Thread: A question for somebody with a Turbo Tap

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default A question for somebody with a Turbo Tap

Can somebody with a Turbo Tap do me a favor. Can you try plugging in your Turbo Pad into either the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th slot to play a one player game, without having a Turbo Pad in Slot No. 1 and see if it works fine.

I'm trying to find out if you can only play a game if the controller is plugged into slot No.1 on the Turbo Tap.

The reason for this, is that I have a Turbo machine that has the controller plug broken off in the controller slot. I'm getting a Turbo Tap in the mail soon, (and I hope to get another Turbo pad and a Turbo Pad extension soon as well) and I was wondering if I should use some pliers to get the controller plug out of the slot, and then plug it into say the controller #5 port on the Turbo Tap, so that I can use it there, until I get a new Turbo Pad.

I know this sounds really weird, but just hear me out on this.

Thanks in advance for anybody that can check this out real quick for me.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

I think it's going to be different for each game. I just tried out three real quick per your request.

Moto Roader, no problem with no pad in the player 1 slot, I was able to get the game to play fine in the pad 2 slot.

Bomberman '93, no such luck. The game needed pad 1 to hit start to move ahead.

Dungeon Explorer worked just like Moto Roader.

Hope this helps.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for trying. I appreciate it. At least I know that I can play Dungeon Explorer. That's my favorite TG-16 game right now anyways.

I still need to get a Turbo Pad and a Turbo Extension cord, but until I do, at least I'll be able to play Dungeon Explorer in the meantime.

If anybody can try this with Keith Courage or World Class Baseball, I would also appreciated. Those are the other two that I play alot right now. I know, I know, Keith Courage sucks. But for whatever reason, I like it. Well, my library of Turbo games is extremely small. The only other games I have are Victory Run and China Warrior. I'm not a big fan of either.

I'm trying to get my hands on: Aero Blasters, Military Madness, Neutopia, any of the Bonks, Splatterhouse, Blazing Lasers. Stuff like that. But the prices these puppies fetch on Ebay can be pretty high. So for now, I'm just holding out for the right lot at the right price.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

I'm glad I didn't put it away!

Keith Courage: no dice. No response from port 2 at all using a TurboTap. In fact, I'd venture to guess that most 1-player games will have this problem since they're simply not built in any way to manage multi-player input.

World Class Baseball: seemed like it might work at first, but what happens is the game waits for player 1. By hitting start on pad 2 you've automatically started a 2 player game - no good.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    Thanks for trying. I appreciate it. At least I know that I can play Dungeon Explorer. That's my favorite TG-16 game right now anyways.

I still need to get a Turbo Pad and a Turbo Extension cord, but until I do, at least I'll be able to play Dungeon Explorer in the meantime.

If anybody can try this with Keith Courage or World Class Baseball, I would also appreciated. Those are the other two that I play alot right now. I know, I know, Keith Courage sucks. But for whatever reason, I like it. Well, my library of Turbo games is extremely small. The only other games I have are Victory Run and China Warrior. I'm not a big fan of either.

I'm trying to get my hands on: Aero Blasters, Military Madness, Neutopia, any of the Bonks, Splatterhouse, Blazing Lasers. Stuff like that. But the prices these puppies fetch on Ebay can be pretty high. So for now, I'm just holding out for the right lot at the right price.
    you simply must get Devil's Crush and Legendary Axe II.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would love to get Devils Crush and Legendary Axe II, but those games fetch some high bids on Ebay.

Unfortunately, with a very limited source of funds for all these systems, I have to be extremely stingy, in how much money I pay out for games. I just can't pay the kind of money that people want for Devils Crush or Legendary Axe II, when I could get 8 Saturn games for the same price.

Hopefully, I can find them at a garage sale, or thrift, or flea market for cheap. That's probably the only way I'll get them.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would love to get Devils Crush and Legendary Axe II, but those games fetch some high bids on Ebay.

Legendary axe II with case and instructions-$4.99 (20 hours left no bids)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2&category=187

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NESCollector75

Legendary axe II with case and instructions-$4.99 (20 hours left no bids)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2&category=187

Yeah, I saw that one. The thing is, that it has a picture of a Legendary Axe II case, and then a picture of a Legendary Axe 1 Hu card. So I emailed the guy with a question. He said that it was a mistake and that he would cancel the auction. Plus it was 6 bucks shipping, so at that point it was basically 11 bucks, with still having a long time left.

Alot of times with these Turbo games, the bids come fast and furious in the last couple of minutes. I've been outbid so many freaking times in the last 10 minutes of auctions on Turbo games.

But thanks for looking out for me anyways. I appreciate it.