Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: August 2010 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    StomachEarth

Good finds. Here's some stuff I found mostly today. A few are July finds, but whatever.

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, Descent II, Starcraft: Brood War, Dungeon Keeper 2 & Dink Smallwood were all $4 each.

Sub Terrania $2
    Super Mario World $2
    Wild Arms 2 (disc 2 only) $1
    Jade Cocoon $1
    Katamari Damacy $15 (at Game Stop - I hoard copies of this)
    Viewtiful Joe $3
    Bullet Witch $7
    Sound Effects Weather/Water CD $1

The Final Fantasy VIII discs were $7 but disc 1 of FFVII was on top and the case was taped.* I thought I was buying FFVII. Also, you can't really see this in the pic, but disc 2 has a painted matte-type finish while the others are clear. Anyone know what this is about? The shiny ones include a hint hotline on the disc faces for both US and Canada, while the matte finish only has the US number.

*They started taping the cases shut at Savers because dickheads were stealing $2 PC discs. This was a huge bum out when I found System Shock 2 for $2 and there was no disc in it.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got these in the mail today, traded Transformers War for Cybertron and a few extra common nes carts for these 2.

I am happy with the trade

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    Did the lot sale again today. I didn't get much but I did get an Intec LCD screen for game systems (I think it might be broken...) for $3 and a neat-o plug n' play C64 game thing for $1.
    UPDATE:

I used the C64 PnP system to test the screen and it wasn't displaying properly. Just for laughs I hooked up my NES to the screen and it works fine. I can tell that with even 8-bit graphics that it has a terrible motion blur >_<. It's one of these. I'll try some other systems on it through S-video, I hope that it works alright for a portable. I already have a neat screen but this one is a little more convenient because of the attached speakers (and it's not widescreen like my other one, though it is of waay better quality).
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Got an Apple eMate 300 in the mail from eBay today, for $10. Works great.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg View Post

Got these in the mail today, traded Transformers War for Cybertron and a few extra common nes carts for these 2.

I am happy with the trade
    i've got a sealed copy of that shitty muscles game (only sealed nes game i own actually) I heard it was pretty tough to find boxed for some reason, very nice find, i've seen complete copes in worse condition sell for 70+

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Got these via Ebay:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Is it just me, or is this a very sloooooow month for finds? I think that it's due to the fact that it's August and August is worthless (to many people). My thoughts:

1. It's Hot. FRIGGIN hot. Here in Dallas it's been 105 for 7 days now. This cuts down on the desire to spend the day in the car looking for stuff. Also, yard and garage sales are waaaay down in quantity around here due to the ridiculous heat.
    2. It's end of summer vacation. With only a couple of weeks left, many people have kind of used up their "summer allowance" for games and such. Now that money goes for school supplies, clothes, laptops, etc. for next school year.
    3. It's still hot. See point #1.
    4. It's vacation time. All the people who put off their summer vacations are now realizing that it's time to move it or lose it. Many of my friends are heading out for family vacations over the next couple of weeks, so vacation time usually means less "finding" time.
    5. Dammit, it's stupidly hellish hot.

Needless to say, I have nothing to report, no finds of any kind, haven't hit a Half Price Books, Entertainmart, Play N Trade, or thrift store in at least 2 weeks. This is great for the wallet, bad for the collector-brain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    Is it just me, or is this a very sloooooow month for finds? I think that it's due to the fact that it's August and August is worthless (to many people). My thoughts:

1. It's Hot. FRIGGIN hot. Here in Dallas it's been 105 for 7 days now. This cuts down on the desire to spend the day in the car looking for stuff. Also, yard and garage sales are waaaay down in quantity around here due to the ridiculous heat.
    2. It's end of summer vacation. With only a couple of weeks left, many people have kind of used up their "summer allowance" for games and such. Now that money goes for school supplies, clothes, laptops, etc. for next school year.
    3. It's still hot. See point #1.
    4. It's vacation time. All the people who put off their summer vacations are now realizing that it's time to move it or lose it. Many of my friends are heading out for family vacations over the next couple of weeks, so vacation time usually means less "finding" time.
    5. Dammit, it's stupidly hellish hot.

Needless to say, I have nothing to report, no finds of any kind, haven't hit a Half Price Books, Entertainmart, Play N Trade, or thrift store in at least 2 weeks. This is great for the wallet, bad for the collector-brain.
    Nope, this summer has been my best time for finds ever despite the 100+ degree heat of Tucson. It started with that $350 PS1 and stuff lot that made me like 2k and I still have stuff from it, then seems to be slowing down after my $2.99 Suikoden II but I still found good stuff a few days ago that I can make a nice profit on.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

105? Bah. Weenie. It's 110 degrees plus humidity here. Every day. And I STILL go out and search for stuff. And it's been a crap week too, nobody's buying or selling, but that's because of the crappy economy.

One find today: Soft Cell / Marc Almond: Memorabilia. It's one of those single compilation CDs. It was a buck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    One find today: Soft Cell / Marc Almond: Memorabilia. It's one of those single compilation CDs. It was a buck.
    Don't miss Sex Dwarf
    I CAN'T BELIEVE I just referenced that >_>

Today, a few garage sales and then to the lot sale.

At a garage sale I got a very sad looking SNES mini, with power supply and A/V. I mean this thing is sad. It's filthy and yellowed, and I'd love to get it looking nice. I'm that type of person (I love classic video games so much). It was $5.

At the lot sale, they had a BUTTLOAD of electronics. Out of just 1 box I found 3 Laserdisc players, a DVD/VHS player (Samsung) for a friend, a pair of Bose 141 speakers, and quite a bit of other neat stuff. I culled most of the crap ( 2 of the LD players were real duds, the last one was a CD/CDV/LD player, CLD-V2800 I think? It may end up as a replacement for my CLD-twohundredsomething) and ended up with a pile of real great stuff (mostly for resale , not personal use ): the Bose speakers, an additional single Bose computer speaker, a Polk Audio satellite speaker, 3 digital cameras, some Vsmile games, 2 brand new Sony audiocassettes (Hopefully good ones), an audio-technica wireless mic transmitter, and a Panasonic and Dictaphone transcriber, among other things. >_> Sorry if this list is way long as I got a TON of cool electronics stuff and I spent just over $55 total. And I got a Laserdisc player better than the one I'm using! Score!
    Last edited by Ryaan1234; 08-05-2010 at 08:55 PM.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thrift finds from Wednesday:

Genesis:
    Mortal Kombat II - $1
    It's almost complete - the manual was included, but the front and back cover were missing.

PlayStation:
    Lemmings & Oh No! More Lemmings (complete) - $1.99

2 clear single-disc DVD cases (not pictured) - 25 cents each

Deadful Melody VHS - $1

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I did however find heaps of Asian video CDs of all sorts of films for some reason.
    Oddly enough, the thrift I found MK II, Deadful Melody, and the DVD cases at had a lot of Asian video CDs as well. Most looked to be martial arts flicks. I'd never seen so many VCDs in a thrift.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

I had a decent day of finds:

Records: $3.50 total
    Loose Games: $4 total (all but disc two of Legend of Dragoon (two disc three's, so I'm assuming that another one is at the same store. I'll look next week), Sonic Adventure 2 Demo, Final Fantasy VIII Disc 2, WCW Nitro, and Ratchet & Clank Going Commando)
    Manuals: Free
    N64 & SNES Controllers + Transfer Pak + Tremor Pak: $3 total
    Power cable: $1 (Didn't realize it was this high but I use them)
    San Andreas: $8 (It's worth $8, normally wouldn't pay this much but it came from a Thrift that always gives me good deals. They've earned it)
    Keyboard: $1 (Bought at a new store I stopped at, didn't want to leave the nice lady without getting something, going to donate this to charity)
    XBox: $6 (Don't know if it works but it's a good deal for an Xbox regardless. No cables though.

I skipped on some common and scratched up PS1 and Dreamcast games (hopefully the guy will get ALL of his games organized by the time I go back next week). I would really like to find the rest of Final Fantasy VIII and Legend of Dragoon. Guy also had another Dreamcast Demo Disc (can't recall the title) that I might get too; didn't realize the Sonic Adventure 2 Demo was worth as much as it is.

Close-ups: http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/DSC01679.jpg
    http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/DSC01680.jpg
    http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/DSC01681.jpg

Insert Coin (Level 0) Letiumtide's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Letiumtide

I'm in chicago for a month due to some unfortunate circumstances so while here my boyfriend and I have done a bit of game hunting.

Ys PS2 - 7.99
    Atelier Iris 2 - 7.99 (super happy about this)
    Beautiful Katamari - 19.99
    Inuyasha some such PSX - 4.99 (I just plan to turn around and sell this thing)

that's all for now...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

The streak of finds continues, Picked up tons of stuff, just no time for pics. I got a few stereo components, consisting of a soundcraftmen equalizer, luxman receiver, and a pioneer upconverting 1080p dvd player, for $52 total. I got a copy of office 2003 pro for $10, bought 2 bicycles today. The one was $10 and is an 80's japanese bike. It was pretty cool but needed some tlc. It was the first time I ever bought a bike to flip. I took it down to a local bike shop and he offered $60 which I took. I was just glad to make some quick and easy money. The other was from a garage sale. It was a schwinn and in a really nice neighborhood. He said he paid $450 from a local high end bike shop a few years back. I got it for $70. Its REALLY Nice. I will probably be keeping that for myself as my new bike. I seem a bit big for it so thats the only reason I might not keep it. It seems like a really small mens bike, it rides real low. Im not sure if I posted this already but got 151 classical music cds for $1 each thursday from a church sale. I basically bought all they had, and they were giving me a mean face and wouldnt flex at all on price because they assumed I was gonna sell them or something. Also got a old Zeiss Ikon camera from there for $20.

As far as gaming got a pink gameboy color for $1 and a gamegear with car and wall chargers and 3 games for $5.

Probably had a few more things but thats all I can remember. These Thursday and Friday sales were good to me.
    Autobots. Roll out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    Im not sure if I posted this already but got 151 classical music cds for $1 each thursday from a church sale. I basically bought all they had, and they were giving me a mean face and wouldnt flex at all on price because they assumed I was gonna sell them or something.
    Well, are you going to sell them aren't you?

Speaking of flipping, I found over 50 Doctor Who DVDs in several stores last month. I kept the ones I still needed and sold the rest to someone on DVDtalk for over $200.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    The other was from a garage sale. It was a schwinn and in a really nice neighborhood. He said he paid $450 from a local high end bike shop a few years back. I got it for $70. Its REALLY Nice. I will probably be keeping that for myself as my new bike.
    I got a freakin' Schwinn unicycle the other week so there :P.

Anyway, a few things of interest today. I got a VG Pocket Max video game system for $0.50, not bad considering it has a sweet 2.5" TFT LCD built in, though it seems to accept only RGB if you were to separate it from the handheld and that doesn't help me for making a portable . It has 75 built-in Hong Kong original games. Yay! (/end sarcasm). At 50 cents I can't complain I guess. I also went to a nifty church sale today, no classical music CDs, but I did get a Lectrojog 665 paper jogger in excellent condition (not a scuff or scratch on it!) for $5, hopefully it will be an easy $150, because Ryaan1234 needs a car. Eh, the only other thing I got was a Littmann stethoscope, which I can sell on eBay (it may be medical but it doesn't require a prescription) for $45, that was $2 at a sale.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Sony Walkman model WM-1, the third Walkman released by Sony in 1981. This is going to eBay and has a chance of being worth some serious money. That was $8 at a professionally run estate sale.
    Last edited by Ryaan1234; 08-06-2010 at 07:38 PM.

View my collection!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yardsales 8-6-10

Prehistorik Man (GB) - $1
    Twisted Metal 4 (PS1, No Manual) - .50

Pokemon Fire Red Version With Wireless Adaptor (GBA, No Manual)
    Yellow Game Boy Camera

$4

First two small finds IAP, Game Boy stuff was marked 5 & 1 I offered 3 and took the counter of 4.

2x NES Systems - One In A Styrofoam-less Box With Hookups, Zapper & 2x 1st Party Contrllers, 2nd One With What You Can See In The Picture Including A Bad RF Adaptor And A Controller With A Bad Wire.

Atari 2600 That's Been Taken Apart And Has Seen Better Days With Some Extras.

10 NES Games & 22 2600 Games (The 7 NES Games That Are Hard To Read Seeing Only The Tops of Them - Anticipation, Dr Mario, Golf, Side Pocket, Solar Jetman, Super Mario Bros 3 & Nintendo World Cup)

$8

This was one of my first stops today and when I asked about older games they had this stuff out for sale that I missed since they had some more stuff for sale behind the carport where the sale was set up that was easily overlooked. Looked it over no price when I said I was interested I was asked $5 for the NES with games and all of the Atari stuff. Went to put it in my car and came back for what I thought was an empty NES box but it had another system which I ended up paying 3 more dollars for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

I stopped by the shop that accidentally priced Tales of Eternia for $9.99 again today. Suprisingly, I found ANOTHER one of my bigtime PS1 wants. The owner of the shop got to it before one of her teen employees did and priced it as such. I figured it would have been a lot more expensive than it turned out to be, what with the shop's habit of marking disc-only copies of Xenogears for $60 and such.

$25. Near-mint and complete. Not mismarked like Eternia was, or so I think, but a good price nontheless.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I can't seem to get access to my brother's camera SD card to show you pictures. There's a couple of things I'd like to show off.

First thing, at a Movie Trading Company in Fort Worth I picked up a clearly pirated Game Gear cartridge. It's in a Sega cart shell (with "Made in Japan" written on back), but it's got the obvious pirate label with "Super 42 in 1" at the top, with distorted pictures of games like Bubble Bobble, Sailor Moon, Fatal Fury, and maybe Goemon (sp?). I need to dig out a Game Gear and try this thing. It was only $5.99. The girl working there was a bit jealous I found it before her. She wanted to track down a Game Gear they had in storage to see if Fatal Fury was really on it.

At another Movie Trading Company store I bought Taz, Big Bird's Egg Catch, Alpha Beam with Ernie, and Strawberry Shortcake for the Atari 2600, loose, for $1.99 each. And later I bought an odd Atari joystick at a thrift for 50¢.

At another thrift they've got a Centipede arcade cab there, unplugged but supposedly functional. They used to let it run, but the little third-world children used to abuse it and peel the side art off, since their parents wouldn't cough up the money to let them play it. But it still had a piece of paper with "25¢" on it taped to the marquee. So, since my brother was there and he's less prone to embarrassment than me, I let him try to get the manager to sell it for a quarter, since that's the only price placed on the machine, and to sell it for more would be false advertising. The manager wouldn't go for it, sadly. Oh well, it was just a thought. At least the manager could put a sign on it saying "Not for sale, 25¢ to play" or something.

One oddball thing I bought at that thrift was a Chinese children's electronics kit. The interior was still shrinkwrapped, and it was a sort of snap-together circuit building toy. The little electrical pieces have metal clothing snaps attached to each end, and it comes with a little music maker, a speaker, a motor, and a voltage meter that you can build odd things out of in a fantastic multitude of ways for different results. I need to post the pictures, it was pretty damn neat. It was $1.99.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

$45 total, all boxed except TMNT:

Dreamcast mouse
    Lufia Ruins of Lore
    TMNT3 Manhattan Project