Thread: Lead and Gold - free weekend over by the time you read this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Lead and Gold - free weekend over by the time you read this

Whuupoes, but then I guess everybody with Steam already gets that Steam Updates spam every time they start the program. So. There's about half a day left I reckon.

It's a pretty fun game actually! Think Team Fortress 2, get rid of the characters, add in totally new ones. Seems, on the whole, more "realistic" than TF2, but the gameplay is still very frantic. It's a bit less focused on buddy-buddy stuff between specific characters but now you can match up with any other player - when you're nearby, the two of yas swap auras, so if you're a big miner the other person gets armored, and if the other person's a...well, I'm not sure but you get something in return. Oh, the Gunslinger has a damage aura.

An interesting feature is the "traits," which lets the sniper lay traps (which are ridiculously effective in some places despite their smallness), the gunslinger can put his hands over his pistol (he's the only one with just one weapon) to fan it, the Blaster (miner) can toss (and cook off) dynamite, and the Deputy (who's sort of an intermediate sniper - more shots but less damage per shot) can lay a death's head on targets, which makes it harder for the Sniper to get headshots (since they're obscured) but makes it possible for everybody on the team to see where that target is, even behind cover. Generally very handy but can be annoying at times.

It's pretty slim overall, with a small but pretty efficient set of maps, no extra weapons, and so on. What's there is pretty cool though.

There are a whole host of small nitpickins' to be had with the game and I've covered those over at the Steam Forums. But overall, it wasn't a bad game for the weekend. If they can expand it some I might even get it - it's only $15. I'll probably wait for a price drop and / or substantially more content, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    roflaid

the pricedrop is right now, its half off
    League of Legends referral link:
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4be72d0a12a60
    ^^ DotA players click the link ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I locked into a deal to get it from a four-pack, which is slightly cheaper yet. $6!

They're extending the free weekend a day as there were some issues with it, mainly the server browser not working right. However, Steam isn't registering the extra day and the game has disappeared from the libraries of people who installed it for the free weekend. It'll probably get sorted in short order on Monday.