Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any masters of the 360 NAT type problems?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DT Maniac

So, I set the mac address on my router and it went to open. I then turned my xbox on and off twice and it stayed open. I went to work and came home and it was moderate. I do know that between that time my brother turned his xbox on so I think that is what messed it up. When I get the chance I'm going to try and put his mac address in the router too and then see. If not I have to make a decision of flashing the router or getting a new one. A lot of people are dependent on the internet here so I'm kind of worried about messing something up if I do the flash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lanzo View Post
    So, I set the mac address on my router and it went to open. I then turned my xbox on and off twice and it stayed open. I went to work and came home and it was moderate. I do know that between that time my brother turned his xbox on so I think that is what messed it up. When I get the chance I'm going to try and put his mac address in the router too and then see. If not I have to make a decision of flashing the router or getting a new one. A lot of people are dependent on the internet here so I'm kind of worried about messing something up if I do the flash.
    You have to have all of the mac addresses listed in the router to keep them all open. If you don't, it's likely that one will stay open and the others will go to mod/closed. Everything works for me if all of their MACs are in the router. GL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DT Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    You have to have all of the mac addresses listed in the router to keep them all open. If you don't, it's likely that one will stay open and the others will go to mod/closed. Everything works for me if all of their MACs are in the router. GL.
    Ok, just a quick question though. If I am doing this in the right spot in the router settings there is only room for 2 different mac addresses, is that correct?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

These responses are making my head hurt. Ahem...

GET TOMATO 1.28!

OP: You need to use custom firmware.

1.) Go here: http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato

2.) If your router is supported (most older Linksys WRT54G's are), download the firmware, install it, and you will never have another issue with NAT again. Open NAT...all the time. Zero disconnects.

Quite simply the best thing that's ever happened to my 6-year-old, piece of shit, Walmart-bought, WRT54G router.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DT Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    These responses are making my head hurt. Ahem...

GET TOMATO 1.28!

OP: You need to use custom firmware.

1.) Go here: http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato

2.) If your router is supported (most older Linksys WRT54G's are), download the firmware, install it, and you will never have another issue with NAT again. Open NAT...all the time. Zero disconnects.

Quite simply the best thing that's ever happened to my 6-year-old, piece of shit, Walmart-bought, WRT54G router.
    Oooooh nooooo!!!My wrt54g is version 6, so tomato wont work. WTF!!! only versions 1-4 WTF!!!

What would you guys recommend. Should I buy a new router, if yes what would you recommend, or should I buy an older version off of ebay? What are the limitations of the older models?
    Last edited by Lanzo; 08-31-2010 at 07:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Lanzo View Post
    Oooooh nooooo!!!My wrt54g is version 6, so tomato wont work. WTF!!! only versions 1-4 WTF!!!

What would you guys recommend. Should I buy a new router, if yes what would you recommend, or should I buy an older version off of ebay? What are the limitations of the older models?
    I would recommend buying an older version model from ebay. Flash it with Tomato and go from there. The only limitation is the older WRT54g's (obviously) don't have wireless N capability. It's probably your best and cheapest alternative.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)