Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: October 2010 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The most noteworthy purchase for me this month has been Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. It's pretty awesome IMO. Other than that, there have been some purchases, but meh. I don't remember them all.

Glad to see DP back up and running!

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm glad to see that the DP forums are back up and running! I've bought quite a few things during the downtime:

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology for $20.00 (Used, Complete) - I found this through my local Craigslist ads. I'd seen it on the site a few times before, but the seller was always too far for me to get to.

Kirby's Dream Course for $5.00 (Used, Loose) - I like Kirby games, so I wanted to try this. It took me a bit to figure out how to play it, but I'm enjoying so far.

Mario Paint w/ Mouse for $3.00 (Used, Loose)

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing for $18.99 (New) - I've been considering picking this ever since the price when down to $30. So when I had a bit of extra cash, I when down a local store and discovered they had dropped the price even further.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii for $11.00 (Used, Complete) - I traded a bunch of games to a pawn shop, and used the credit to get this for cheap. Me and my sister are loving the co--op mode.

2000 Wii Points Card for $20.00 - I picked this up in anticipation of Sonic 4's release next week.

Jazware's Silver the Hedgehog Figure for $7.99 (New) - I noticed that the Canadian Toys "R" Us site finally had these figures listed. So I went to my local store today to see if they had them as well.

Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Adventure Manga Vol. 5 for $5.99 (New)

Sailor Moon Manga Volume 1 for 99 cents (Used) - It's pretty beat up, but for 99 cents I can't complain!

11 issues of Nintendo Power for $3.00 (Used) - I really need to stop buying cheap gaming magazines. I'm running out of room to store them.

I also sold a few my games to someone on Craigslist and made $100. Now I can afford to get Sonic Colours in November!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I order this for $24.99.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

That horrible game got an artbook and a figure?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Strawberry (Level 2) icarwngs55's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So the story goes a little like this...

Went to the Flea Market on Sunday. Saw an R-Zone sitting on a table (never saw one in the wild), so I ask the nice older gentleman "how much?" For that thing $1. I was initially worried what the price would be as he had 2 bare bones N64 Systems stickered $55 each

So I buy the R-Zone (game with Star Wars and Batman game) for $1. I am walking away and in the back of his pickup truck I see an old hand held baseball game sticking out of a GIANT tupperware bin; I was about to ask to see it then I was like 'meh' i don't want it anyhow.

So I do a lap around some nearby tables and walk by R-Zone guy again. I was like OH HELL WHATEVER "Hey I was wondering I see that baseball game in your truck, got any more hand held games back there?"

He was like "Oh yea a ton, I just didn't put them out" then starts to lay several on the table before saying "You know what, there are too many; the bin is heavy just come back here and look"

I head behind the table to take a gander. This bin was FILLED, so it was quite overwhelming to dig through when after about 1minute the guy goes "You could just take the whole bin, haha" to which I responded "I don't think I could afford it buddy, haha" to which he says "You can't afford $5?!"

*JAW DROPS*

"$5 Are you serious?"
    "Yeah take it all I don't want it"
    "Ok my girlfriend is going to kill me, but ok!"

I pull my SUV around to pick up this bin...

I 100% (no lie) only looked at the first layer and had NO IDEA what was underneath, but I figured for $5 I could throw 99% out and be fine

And here is the unveiling...

Tiger Electronic Games

Tiger Electronic 'GAME SHOW' games

Tiger Electronic 'Memory and Gambling' Games

MGA Games

Excaliber Games

'No Name' [cheap-o?] games

Hasbro Games

Acclaim Games

Radio Shack Games

(keep going)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

(con't)
    Milton Bradley Games

Texas Instruments Game

Sega Hand Helds (OOOOO...love 'em)

Older 'hand helds' (Sears; Coleco; etc.)

This thing is huge...not so 'hand held'

Newer 'plug n play' games

Sealed Games...

Tiger Electronics Machine Gun (What the hell is this?!!??!)

Random 'crap' in the bin...(TMNT VHS; X-men toys; Teddy Bear earring holder; Peacemaker PS Gun)

(keep going)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

(con't)

Playstation Gun of sorts...new

Wii (unnecessary) accessories...new

'Quest of the Space Beagle' old computer game...no idea what this is

Tomb Raider II computer game

Newer Coleco game

Fabulous Fred Game

Price is Right Electronic Board Game

FC Game Console; new in the box...is this some kind of knock off NES??

AND THAT IS ALL!!!! Most was dirty as hell and is still somewhat dirty, but managed to go through it all, YAY!

If anyone knows anything about this stuff (cause I don't) let me know. I don't think I am hanging onto to most of it....but now how to sell it and find the value...hmmmmmmmm

Mike

Insert Coin (Level 0) yoshilime53's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, an amazing deal!

and yes, that fc game console is a nes clone, but they work very well.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

That's crazy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I got one thing: Die Hard Nakatomi Plaza.

The good? It's mint.

The bad? IT REEKS OF CIGAR AND FLAVORED TOBACCO. Looks like it'll spend a week airing out just to get that stench out. God damnit.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

That's damn impressive icarwngs55! Personally I'd keep the tiger handhelds and anything else that I find personally interesting and offer up the rest on Halloween.

I've been through a miserable couple of days as I had taken this week off work to get some non-work stuff taken care of, only to get sick. The fun started on Friday night on the way to visit my parents but didn't get full blown until Sunday morning when I was heading home. I feel much better now but that's beside the point. On Saturday heading back to my parent's house after taking care of some errands with my girlfriend we stopped at a big yard sale. Nothing very interesting except for a couple of big plastic bags with Genesis stuff in them and a note that said it was all $25.00. It looked pretty dusty but there were a couple boxed 32X games in there, a Genny 1, SCD 2, and a 32X with the cable at the bottom so I figured what the hell. I offered $20.00 which was accepted. The seller was a nice guy that I guess was just selling stuff for someone else (estate sale or storage clearing) and said if I got it home and it didn't work to come back that day and he'd give me my money back. I told him not to worry about it and (almost) everything ended up working anyway. Here's a before and after...

GEN - Genesis system Model 1 (with power adapter)
    GEN - Sega CD Model 2 (with power adapter)
    GEN - Sega 32X (with power adapter)
    GEN - Video cable for 32X with Genesis 1 adapter cable
    GEN - EA Sports 4 player splitter
    GEN - Genesis three button control pad (four of these, two long cables, two short)
    GEN - Caesar's Palace (complete)
    GEN - Madden '94 (complete)
    GEN - Madden '97 (complete)
    GEN - NBA Live '96 (loose)
    GEN - Hardball '94 (loose)
    GEN - NHL '95 (complete)
    GEN - Olympic Gold Barcelona '92 (complete)
    GEN - PGA Tour Golf II (complete)
    GEN - RBI Baseball '94 (loose)
    GEN - Triple Play '96 (loose)
    GEN - Winter Olympics Lillehammer '94 (complete)
    SCD - Joe Montana's NFL Football (disc only)
    SCD - Sewer Shark pack-in (complete)
    SCD - Sherlock Holmes / Sega Classics 4 in 1 pack-in (no booklet)
    SCD - Tomcat Alley (complete)
    SCD - Wheel of Fortune (disc only)
    32X - Star Wars Arcade (no booklet)
    32X - Virtua Racing Deluxe (complete)

Mainly sports games and the usual SCD crap (although Sega Classics is always a decent disc to find) but I can't complain. Everything worked fine except for one control pad (plastic cracked) and the RF box that came with it was shot. Also I don't mind finding common Genny sports games if they're complete with all the pack-in stuff as these have, so I think I'll hold onto them... that and NHL '95 kicks ass. I'm going to keep the 32X for my JVC X'Eye but will probably list the Genny 1 and SCD on craigslist with the SCD games and loose Genesis games eventually.

A couple quick purchases from one of my sisters, $5.00 for the pair. I'll buy pretty much any Game Boy game for cheap these days and Konami Arcade Classics is a superb arcade compilation for the PlayStation, as many here know.

PS1 - Konami Arcade Classics (complete)
    GB - Ms. Pac-Man (loose)

Finally, as my birthday is this weekend, I decided to buy something for myself I've wanted for a long time. An Arsenal home shirt from '00-'02 when Sega was their corporate sponsor. It took a long time to meet my criteria (original, good shape, affordable shipping, XXL size, etc.) and it all kind of fell together. Ended up being £25 shipped. Finding an XXL has been the problem, which translates into an XL in the US.

It has minor pilling but no holes and only minor discoloration of the velour Dreamcast logo. Not bad at all for a 10 year old soccer (excuse me, football) jersey.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Never expected to see that much imported goodness at once at a Goodwill in Manhattan Beach, CA. Pretty much all of the obis and other paperwork are included.

Thought the Fox Interactive sticker was interesting too, but that's the collector sickness talking.

Edit: Finally had time to identify them all:

Saturn:

Blue Seed
    Clockwork Knight-Pepperouchau no Daibouken Gekan
    Elf wo Karu Monotachi
    Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 3-Lightning Angel
    Magic Carpet
    Princess Maker 2
    Riglord Saga
    Saturn Bomberman Fight!!!
    Sentimental Graffiti
    Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner
    Slayers Royal
    Tokimeki Memorial Forever With You
    Vampire Hunter
    Wizards Harmony

PlayStation:

Battle Athletess: Daiundoukai GTO
    Front Mission Alternative
    Hunter X Hunter-Maboroshi no Greed Island
    Klaymen Klaymen
    Pandora Project: The Logic Master
    Parasite Eve II
    R4 Ridge Racer Type 4
    SaGa Frontier
    Soul Edge
    Spectral Force 2
    Super Robot Wars Alpha
    Taregoro: Tarepanda no Iru Nichijou
    Um Jammer Lammy
    Last edited by orangest; 10-07-2010 at 10:21 PM.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Darn... you guys are making me jealous :/

Well... Lot sale and 3 items: A Hitachi remote (That ended up not being worth my trouble), a Polaroid 7" TFT screen for a portable DVD player (Great for modding! Or portabilizing >_>), and a loose DKC2 instruction booklet.

Not a lot at all, I don't even know why I made this post with such pathetic finds! Anyways, I hear tomorrow there'll be ton of garage sales so I've got my fingers crossed!
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by orangest View Post
    Never expected to see that much imported goodness at once at a Goodwill in Manhattan Beach, CA. Pretty much all of the obis and other paperwork are included.

Thought the Fox Interactive sticker was interesting too, but that's the collector sickness talking.
    Very nice indeed! If you ever want to sell that Princess Maker 2, please let me know!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Found a CIB TurboGrafx CD, and a loose TurboGrafx 16 with 3 controllers, a Turbotap, and a R-Type hucard for $50 at the flea market. Both of them work, although the power supply for the CD unit is dangerously frayed, I had to use the one that I had in storage to get it working. Is there a cheap substitute power supply for the CD unit that I can get without having to get an original one?

I found some records and 45s, although no one is likely interested in those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

Nice find on that Polaroid SX-70. I sell them like hotcakes in the summer. They are always a quick and easy sale.
    Autobots. Roll out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Here's the only notable stuff I've found since the forum crashed and burned. My car was having problems, so I wasn't thrift shopping at all until I could get it repaired. It's fixed now, so I'll be hitting the ol' thrifts again. And as far as the stuff in the picture, the Atari was only $2.99, Shadowrun for the SNES is complete and was $14.99, and the Bridge Challenger (which comes with its own briefcase, felt tabletop, power supply, paperwork, and a key to lock the case up) was $6.96. The only thing missing from it was a specially barcoded deck of cards that you'd slide through the top of the device. I love old '70s and '80s electronic handhelds, but this one is too huge to be considered a handheld. And the outer bottom casing of it is real wood! I can't use it since there's no cards, but there's a web site that I can buy a new deck from for two and a half bucks. Nice.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Managed to get to a thrift this morning. As I was walking around I saw a worker hoist a bin out of the cart and saw a pink NES cleaner as he went by. Looked closer and saw NES, N64, and SNES carts so I did a uey (yuey?) and picked up everything as he set it down (they don't like you shopping out of their carts/bins). From that I put back Blades of Steel, Double Dribble, some sports N64 & SNES games. Found DKC2 elsewhere since they just scatter everything randomly. Actually saw lots of grey plastic today, some in every aisle, which was nice, just too bad this was all that was worth it to me. I think the only marginally notable things I passed on were SNES SFII & X-men, and N64 Spiderman and Nagano. Longbox games I got because they are longbox games . Grand total was $13 because it is 25% off w/ VIP card on Fri.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

I'd open up that Star Force cart. Could be a proto.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Isn't that the normal label?