Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazing Video Game Find. Turbo Booster

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Haha, it is a bit lame that a beefy accessory is required to open up AV output, but at least the TurboBooster Plus which came a bit later had the added bonus of game saving (on something of a limited basis).

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That really is a good find. I vastly improves the video quality over the Turbo's crappy RF signal. I always wanted the Turbo Booster Plus, I remember passing it up when it was on clearance at Toys R Us and I am still kicking myself. If you have ever had to enter a code for AD&D Order of the Griffon you will understand why.
    Last edited by atarikurt; 08-07-2010 at 09:57 AM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Fox View Post
    Hey. Back in the day, that was a big deal. The Sega Genesis didn't come with that out of the box either.
    The first Genesis had a A/V out, but the cable was next to impossible to find. It took me a year to find one. Finally I saw an ad in the back of a video game magazine for a store that had one. It cost me $20 for that cord. I think Hyperkin is now selling the A/V cord for the first Genesis.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default nice find

nice find

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Me no xbox live
    PSN
    Is down again.
    3DS Friend
    3DS. Really?

Ive been looking for one of those. Sigh.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Guys, he didn't find it. It's stuff he already had that he took pics of and fronted that he found it. He had already been banned once for doing this and then throwing a giant temper tandrum when called out on it.

And someone IP check darryl1551.

Strawberry (Level 2) emceelokey's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow. This has turned out weird.

Kind of pointless to post it I guess. What made it worthy of a ban though?

I learned something from the post actually and it kept people talking for a little bit...

Weird.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emceelokey View Post
    Wow. This has turned out weird.

Kind of pointless to post it I guess. What made it worthy of a ban though?

I learned something from the post actually and it kept people talking for a little bit...

Weird.
    Because he had already been here once before (as UnpluggedClone) lying to us about his finds. It wasn't just this that got him banned.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

But even if he was lying about his finds, where was the harm?

What made him so bad that he had to be banned in the very first place?

I can say I found something and whatever and completely lie about everything, but it's not like I'm selling something I don't have or anything. As far as anyone is concerned, I can say I found an NES dogbone controller for $1 and not have ever seen one in person in my life.

Just curious because it's just weird that someone would lie about something as trival as this in the first place and even more odd that people figured it out.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Just curious because it's just weird that someone would lie about something as trival as this in the first place and even more odd that people figured it out.
    He was making pretty bold claims as to what he found, finds that will get the Holy Shit type reactions.

When allyourblood broke the case, he flipped out, edited and deleted all his posts, start accusing everyone in sight that they were making stuff up and a healthy dose of thread crapping. No, the faking was not cause for the ban, everything else was.

The reason he was called out was the level of his finds and his inability to make his stories cohesive. He was a stereotypical moron. He gave us good reason to suspect something was up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I can say I found something and whatever and completely lie about everything, but it's not like I'm selling something I don't have or anything. As far as anyone is concerned, I can say I found an NES dogbone controller for $1 and not have ever seen one in person in my life.

At first i think the same way about UnpluggedClone .... but when he started to flood the "Monthly Finds" thread just to "prove" that he actually found those items, it was ANNOYING to scroll the excess of photos ....

I think that he must be a very lonely or underachieving person to need that kind of attention.
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah, I dig it.

Just out of curiosity, what were some of those items that he claims he found. Now I'm interested in that because they had to be some outlandish claims and on a somewhat regular basis because I can claim I found a Panzer Dragoon Saga in the wild for $20 bucks and I can probably get away with that if I just did it once, but do be to the point where people figured you out in probably one of the less busy areas of this forum is saying something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Ah, I dig it.

Just out of curiosity, what were some of those items that he claims he found. Now I'm interested in that because they had to be some outlandish claims and on a somewhat regular basis because I can claim I found a Panzer Dragoon Saga in the wild for $20 bucks and I can probably get away with that if I just did it once, but do be to the point where people figured you out in probably one of the less busy areas of this forum is saying something.

If anyone did that, no one will notice .... but he abused

There were like a 50 crazy finds in 2 months or less and people from his area started to notice a few details, like the stores and dates when he "found" those items because a few members actually visited those places.

It was a month full of z but it was a bit disturbing why he need to be the "monthly find's king"

Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah, I dig it.

Some of the thing were: Bubble Bobble part 2, Dragon Force, boxed NES games (with vary specific markings) and 100 or so SNES manuals that’s about all I can remember but there were many more.

And how he got caught; He posted something he bought on Ebay then after leaving feedback for said item the interweb had his Ebay info, then he bought things on Ebay for going prices and instead of saying look what I got from the Bay he goes look what I got at a thrift for $2~$5.
    My Ebay Feedback My DP Feedback
    VVV Work in Progress VVV

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    Guys, he didn't find it. It's stuff he already had that he took pics of and fronted that he found it. He had already been banned once for doing this and then throwing a giant temper tandrum when called out on it.

And someone IP check darryl1551.
    I did, its not him 'directly'. Then again, Unplugged did roll IP's once already. A single post does not make for teh enemy... so I won't worry about passing that kind of judgement, yet.

Ah, I dig it.

It was just a bunch of stuff. Some of it 'desired' some of it not.

Its got little to do with getting away with it. It's all about trust. Would you want to deal with a person selling who's got a M.O. like that? Once someone starts lying about the 'deal' they got on something to impress a group of internet people that they don't even know and will likely never meet (yes there are exceptions to this rule, and many personal close friends of mine are forum members here, whom i've since met 'IRL' and spent time with over the 6+ years i've been here, but this is FAR from the norm) we're going to have issues. No one cares if you bought it off ebay/paid going rates, but this desire to pwn da thrifs/Craig's Lists and then try and fail miserably while trying to cover their ass once caught is just the end of the line.

This banning was done with a bit more stealth than most, as most who get banned really show their colors before the hammer is swung. Rest assured that we (the mod staff) do not swing unless there is good reason to, even if the culprit hasn't tipped their hand to the forums. Note that if you guys have weird feelings about a poster, to let us mods know, we take it seriously and take care of business (when we've got enough proof to do so), as it was in this case.

This thread has served its purpose.

**lockerooni**
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog