Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rock Band 3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Rock Band 3

I am a little bit of a Rock Band Whore. I still need to get Green Day Rock Band and Also Beatles Rock Band (I keep missing the stand-alone game price drops since I have no room for a 3rd full set of instruments and still waiting on Green Day Rock Band to drop in price).

I plan on getting Rock Band 3, hopefully, day one.

Anybody else getting it?

Also, this question might be better served for another place, but I am asking anyway, besides gamestop offering up some free music (Deftones My Own Summer is one of them, awesome), anybody know of a way to check where other places are offering pre-order fun? I did not see anything on Amazon's site about pre-order stuff.

With a game like Rock Band 3, I would honestly be surprised if people did not offer pre-order stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played the first two a good amount with some friends, but I just can't get into music games anymore. However, a friend of mine is hosting a launch party where he is going to buy the Rb3 bundle, and I look forward to rockin' the keyboards. I may pick it up after I try it out.

The main reason I stopped playing the first two was because I made the mistake of buying the original bundle, and so the drum pedal snapped in half and the guitar broke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Voliko View Post
    but I just can't get into music games anymore.
    I find it pretty funny that Parappa and DDR are still on top to me.

I was never able to get into fake instruments. I was really surprised that it took off like it did
    Because it was done before but people just put it off as gimicky

Though I can admit that Rockband is a million times better then Guitar hero.

[I have hope that Guitar Freaks will come back on home consoles someday but at this point people will call it a Guitar Hero Rip off even though thats not the case]

And yeah that game is great once in a while just like with Rockband and Guitar Hero but I wouldent want to do it all the time unlike a few of my friends.

"Hey lets just hang around here listen to the clackity clack sit back and do nothing while this person tries this song on hard 50 times"
    Last edited by ZombieK; 08-13-2010 at 01:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieK View Post
    I find it pretty funny that Parappa and DDR are still on top to me.

I was never able to get into fake instruments. I was really surprised that it took off like it did
    Because it was done before but people just put it off as gimicky

Though I can admit that Rockband is a million times better then Guitar hero.

[I have hope that Guitar Freaks will come back on home consoles someday but at this point people will call it a Guitar Hero Rip off even though thats not the case]

And yeah that game is great once in a while just like with Rockband and Guitar Hero but I wouldent want to do it all the time unlike a few of my friends.

"Hey lets just hang around here listen to the clackity clack sit back and do nothing while this person tries this song on hard 50 times"
    When you have friends around to play, that is what No Fail Mode is for.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I will definately be a day one purchase of RB3 as well. I loves me my music games! This one I will likely go for the whole kit so I can get a keyboard. I haven't bought as much DLC as I use to lately but I still have a good library. I really enjoyed Greenday Rockband, I don't have it anymore but it is in my library. I wish they would let us import the Beatles as well but I don't think that will happen.

As an addon to your question I will likely get the new guitar hero on release in Sept as well. I'm not %100 sure but there is a real good chance.

I initially rented the Aerosmith game, just today I picked it up at Blockbuster for $2.80 including tax lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
    I will definately be a day one purchase of RB3 as well. I loves me my music games! This one I will likely go for the whole kit so I can get a keyboard. I haven't bought as much DLC as I use to lately but I still have a good library. I really enjoyed Greenday Rockband, I don't have it anymore but it is in my library. I wish they would let us import the Beatles as well but I don't think that will happen.

As an addon to your question I will likely get the new guitar hero on release in Sept as well. I'm not %100 sure but there is a real good chance.

I initially rented the Aerosmith game, just today I picked it up at Blockbuster for $2.80 including tax lol.
    I have been reading up and so far, all I am seeing is the keyboard bundle.

My guess is that 3 full instrument kits means that they can slow down on releasing full kits.

I did luck out though. I bought the triple cymbal set for RB2, and apparently you can use it much more in RB3 for their pro mode (where you use all of the drums, triple cymbal, double kick pedal WOOT!). I do not know all of the instruments that have pro mode, but it looks like drums and keyboard for sure.

As soon as I get a full time job, I was planning on getting the extra Rock Band track packs as well. I have the AC/DC track pack, rb1, rb2, lego rockband, but that is it right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    When you have friends around to play, that is what No Fail Mode is for.
    I guess they have never heard of it lol or think its too easy. I usually just watch and get super bored.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For Rockband I have AC/DC track pack, rb1, rb2, and The Beatles. I no longer own them but I have also imported Green Day and Lego Rockband. Couldn't say how much DLC but a fair bit. Local Blockbuster has the Metal pack for 5 bucks I may get that as well.

Around here locally the Beatles has been really cheap, like 10 or 15 new I think and Lego for 10, really good buys. With the 2 new releases coming in this genre I am expecting more nice deals very soon.

In RB3 for songs confirmed so far I am really liking the 80s stuff chosen, best of all Rainbow in the Dark Dio. I mostly do guitar and singing, suck at both but have a ton of fun. I'm not real big on drumming as it sounds you might be. I am horrible on drums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
    For Rockband I have AC/DC track pack, rb1, rb2, and The Beatles. I no longer own them but I have also imported Green Day and Lego Rockband. Couldn't say how much DLC but a fair bit. Local Blockbuster has the Metal pack for 5 bucks I may get that as well.

Around here locally the Beatles has been really cheap, like 10 or 15 new I think and Lego for 10, really good buys. With the 2 new releases coming in this genre I am expecting more nice deals very soon.

In RB3 for songs confirmed so far I am really liking the 80s stuff chosen, best of all Rainbow in the Dark Dio. I mostly do guitar and singing, suck at both but have a ton of fun. I'm not real big on drumming as it sounds you might be. I am horrible on drums.
    I grew up on drums since my older brother had a crappy drum set, but I could never afford to get a real drum set growing up. Yes, I know this is not a real one, but it is pretty close to a crappy cheap one since it is double pedal, 4 drums and 3 cymbals.

I am excited for double pedal since the rock band pedals suck to hit really fast and I was too cheap to get the $60 pedal

Strawberry (Level 2) Beefy Hits's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I"m a big rock band guy and I plan on getting the keyboard when it comes out.
    You don't have to be smart, you don't have to have all the facts, you just have to be confident.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah. I'll be getting it as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

I still like the genre, the problem is all my friends are tired of it, and with no friends to play with, it kind of kills it for me too.
    Autobots. Roll out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    I still like the genre, the problem is all my friends are tired of it, and with no friends to play with, it kind of kills it for me too.
    You need to start doing what I do, playing online. It is still fun to just hop into a random band and play around, or have others hop into your band. The only downer is that I noticed alot of people I play with online do seem to download any songs.

They also announced that Dio is going to be in Rock Band 3, which will be awesome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    You need to start doing what I do, playing online. It is still fun to just hop into a random band and play around, or have others hop into your band. The only downer is that I noticed alot of people I play with online do seem to download any songs.

They also announced that Dio is going to be in Rock Band 3, which will be awesome
    I dont know, its just not the same than when you have a bunch of friends singing as loud as they can and making fools of themselves. More of an event, than playing a game. I have tried matchmaking a few times and cant ever seem to get matches.
    Autobots. Roll out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    I dont know, its just not the same than when you have a bunch of friends singing as loud as they can and making fools of themselves. More of an event, than playing a game. I have tried matchmaking a few times and cant ever seem to get matches.
    Well, I can hop on now if you want to play some songs.

Add me in your friends list dude, I am always down. Since my roommate's are now in bed, I would have to rock guitar, but I can hop on if you are playing tonight

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just finished playing with my son. My gold has expired I need to renew and I can play with you guys. In RB2 I have a total of 268 songs in the download section, I know that includes Lego, AC/DC and Green Day but its still shitload of songs. Then there are the RB2 and RB1 to put me just over 400 songs total.

I am really looking forward to RB3 - Rainbow in the Dark will kick serious buttocks!
    Last edited by stonecutter; 08-19-2010 at 08:54 AM.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

I'd like to. For ps3 since that is the only hardware I have. If i can afford it (doubtful I have lots of debt and school and work...) I will get it and play it

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

I'm gonna want the keyboard set, but I'm not sure if I'll jump on day one. I doubt it right now, but I'm sure the allure of it will force me to buy it anyway.

I've always been a single-player person on these types of games. I know the draw is to get a bunch of friends together or to play online, but practically all of my friends have moved on from rhythm games (or games entirely), and I don't have time to play online anymore. I just have to see if I can leverage $100+ of enjoyment out of it on single player.

I really do need to get better at the drums, seeing that I bought that ION set last year. Just can't get the feet and hands to work separately...
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

I dont have any of it hooked up, its all boxed up for when I leave for school. I will keep this in mind though for a later time.
    Autobots. Roll out.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

...and after seeing some new leaked songs...this might end up being a day one after all...

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/19/ro...aked-by-video/
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.