to their credit, Capcom shined. Phoenix Wright, Frank West, and Strider were three of the most-requested characters for the game, and Ghost Rider had a hearty following too. Vergil was popular too, and Nemesis and Firebrand had both been suggested, along with Iron Fist, Doctor Strange and Hawkeye. Nobody had really said anything about Nova or Rocket Raccoon before, but nobody had any complaints once they were announced.

Except about the lack of Megaman.

Megaman had consistently finished near the top, if not at number one, of every fan poll on the internet asking which character you'd like to see in the game. Often more than one version of him was voted for. One poll on GameFAQS had three versions of Megaman in the Top 4 (Megaman X, Classic Megaman, and MEGAMAN.EXE). Clearly, the fans wanted him, and for all their announcements, Capcom had not given any valid reasons for keeping him out of the game.

Then people began to notice things.

Earlier, Megaman was featured in a cameo, during Tron Bonne's character ending. Now, he was also in Iron Fist's. And Thor's. And on a poster in the background of the 'Days of Future Past' stage, which showed various characters who wouldn't be returning in the game on a poster, with 'Slain' or 'Apprehended' written across them. All except Megaman. Nothing was written across him.

When asked about it in an interview with Deadly Bison Entertainment, Seth Killian said, "That poster was just a bit of fun. I know everyone's going nuts over it. We knew they would, to be honest, but you know we were just having a little bit of fun. Don't read too much into it." The problem here being that while I care enough about this whole Megaman thing to write a blog about it, there are more, erm... 'devoted' fans who would kill to see him in the game. Literally. And Capcom specifically put it in knowing that 'everyone's going nuts over it'.

Then again, the poster and the new characters were shown before the game was released, and this is where a problem comes if I want to keep this blog's timeline straight. See, I have more to say on Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, and I'll be coming back to it, but while it was still in development, there was some more rather bad news for Megaman fans, the worst news yet.

3) 'We still care about Megaman!' *Cancel New Megaman Game*

Worst timing ever.

After Megaman's non-appearance in the aforementioned games, it was getting to a point where questions regarding Capcom's feelings toward their unofficial mascot were no longer just the subject of bored people on forums. A few statements were released here and there, but Capcom reassured their fans that even though Megaman wouldn't be appearing in their popular crossover fighter, the character was long from dead.

And then his upcoming game, the long-awaited sequel from Megaman Legends 2, released over a decade ago, was cancelled.

Actually, it's not bad timing at all, it's quite good. If your goal is to persuade people that you are, in fact, trying to destroy the hopes of Megaman fans everywhere. It didn't help that it was cancelled 8 months after Keiji Inafune, creator of Megaman and producer of dozens of respected and beloved Capcom games, had left the company. Truly one of gaming's legendary figures, Inafune let a couple of secrets slip about his time at Capcom, such as when Lost Planet and Dead Rising were rejected during a time when the company wanted to focus on 'at least 70-80%' sequels to games. Inafune got around this by overspending on the demo versions of the games so much so (400%) that it would be a waste to Capcom if they didn't go ahead and complete them, so you can thank him for Frank West.

So Megaman had been left out of a fighting game, left out of DLC, left out of the re-release, and now his only upcoming game had been cancelled. It was tough for Capcom to keep claiming, "Oh no, we really wouldn't want to give you the impression that we don't care about Megaman!" while all of this was going on. Then, another problem came along for Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 - alternate costumes.

As seen far above, both Megaman and Frank West have Megaman costumes. Frank's is a throwback to a costume he could get in Dead Rising, but Zero's has received a little more criticism due to, well, how similarly he now looks to Megaman X, and although that's kind of the point, it also gives off quite a negative message. Want to play as Megaman? Well, play as Zero, give us more money for costumes, and then just pretend.

The obvious problem there is that you're not playing as Megaman. You're playing as Zero dressed as Megaman. This advice is not unlike telling someone, 'Want to have a girlfriend? Well, get your dog, I'll lend you a dress to put them in, and then just pretend.'

It sucks that you're grounded big bro...

Maybe I could be your girlfriend tonight?

That is not the kind of picture you want to be searching for when someone passes by your laptop. Especially when your only defense is 'It's for a blog I'm writing! A blog about Megaman!'

But anyway, if anything, this alternate costume means that the chances of Megaman making an appearance as DLC are pretty much Zero (... see what I did there?) since you can't have a match between Megaman and Megaman-costume Zero. It would look weird. Admittedly, there are people who have thought this since day 1 and are surprised that others still think there's a chance for Megaman to make an appearance, and then there are others who are willing to bet their lives that Megaman will still turn up as DLC. I'm leaning towards the inclination that he will not be appearing in the game.

Still, all Marvel VS Capcom business aside, there has recently been one more occurrence which, depending on who you ask, is either a humourous iteration of the blue bomber, or the final nail in the Megaman coffin.

4) Bad Boxart Megaman in Street Fighter X Tekken

Wow. I mean, wow. You have to applaud Capcom, partly sarcastically, for taking their main mascot, leaving him out of their biggest crossover fighting game twice, cancelling his next game, and then putting him into their next crossover to make up for it. As a portly middle-aged fat man in a costume.

The strangest thing about this is the spectacularly bad timing of what could have been a lot more humourous, not to say that it's not quite funny. A negative portrayal of Megaman is a bit of a laugh, but for it to come after everything the Blue Bomber's been through, or more accurately, hasn't been through and won't be going through in the foreseeable future, to have this... unique addition to an upcoming game is either the best or worst thing Capcom could've done. Heck, if his game hadn't been cancelled and he'd been brought into UMvC3 as DLC or anything like that, then this would be seen the way it was (hopefully) intended, as a joke. Instead, it genuinely looks like Capcom are laughing at Megaman fans, spitting on their own character, and then laughing at the fans some more.

But hey, personally I'm more annoyed at their other inclusion.

Two childhood icons defiled for the price of 1!

Oh lawd. Pac-Man. Why? I know it's not easy to bring old arcade characters to newer games, as most people who played 'Frogger Beyond' will say. But it's not like Pac-Man World 2 and 3 were franchise killers, and I did just finish the surprisingly excellent 'Pitfall: The Lost Expedition', which means that they can be brought back right. But Pac-Man fighting Ryu? What?

But anyway, even though this Megaman cameo was approved by Inafune himself, it still makes Capcom look like they really, really don't want people to like Megaman. It's a series of unfortunate events that culminates in Megaman being left out of a game a lot of people thought he should be in, put into a game a lot of people think he shouldn't be, and in the meantime, his own game has been cancelled.

To summarise, again, do I think Capcom are trying to kill Megaman? Absolutely not! But I think they could use a look through their fan's eyes. True, some of the people complaining about Megaman are the kinds of fans who will immediately find something else to complain about if all their demands are met, and some have such unreasonable expectations that it would be impossible to meet their demands in the first place.

But when Capcom's Senior Vice-President of strategic planning and business development has to directly address the Megaman fans, something's gone wrong. Christian Svensson had this to say to them.

"So to understand you correctly, we can't use Mega Man in any form or make any references (other than as a playable character) without pissing some folks off? I think you need thicker skin. I'd also think as a fan, you should like to see any/all exposure for Mega Man to raise awareness for the brand in any form, even if you personally aren't satisfied by the execution."

While the guy's been hassled by Megaman fans for a long time, the idea that you should be happy to see any exposure for your character to be good is a bunch of crap. I love Tales of Symphonia. If ScrewAttack had a weekly show called 'Destroying copies of Tales of Symphonia', I would not be thinking, 'Wow, I bet this is raising awareness about the game!' And unfortunately for Christian Svensson, whilst some of the fans are unpleasable idiots, there are others who just want to see a character they love placed in a game, and they've had to put up with:

Megaman not being in Marvel VS Capcom 3, or it's updated rerelease, or as DLC, despite various teases.

Megaman's upcoming title being cancelled after reassurances that the character was important to Capcom

And now Megaman's appearance, 'Bad Boxart Megaman' in Street Fighter X Tekken that nobody requested, complete with portrayal as rather odd chubby man.

Capcom are not trying to kill Megaman. But they need to make a little effort to stop looking like they are.

Thanks for reading!

-Elmo 3000
    Last edited by Ryudo; 01-30-2012 at 05:16 AM.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Ryudo View Post
    Thanks for being childish and making personal attacks like your buddies..reported.No class no etiquette. Ever heard treat others how you want top be treated? It appears not. That or internet Anonymity let's you hide behind a screen to bully as you please. . Also you're right they don't know Mega Man fans exist otherwise they would not be this stupid.
    http://www.screwattack.com/news/comm...fate-two-games
    See, this is what I'm talking about! Burn victim sensitive!

I'm going to fix my mistake and get this thread back on track, but before we do: Hi! Welcome to Digital Press! I'm the resident "no tolerance" guy, G-Boobie, and here's why you're wrong!

See, when it comes to community, it's all about context. I can type something like, "Man, I hate it when they cancel Mega Man games!", and the people here who know me understand that, "Hey, G-Boobie is a (surprisingly!) centered and well-reasoned guy! He's speaking with intentional comedic hyperbole, and he doesn't REALLY "hate" anything, here. And if he DOES, then he hates the market conditions that mean that it makes financial sense for a publicly traded company like Capcom to cancel Mega Man games, because even though a hundred thousand people will happily click on an internet petition, that doesn't mean they'll actually buy the stupid game when Capcom releases it."

See, the difference between you and the bulk of the fine folks at Digital Press is that you lack perspective. You WANT a new Mega Man game, and people on the internet say they would buy one, and therefore when Capcom doesn't produce it, you assume that it's some kind of personal affront, like Capcom is intentionally playing with your emotions. This is dumb. Now, if you had said something along the lines of, "I wish Capcom hadn't driven the Mega Man brand so far into the ground that it's appeal was limited to a relative few psychotic internet fanboys", then we'd have ourselves a conversation. But you did not. You provided no context for your "hatred" of Capcom, other than you WANT a new Mega Man game, and, through context, that the (clever and funny!) addition of shitty box art Mega Man to this new fighting game you weren't going to play anyway has somehow offended you. So what. Most of your other posts have this same tinge, this "GameFAQs whiner" taste, and it drives me nuts, because there's no room for joking in it, there's no room for friendly kidding, there's no room for argument, there's no room for anything other than "NUH UH I REPORTED YOU BECAUSE UR MEAN AND ANYWAY CAPCOM IS STUPID EVEN THOUGH I'M CLEARLY NOT QUALIFIED TO MAKE THAT ASSESSMENT." You're no fun, and as the NGF thread clearly demonstrated, you have no clear idea when you're actually being messed with and when someone is just having a bit of fun and you should play along.

(Pro tip: this is the messing with you one.)

You rolled in here and dropped the forum post equivalent of a turd in a punch bowl. Let's look at the quote that sent me off on one of my barely tolerated rants again:

See there? You added nothing at all to the discussion. Nothing. You showed that you completely missed the point of shitty box art Mega Man: light hearted in-joke humor from a developer that actually tries pretty hard most of the time. You then added (poorly), that every day you hate Capcom more and more, which is not only emotionally unhealthy, but also wildly inappropriate given the stated reason: that is, Capcom giving us a little 'wink' as a bonus in the PS3 version of the game. They are not kidney punching you, or chewing you out like I am right now: they're trying to get you to laugh affectionately. Well: not you, per se. You're clearly unfocused. You didn't even mention the game that the thread is about. You just sort of, "PUKE", and there's a turd in my punch bowl. And it's shaped like a GameFAQs poster.

Anyway, Street Fighter X Tekken will probably be great and man I like shitty box art Mega Man.
    Last edited by G-Boobie; 01-30-2012 at 07:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

I absolutely love Megaman. Seriously, I grew up playing the Nintendo games. When I was 7 years old, my brother bought Mega Man X for pretty cheap, since it had already been out for a few years. I was so fascinated by that game. It's still my favorite game of all time. It used to be tradition for me in high school to beat the game before finals every semester XD I really do have a sentimental connection to the character, so I can't lie; I was a little hurt when Capcom didn't put him in UMvC3. This all sounds silly, but I'm serious! I still like the blue bomber.

That being said, I think the box art Megaman is really funny. Being such a big fan of the character, I appreciate having the silly design in the game. It's a nod to one of the worst box arts in the history of video games. And let's be honest...it's a Street Fighter x Tekken game. Any type of Megaman wasn't expected. Like I said before though; unfortunately it's PS3 exclusive I would totally have used him competitively.

I do understand that Capcom hasn't done much with Megaman as of late. And it does suck. But I know for a fact I'll beat Megaman X at least 200 more times in my life time, just because i love that game so much. I can hold onto the past because I can accept the fact that his best days are probably behind him. I'm grateful that Capcom has given me that game.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Azathoth1488
    PSN
    Azathoth_IKA
    3DS Friend
    4313-0753-9074

While I agree the Mega Man inclusion is kinda off putting, you've got to admit the graphical style goes right along with the more "realistic" approach that Tekken has mostly had. He kinda fits right in with the fatass from SFIV and the other fat guy in the Tekken side. I can see classic Mega Man blending in well with all the unrealistic characters in UMvC3, but not SFxT.

I think a more classic Mega Man just wouldn't have went well being that most of the other characters are mostly grounded in reality fighters trying to look realistic as possible. Of course, that with the exception of P-Jack, all the devil characters, and the wooden guy driven my Pac-Man (which really deserves a WTF?)

Realistic option, AFAIK the 360 version doesn't have these jokey characters (nor the InFamous guy) so... vote with your wallet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Let's vote with our wallet by saying fuck you to all developers who add more content. That'll show them for giving us more for our money.
    YEAH!!!!

... Wait...

Seriously though, this comes down to money hats. Sony's been doing this for a while now: a Steam copy of Portal 2 with the PS3 version, Saints Row 2 with the Third, Kratos in MK9, an HD port of Extraction with Dead Space 2, etc. Trying to make up the gap between them and the 360 with exclusive content.

I was just going to pick this up for 360 since that's where most of the local action is, and the PS3 characters will be banned at tourneys anyway, but just to spite the whining internet jerks, I'm switching to the PS3. It affects them not at all, but for some reason its delicious to me anyway.
    Last edited by G-Boobie; 01-31-2012 at 04:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have'nt really played much of the Megaman series, so american NES boxart Megaman doesn't bother me. I like how they've thrown Pacman in aswell
    WANTS: Atari 2600/ Playstation Vita

Solitudine Il Cacciatore