Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter X Tekken / Tekken X Street Fighter (Updated!)

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This isn't from the exact article I read, but it's close to it. In regards to the control scheme, Yoshinori Ono stated:
    The classic Capcom and Namco fighting games share a few similar features, but they differ in one fundamental way: Street Fighter's combat is built around a six-button attack system whereas Tekken's moves and combos are based on just four buttons. Instead of simply building a new set of controls for the Tekken fighters -- though that's been done as well -- Ono and the development team simply included the option for players of using Tekken characters with only the four attack buttons they've become used to. It seems there will be more as well, but again-- there's nothing revealed just yet.

"When it comes to lowering the barrier of entry... into the game for Tekken players, it all starts with the controls," Ono explained. "I touched on the idea of using the four-button combos that traditional Tekken players are used to [during the demo earlier]. That's a big part of it, but there are other elements too that that I'd like to save until the next phase of our discussion [of the game]."
    Source

Also, regarding the character roster:
    "I think that 10 that we revealed today give you a pretty good idea of the direction we're headed, the kind of flavor we're after. I will also give you this hint: we showed this many characters, [but] the grand total is going to be significantly larger. We really are just scratching the surface here. So if your favorite hasn't been announced yet, do not despair."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Hopefully I'm not the only one who's been following what Capcom has been updating us with for Street Fighter x Tekken!

At Tokyo Gameshow, they revealed several trailers, but this one condenses a lot of vital information:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPaM5...layer_embedded

I'm really happy that there's an online training mode. My friend and I have been waiting for something like this since HD Remix, and we're gonna be in it 24/7 upon the game's release. Scramble mode looks hilarious. I think I'll have fun with that too, although I won't take it too seriously.

There's so many teams I want to make...Cammy is the mainstay though. I'm gonna find out who works with her the best, although I'm so tempted to just team her with my Tekken main, Nina. I had a lot of success with Poison at the build they had at Evo, although I'm sure a lot has changed since then.

What do you guys think so far?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
    What do you guys think so far?
    I have watched about six different trailers on Xbox Live over the last two weeks and it looks very impressive. However, I'm really going to have to step my game up if I want to compete with those Capcom characters. They have an advantage with their projectile attacks unless something gets added to the Tekken side.

I'm still alittle more pumped for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 but this game is coming out first so I might as well get my Tekken fix in where ever I can.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Don't worry about fireballs: plenty of Street Fighter characters have no projectile and do just fine.

So far it looks good. I'm waiting for the inevitable comeback mechanic reveal though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

They introduced Pandora mode, but apparently it's in its own "mode," hopefully meaning it isn't in a standard versus match. It didn't really look that powerful anyway.

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I love that they're still revealing characters. This game will have a monster roster list!

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

We have Mega Man!

... Sorta!

AMERICAN Mega Man! I hope there's a Guts Man color scheme. And Pac-Man is using a Mojikun mech!
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 01-26-2012 at 08:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    We have Mega Man!

... Sorta!

AMERICAN Mega Man! I hope there's a Guts Man color scheme. And Pac-Man is using a Mojikun mech!
    Thats not Mega Man, it's a fat white guy in a blue and yellow suit Also, why is Pacman exclusive to the PS3/Vita?
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

If Bryan Fury ends up making the list, he hasn't yet, but it would then have my favorite characters from both games. Mega Man looks pretty cool. Reminds me of those Mario and Luigi pictures. Pac Man reminds me of the Kool Aid man.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Thats not Mega Man, it's a fat white guy in a blue and yellow suit Also, why is Pacman exclusive to the PS3/Vita?

Maybe they're going to add exclusive characters on the 360 side, who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    That guy isn't even fat. But I knew what you meant before because you clearly stated "American" Mega Man.

Maybe they're going to add exclusive characters on the 360 side, who knows
    That would be cool if they went the Soul Calibur route and gave each platform exclusive characters but I have a feeling they are favoring Sony on this one.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Welp, looks like Rolento and Juri for this guy.

With a side of fat Mega Man.

Giganticus breathalizer Mr Mort's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ugh, I'm not at all happy about this gem nonsense, I want nothing to do with it. Having to learn/remember each character's moves & properties is enough, don't throw these stupid gems and their requirements/effects into it too.
    You can also throw game balance right out the window. Never mind if one gem/character combination will be found to be dominant, some of the gems can only be obtained through retailer pre-orders, and others will be dlc. Unless all players have access to all the same gems at the same time, there is no way in hell the game will be balanced. It would be akin to one player in CvS2 having more grooves than the other, or one player in SFA3 having more ISM's than the other.
    They must put in an option to disable the gems in all modes of play (online and offline), or I will seriously reconsider buying this game. Don't force me to play with those stupid gems or tolerate other players using them on me, please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Initially, the whole gem ordeal sounded like balance can be an issue, especially since each distributor seems to be getting different gems. I'm still willing to give it a chance, though. Recently, Mike Ross and Aris said that when they were playing it, it seemed like the gems didn't play a big role. However, I'm thinking that this is possibly because they didn't know how to take full advantage of the game, since...well, the game isn't even complete yet! I just hope it isn't gamebreaking.

When I saw Mega Man, I couldn't help but laugh. I'm a huge Megaman fan, and I find it hilarious. Ono said that he spoke with Inafune last year about putting "Horrible Box Art" Megaman in the game, and they both liked the idea; it's not like it was a spit in the face towards Inafune. I just wish he wasn't PS3 exclusive.

I'm really excited for this game because I have a ton of team ideas. Hopefully Capcom doesn't mess this one up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Initially, the whole gem ordeal sounded like balance can be an issue, especially since each distributor seems to be getting different gems. I'm still willing to give it a chance, though. Recently, Mike Ross and Aris said that when they were playing it, it seemed like the gems didn't play a big role. However, I'm thinking that this is possibly because they didn't know how to take full advantage of the game, since...well, the game isn't even complete yet! I just hope it isn't gamebreaking.

When I saw Mega Man, I couldn't help but laugh. I'm a huge Megaman fan, and I find it hilarious. Ono said that he spoke with Inafune last year about putting "Horrible Box Art" Megaman in the game, and they both liked the idea; it's not like it was a spit in the face towards Inafune. I just wish he wasn't PS3 exclusive.

I'm really excited for this game because I have a ton of team ideas. Hopefully Capcom doesn't mess this one up.
    Yeah, I'm not worried (yet) about the gems: people played CvS2 competitively for years, and there were some weird issues with ratios and stuff. We'll see.

Plus, Ono said there's going to be a downloadable "tournament mode" without gems soon after launch, so if the gems make things too crazy, there's always that option.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

US Cover Art Mega Man is fucking fantastic. I'm sold.

I've gotta say, I absolutely love the fluidity of the animations in this one considering the speed that the matches seem to run at ... makes MvsC3 seem choppy in comparison.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    Yeah, I'm not worried (yet) about the gems: people played CvS2 competitively for years, and there were some weird issues with ratios and stuff. We'll see.

Plus, Ono said there's going to be a downloadable "tournament mode" without gems soon after launch, so if the gems make things too crazy, there's always that option.
    Nice! I actually didn't even hear about that tournament mode. I'm watching Cross Counter now, and Mike Ross is strengthening the point he made about the gem system being pretty well balanced. For example, he said that the auto block gem not only makes you lose meter, but you get a 10% damage reduction when it gets activated. That's pretty fair, imo.

(Edit: Ugh, the further I get into the episode, the more that the gems seem goofy! Some boost gems can last up to 20 seconds...that's a pretty long time But like we said, it's all speculation at this point...)

As far as other features go, I hope the netcode is good. They haven't gone over too many details about it, but they said it's a brand new netcode that they haven't used in previous fighting games.

What characters are you guys looking to use?
    Last edited by Nirvana; 01-28-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Giganticus breathalizer Mr Mort's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What characters are you guys looking to use?
    For me, it's Rolento, Guile, and Hwoarang,
    Rolento is who I'm most excited to play. I was really hoping he would be in SSFV.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mort View Post
    For me, it's Rolento, Guile, and Hwoarang,
    Rolento is who I'm most excited to play. I was really hoping he would be in SSFV.
    WORD. I love Rolento: he's SO annoying. I play Blanka in SFIV because there is no Rolento. If they put Blanka in there, I'd be pretty much guaranteed to ruin everyone's day.

Second most annoying character in SFIV is Juri, and I'm hoping she's not worthless in this game, so I'm going with her. Rolento Juri, "Team You'd Better Guess Right".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'll take obese, middle-aged american box-art Mega Man over that Volnutt abortion from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom any day. Still, I can't help but think Capcom is straight trolling us (classic) Mega fans.