Hey, fellas. This is not my first post on these boards, I used to be a member some time ago. I was able to re-register my old username, so I guess they did some "spring cleaning" at some point.

Anyway, I recently purchased my very first Playstation 2, the slim model. I can pop a game in, and the "Playstation 2" logo will pop up, but then it just goes to black. It SOUNDS like it's trying to read the game. I actually got Guitar Hero III's "loading" bar to come up, and it'll load all the way to the end, but then nothing happens. If I let it sit for a while, it'll just go to black.

I've done some research and I'm really overwhelmed with the amount of spam and idiotic "how-to" videos on YouTube. I'd like to fix it, if possible. What's a good starting point? I saw a few videos on replacing the entire laser, which seems simple enough... but I was hoping for an easier fix.

Heh, I still have my DigitalPress Rarity guide from back in the day, so-to-speak. And I really feel like I remember "Tempest" being here back then as well.

Thanks for any help or direction, guys.