Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PS3 Collectors?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Holy crap, TC.

I don't sell any of my completed PS3 games because I consider them a collection of sorts, but even then I only have 30-something. 35-40, tops.

That's an awfully big investment, considering the price of games goes way down before it starts going back up. You do play some of them at least, I hope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    I'm in the PS3 exclusives only group. I love the titles I have for the PS3, but I like the controller/online play much better on the 360. I even bought FFXIII on the 360. I mostly use my slim for a bluray player. I really don't know why I haven't gotten into it. Maybe it's because all of my friends have 360s. I only have 5 games on PS3. MGS4, Demon Souls, Uncharted, Tony Hawk Project 8, and Brutal Legend (the last two were on clearance for virtually nothing).

I would probably play more RPGs on the PS3 if I wasn't so caught up in the whole online gaming world. I play a lot of MW2 and I never thought I'd get into FPS on console, but damn...it's addictive when you have a ton of friends playing at the same time.

I'll buy FFXIV when it's released on PS3 just because most of my friends will be playing it already on PC or buying it with me. I'd probably buy it on 360 if it was being released though. I can't believe I'm even saying that, but it's true.

I absolutely believe that the hardware/software on the PS3 is superior, but the 360 just has more things going for it if you have a ton of friends who are on Live. If you would have told me that I'd have 50+ 360 games and only 5 PS3 games 4 years ago, I would have laughed in your face.

Just remembered! I picked up Batman: AA CE complete for $25 from a pawn show a few weeks ago...even though I beat the game on the 360 I never owned it. Guess that takes me up to 6 PS3 games.
    Why did you buy the 360 version of FFXIII? It's superior on the PS3, with a higher resolution.

I have 36 titles on the PS3. I've bought most of the exclusive PS3 titles and a handful of the multiplatform titles that I found on the cheap. Yeah, I have more titles on the 360, but I sort of like the PS3 better; It's probably because I paid $500 for a BC 60gig PS3 before they were gone, and didn't buy a 360 Elite until about 5 months later.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

I usually sell my PS3 games when I've finished with them but I have several sealed games I've bought over the past two years during Black Friday ($5-10 each games usually).

Hopefully in 5-6 years some of those will double or triple in value.

Not counting the sealed titles, I have a measly six games for the system right now. It's usually less but I took advantage of the GameStop 50% bonus promotion several times this month.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I have about 7 PS3 games.... I have about 30+ 360 games because I enjoy the 360 far better, and my dad has some shooters of his own that he plays the crap out of... Maybe in 10 years I will collect for the PS3.

I don't even collect for PS2 yet. I should start really soon. Seems like a really good time.
    Real collectors drive Hondas, Toyotas, Chevys, Fords, etc... not Rolls Royces.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have about 60 PS3 games and 150 360 games. I wont really start collecting for PS3 until PS4 is out and I can get games for rather cheap prices.