Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Time to Start Planning The CGE2K12 DP After-Party

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

-For the booze I need to know if anyone is willing to donate some extra money for it? I'm down for taking alcohol requests too, just let us know at the digital press booth when you sign up!

-It is super important that I have someone who knows the area that can pick up the booze and it is most important that the booze is ready as everyone shows up for the after party. Same with the food.

This is the most important aspect of the after party which will avoid a major problem that happened in the past. Everything else will fall into place at the after party especially Adrian DJing. At this point, I don't know who is still bringing what that they mentioned previously unless I see them confirm here. So I wish I had a more concert answer for all the entertainment at the after party.

Again most important is If anybody here can please commit to the above, that would be much appreciated!
    I love ALL Video Games with all my heart and soul

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fantastic! Thank you Blitzwing for bringing the nibble food, it will no doubt be a big hit =) Please send me a private message and I will give you my phone number so you can me and I can let you into the suite where the after party will be held. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzwing256 View Post
    I'm a local and will definately be there for the party, I can bring chips and what not, i'm going to be at the show early, is there a place i can drop off any food supplies so i don't have to lug them around the actual show?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VGKYOURMOM

This reminds me of years ago when it was at the Riviera in 2007. Chris Chandler and I borrowed Larry Anderson's SUV to go to the liquor store and bought $400 in booze for the night. The cashier thought we were nuts, but we had less than a case left on Sunday morning if I remember correctly.

That was a good party.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

Any chance there is a balcony or something for those of us damaging our lungs AND liver?

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ianoid View Post
    I'm a horrible beer and booze snob. If there aren't quality mixers and liquor (like not SUPER cheap stuff), I just won't drink. I'm happy to buy some, it's just hard to find a liquor store close enough to the plaza that isn't super sketchy. The neighborhood outside of Fremont St has been pretty nasty in the past, and that's considering I'm a jaded city dweller.
    On Fremont St under the screen, there are at least two places that sell bottled liquor/beer to take up to the suite.

And don't be afraid of walking around Fremont East... the bar scene is really hopping now, and it's a very safe these days in the active area near Las Vegas Blvd.
    Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

There's a huge souvenir place on a corner on the way to/from the strip (near whatever is left of the Sahara. Some good prices there, we are just going to stop somewhere on the cab ride from the airport ourselves. Generally cabbies are good about knowing where to buy cheap liquor.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Quote Originally Posted by skaar View Post
    There's a huge souvenir place on a corner on the way to/from the strip (near whatever is left of the Sahara. Some good prices there, we are just going to stop somewhere on the cab ride from the airport ourselves. Generally cabbies are good about knowing where to buy cheap liquor.
    Lee's Discount Liquor. That's all you need to know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Quote Originally Posted by buzz_n64 View Post
    Lee's Discount Liquor. That's all you need to know.
    Will go with that.

This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have decided against bringing rock band for multiple reasons. Knowing that Adrian will be dj'ing helps confirm that it may not be a good idea to bring it all with me. I do, however, plan on bringing my 360 anyway. I have a crap load of classic games (mostly Sega games, but also a few like tron, simpsons, xmen, ninja turtles). If there are any other games from live that are classic that you guys think would be fun to play, let me know and I can purchase them before CGE. Also, I only have 3 controllers, so if anybody wants to bring a 4th controller with them, that would be awesome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Don't overplan, just go with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would strongly encourage bringing Rock Band. It's an awesome party game. Either the two musics clash a little bit, it's not like we have some sick giant sound system coming aside from the seasoned mix, or we turn down one to play the other. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring Rock Band (3?). Hopefully you'd have Drums, 2 guitars and 3 mics. I can bring my USB stick with a ton of DLC if it would help. And I can bring Lips mics if we need to. If anyone has Mic stands, that is always an awesome addition.

You'll be surprised how you can get away with playing multiple musics in a space.

Is anyone focusing on other multiplayer games, like Chu Chu Rocket (and SF Rush 2049 for DC!), Warlords/Medieval Madness, Super Bomberman (TG vs SNES?) or whatever is 4 player?

My other comment is, don't be classic obsessed with the game titles. We all play them. It's a great opportunity for people to see any type of multiplayer, whether it's the latest NBA Jam on 360, or Video Olympics. Let's interact!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The big thing with me not wanting to bring it is pure laziness. If I can get one or 2 of you to help me grab all that shit during the auction so that I can avoid multiple trips (and also when the party is wrapping up), then I can bring it. I have rock band 3 (no keytar because I am lazy and never bought 1), but i have drums (with the cymbals for pro mode), 2 guitars (one wired, one wireless), 1 mic and a mic stand. Yeah, that is why I was thinking of not bringing it since that it alot of shit to lug around and if there is a dj, there is a chance that you will be competing for volume, which is never fun. I mean, I don't give a shit really. If you guys really want me to bring it, I can, but I am not going to make a really big effort with it or anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can be as much help as an intoxicated person can be (not super drunk, but haven't been to Vegas in about 10 years). I would be willing to pitch in some cash for some good booze/beer. I'm sure there's a costco, trader joes and/or bevmo near. Ha!
    Maybe someone who likes some of the stuff I do can split something with me.
    Johnnie Walker Black (or above is what I usually drink)
    Good scotch, definitely no Glenfiddich Bleh!
    Maker's or other good straight bourbon
    Jagermeister! is always good

Beer wise, My favorite is probably New Belgium Trippel.
    but good micro brew lager is nice when its summer/hot.

I will be in town sometime friday if there is anyone who wants to meet up/gamble/drink etc. Once we get there, I'll have a drink in hand at all times, except for maybe while playing some games.
    I think I have some cups/straws I can donate.
    If anyone wants, can PM me for my info.
    Now it is the beginning of
    a fantastic story! Let us
    make a Journey to
    the cave of Monters!
    Good luck!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That would be epic! The more people we have Saturday night willing to pitch in for food and booze the better and much appreciated. As previously mentioned on here, let's really focus with going with the flow at this point and let the After Party be what it will be. That being said, Sega Ages you better bring your Rock Band set up We are all chanting your name.

Key focus, beer and food on time Thanks everyone, see ya in Vegas!

Quote Originally Posted by MeTmKnice View Post
    I can be as much help as an intoxicated person can be (not super drunk, but haven't been to Vegas in about 10 years). I would be willing to pitch in some cash for some good booze/beer. I'm sure there's a costco, trader joes and/or bevmo near. Ha!
    Maybe someone who likes some of the stuff I do can split something with me.
    Johnnie Walker Black (or above is what I usually drink)
    Good scotch, definitely no Glenfiddich Bleh!
    Maker's or other good straight bourbon
    Jagermeister! is always good

Beer wise, My favorite is probably New Belgium Trippel.
    but good micro brew lager is nice when its summer/hot.

I will be in town sometime friday if there is anyone who wants to meet up/gamble/drink etc. Once we get there, I'll have a drink in hand at all times, except for maybe while playing some games.
    I think I have some cups/straws I can donate.
    If anyone wants, can PM me for my info.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Quote Originally Posted by digitpress Jim View Post
    That would be epic! The more people we have Saturday night willing to pitch in for food and booze the better and much appreciated. As previously mentioned on here, let's really focus with going with the flow at this point and let the After Party be what it will be. That being said, Sega Ages you better bring your Rock Band set up We are all chanting your name.

Okay I'll commit to pitching in for some Jaggermiester and Monsters for some mixed drink action. $20 okay?

Oh, was wondering, if the off chance that somebody gets completely wasted, would it be possible for someone to crash on the couch or something. I personally am not planning on it, but I was wondering what the stance was on this.
    Last edited by buzz_n64; 08-07-2012 at 03:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

In Vegas the tradition is to pass out in hotel hallways, sir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitpress Jim View Post

Is there "on time" in Vegas? Drunk time I know very well. Approx what time is this supposed to go down? Hopefully its close to my room!
    Quote Originally Posted by buzz_n64 View Post
    Okay I'll commit to pitching in for some Jaggermiester and Monsters for some mixed drink action. $20 okay?

Oh, was wondering, if the off chance that somebody gets completely wasted, would it be possible for someone to crash on the couch or something. I personally am not planning on it, but I was wondering what the stance was on this.
    I can pick up a bottle of Jager at Costco on my way as long as I know someone is willing to throw down. Send me your info.
    Quote Originally Posted by skaar View Post
    In Vegas the tradition is to pass out in hotel hallways, sir.
    Kinda glad I don't remember much of that, but I know it happend!
    make a Journey to
    the cave of Monters!
    Good luck!

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    The big thing with me not wanting to bring it is pure laziness. If I can get one or 2 of you to help me grab all that shit during the auction so that I can avoid multiple trips (and also when the party is wrapping up), then I can bring it. I have rock band 3 (no keytar because I am lazy and never bought 1), but i have drums (with the cymbals for pro mode), 2 guitars (one wired, one wireless), 1 mic and a mic stand. Yeah, that is why I was thinking of not bringing it since that it alot of shit to lug around and if there is a dj, there is a chance that you will be competing for volume, which is never fun. I mean, I don't give a shit really. If you guys really want me to bring it, I can, but I am not going to make a really big effort with it or anything.
    Well, I'd be up for it. Who else would be?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye View Post
    Well, I'd be up for it. Who else would be?
    I would be willing to help bring up to the suite, most likely. But too intoxicated to bring it down late that night.
    make a Journey to
    the cave of Monters!
    Good luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

I'll bring the crystal meth and a copy of checkered flag for jaguar.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r