Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super Meat Boy (XBL, Wii, PC)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Very fun game, but brutally difficult as people mentioned already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, more power to you if you have the patience and skill to beat all 300+ of the levels, and get all of the bandages. I think I stopped playing somewhere in the neighborhood of 200. At that point, I had gotten more than my money's worth and the game was starting to become more of a chore than fun.

I still give it a solid 9.5 / 10 though, amazing and gets you addicted for sure!
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

This game is n+ with special things to collect for each level (band-aids). I stuck it out for a while in n+ and i'm sure i'll stick it out for a while with this one, but I don't think i'll 200/200 it unless I can convince Oobgarm to do it for me.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Ha!

I'm at 280+ levels. The first 5 levels are all done, with only a few bandages left on world 5. I have 97 bandages, but thanks to the glitch, I was unable to unlock every character that required bandage collection.

Getting The Kid was the toughest achievement for me. There were a couple levels in World 5 that gave me some trouble, mainly 5-4x and 5-15x.

In the Cotton Alley, 7-15 and 7-16 were really tough for me.

Other than that though, it wasn't so bad. I'm still working my way through it, but I dunno if I'll ever complete every level in the game. Getting par time on some of those levels is near impossible.

Flying back through it on the PC is a good time.
    Last edited by Oobgarm; 01-14-2011 at 09:22 AM.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Frankly this game is my ideal of perfection: I cannot imagine what could be done to the game to make it any more perfect. The only reasonable complaint about this game that I will acknowledge is that "Its just not for me" which is always a default, but never wrong, argument for not liking something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's not bad to be sure, simple in execution with good control. I do think it can be a bit high in requirements for a stage but adding to replay value in this manner isn't a huge concern for those who like these kinds of games.

I only just began this past week and it's good to kill time on for sure. I got stumped at Level -1 and I haven't played since.
    Whaddya mean invalid parameters?!

9,000 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Those minus worlds are completely optional. I've only finished a couple of them myself.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm View Post
    I dunno if I'll ever complete every level in the game. Getting par time on some of those levels is near impossible.
    ...and after a couple days of intense concentration, I only have 3 levels left to complete:

6-5x, 7-19x, and 7-20x. I don't have the par time for 7-20. so I've not even got to try the dark world version of it yet.

Only 4 bandages left, all on world 5 warp zones. (Meat is Death and Skyscraper)

This is now a "top 5 games ever" title for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm View Post
    ...and after a couple days of intense concentration, I only have 3 levels left to complete:

6-5x, 7-19x, and 7-20x. I don't have the par time for 7-20. so I've not even got to try the dark world version of it yet.

Only 4 bandages left, all on world 5 warp zones. (Meat is Death and Skyscraper)

This is now a "top 5 games ever" title for me.
    Nice. I'm nowhere near that (@ 72%), even after 26 hours of playtime. The warp zones give me the hardest time, and I'm getting a little tired of them (there are really a lot of warp zones in this game). I don't think I am going for the kid, or skyscraper until it is the last thing to do. I may call it quits after getting "the real ending", which should only take me a few more hours to unlock.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by whoisKeel View Post
    Nice. I'm nowhere near that (@ 72%), even after 26 hours of playtime. The warp zones give me the hardest time, and I'm getting a little tired of them (there are really a lot of warp zones in this game). I don't think I am going for the kid, or skyscraper until it is the last thing to do. I may call it quits after getting "the real ending", which should only take me a few more hours to unlock.
    Wait till you go through Cotton Alley. Some of those levels are laughably brutal.

Funny thing from last night...I can now get all 4 bandages I need, but I can't finish the last level of either warp zone.

The second bandage in Skyscraper is in the 3rd stage, literally right near Bandage Girl. Making the final jump down and avoiding spikes is giving me trouble.

The third level in Meat is Death involves fans, and I hate, hate, HATE fans. I can't even get across the gap once to get the key.

Getting the Kid took 3 days of playing. I had a lot of trouble getting through the first level. Once I got my pattern down to get through the two columns, it was cake. I found that a quick double-jump when you first begin to ascend the column was the key to getting the jumps down solid. The second and third levels were simply timing issues that took me way too long to nail down. Good thing there are infinite lives, so I could just pause and walk away when I needed to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

...and that's a wrap on the standard game. Patience and repetition really did pay off here. Such an amazing title.
    Last edited by Oobgarm; 01-22-2011 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Game = completed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

http://supermeatboy.com/80/New_Chapters_added_/#b

New chapters added!

The Expert Levels are gonna be fun and tough. Especially considering that the first level of The Kid's Warp Zone is in there. Dunno how they could make it harder, but I'm certainly looking forward to it.