Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Exclamation NAVA Gamer's Meeting, September 25th: "Poy Poy, Boy"

NAVA = North Atlantic Videogame Aficionados. This is a FREE event bringing gamers together for competition, trading, and chatter.

Previously at NAVA...
    - The battle of the 64's was on: Commodore 64 vs. Nintendo 64. Due to a lack of old-school guys, Nintendo 64 won by a landslide
    - The store's previous high score on "Spelunker" was taken in a tight race by Mike "killersquirel" Markowski.
    ...- The 6PM tournament was Nintendo 64 "GoldenEye 007". Micky Wright walked away the top guy. Name now emblazoned on the store's Wall of Fame.
    - It may have very well been the hottest night in NAVA history. Most people at one time, also most people without an air conditioner. In the summer.
    - Games and systems traded hands between attendees who brought their own trade boxes.
    - Pictures tell it best:

http://www.digitpress.com/images/store/

This month: Someone mentioned Poy Poy this week and I wondered how it could be possible that we not only have never had a Poy Poy tournament, but how we could have never even featured Poy Poy at ANY store event. So we're featuring it, and holding a tournament for it. That will fix things. I might also hook up a link cable so we can honor PlayStation 1 in general, and the link cable feature is surprisingly cool and fun for this "old" era of gaming. Or, I might hook up the Sega Genesis/Sega CD/Sega 32X monster on the other main monitor. We'll see!

Please. If you don't know Poy Poy, or care to dismiss it based on its silly name, you're missing something really great. Kinda like how 15 years later everyone learned how great Gunstar Heroes was. Embrace this. Play and compete in it. I promise it will be permanently added to your gaming resume.

At 6PM it's TOURNAMENT TIME. It's Poy Poy.

This month's arcade high score challenge will be "Dock Man". Why? Because like Poy Poy, it's all about throwing things around and having things thrown at you. The person who logs in the highest score by 8pm will get a $20 gift certificate for the Digital Press store and will be added to the new "house champion" tournament plaque on the Wall of Fame located just above the arcade section of the store. Get your practicing in now!

Get your trade boxes in order, it's NAVA time!

When: Saturday, September 25th, noon to midnight.
    Where: Digital Press Videogames: http://tinyurl.com/yscakm
    What happens: Gaming, trading, tournaments, big prizes! Extra game stations are set up around the store. Attendance is FREE. Half price for kids!
    What can I bring?: Snacks, soda and beer are always appreciated. Cakes have been very popular as well.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am bringing another box of great stuff. I will have a modded sega saturn in original box for sale. I will have a plug and play mame/daphne/misfit mame/age mame hard drive. I have an amiga cd32 in the original box if anyone is interested I will bring it.

I am also bringing my game face for Dock Man. I say bring the challenge.

-mike

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey everyone, my wife recorded video from this NAVA, we put it on youtube in 3 parts, heres the link to the first part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiGrjYGU7fc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Regrettably (for me anyway) I missed the September NAVA. I'd love to see the pics though. Are they posted anywhere outside of Facebook?
    "A 'Radical Centrist' ??? Isn't that like being a Take-No-Prisoners Pussy? " - Stephen Colbert
    My Resume
    My Blog

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by noahsmybro View Post
    regrettably (for me anyway) i missed the september nava. I'd love to see the pics though. Are they posted anywhere outside of facebook?
    But you were assigned to bring the camera!

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Pics updated. The announcement for October's event should be out pretty soon too!