Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Mario All-Stars is getting (another) NA release (this time on Wii)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Super Mario Collection Special Pack Wii

October 21st in Japan, I hope it comes here

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! This might seal the deal on me finally buying a Wii!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm thinking of getting a used Wii..I have to get my PS3 out of layaway first

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Do you have a link? What is it exactly? A download or physical disc?
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Super Mario Allstars on a disc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

People are excited about a barebones port of Mario Allstars? I mean you are seriously going to justify a purchase of a Wii just to play Mario Allstars?

And this sounds perfectly sane to you?
    zomg I have a sig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! This might seal the deal on me finally buying a Wii!

Or you know shell out 6$ for the same game on SNES....

Good news though! They do have a Twilight game for Wii!!!!
    ..Sadly it has to do with Zelda and not sparkly vampire guys.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This should really be an $8 Virtual Console title if anything (you know, since it is an SNES game). A disc collection should really be every Mario game up to Mario 64.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default Super Mario All-Stars is getting (another) NA release (this time on Wii)

I know a lot of people had been pining for this since it was released in Japan. Looks like we are getting it in NA Dec 12.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/66223

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

SMB3. A demake of a remake of a remake of the original. SMB1. A port of a demake of a remake of a remake of the original. SMB2. A demake of a remake of a remake of a completely different game than the original. SMB2tLL. A port of a remake(All these are based on US console releases only.) Who wouldn't want to throw $40 on a group of games that has more copies out there than any game in existance?

Yay! I'm buying the same game for the fifth time on a different console! So worth $40! Daaaay one puuurrrrrchaaaaaase!!!

I guess Nintendo is glad they can milk the same game for 25 years and people are still stupid enough to buy it again at a premium price.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 10-28-2010 at 12:40 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    SMB3. A demake of a remake of a remake of the original. SMB1. A port of a demake of a remake of a remake of the original. SMB2. A demake of a remake of a remake of a completely different game than the original. SMB2tLL. A port of a remake(All these are based on US console releases only.) Who wouldn't want to throw $40 on a group of games that has more copies out there than any game in existance?

Yay! I'm buying the same game for the fifth time on a different console! So worth $40! Daaaay one puuurrrrrchaaaaaase!!!

I guess Nintendo is glad they can milk the same game for 25 years and people are still stupid enough to buy it again at a premium price.
    It's only $30, it's actually on a disc as opposed to being a download and it includes a slip case, a soundtrack and an art booklet. Not a bad deal if you ask me, especially if you don't have your SNES or NES hooked up and still like playing any of the games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Kupo, it's only $30 :P

I will get it only because I have a feeling it will be become rare. Can't explain the feeling, but I agree with that the article said when comparing with Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Still, $30 is not a bad price.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just don't get how they can not include Super Mario World in this. Or, for that matter, the Super Mario Land games. The Mega Man remakes get *all* of the Mega Man games, the Sonic remakes get a whole bunch of titles on each, the Mario remake has to be the exact same as the first version published 16 or 17 years ago, but with a soundtrack?

I mean, I guess Nintendo can do it because that's what Nintendo does, but at some point I feel like this is a total rip off.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    I will get it only because I have a feeling it will be become rare. Can't explain the feeling, but I agree with that the article said when comparing with Metroid Prime Trilogy.
    Though they're billing it as a 'limited edition' it's still going to sell in excess of a million copies. In the end, it'll probably end up being worth more than most wii games, but probably less than the $30 it's gonna cost.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

SMB3. A demake of a remake of a remake of the original.
    Oh, fine, I'll bite. How exactly did you arrive at this?
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    This collection is a rerelease of a remake. I'm not sure what he's thinking. And what the heck is a demake (He was constantly using that term along with remake in his post)?

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Actually, sales on VC have been relatively poor in general, which is why Nintendo uses it as a dumping ground for old games without any effort at all to improve them.
    It wasn't in the earlier days. Just do some searching, Nintendo several times lauded the success of the program and it's sales numbers during the first couple of years of the console. Or check out the Nintendo Channel and see how many unique SMW buyers and other major first party game buyers have logged into the service.

You'll find that in North America alone, at least 317,680 people have purchased Super Mario World (Yielding over 2.5 million in revenue for NOA at very little cost, not bad for a 20 year old property). And that's just the North American numbers and just those that have logged into the Nintendo Channel after purchasing and playing the game at least once. And they're not just buying it for nostaglia and playing a level or two, the average buyer has spent over 11 hours in the game.

It wasn't until most of the major first party releases were used up and WiiWare become Nintendo's focus that things slowed down.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 10-28-2010 at 08:09 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    This collection is a rerelease of a remake. I'm not sure what he's thinking. And what the heck is a demake (He was constantly using that term along with remake in his post)?

It wasn't in the earlier days. Just do some searching, Nintendo several times lauded the success of the program and it's sales numbers during the first couple of years of the console. Or check out the Nintendo Channel and see how many unique SMW buyers and other major first party game buyers have logged into the service.

You'll find that in North America alone, at least 317,680 people have purchased Super Mario World (Yielding over 2.5 million in revenue for NOA at very little cost, not bad for a 20 year old property). And that's just the North American numbers and just those that have logged into the Nintendo Channel after purchasing and playing the game at least once. And they're not just buying it for nostaglia and playing a level or two, the average buyer has spent over 11 hours in the game.

It wasn't until most of the major first party releases were used up and WiiWare become Nintendo's focus that things slowed down.
    There are 36 million Wiis in the US. 317K download sales is terrible. There are tons of games released on the NES and SNES they could add, but they have no interest in going after minimal returns. Heck, even Nintendo has admitted in interviews that the VC was less successful than they had hoped and that they have basically stopped support for it. Nintendo loves WiiWare because just like Microsoft and Sony, they can charge a percentage to third parties to sell stuff at zero risk to themselves.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    I was thinking that SMB3 has the extra red coins added into Super Mario Bros. 2 on the original Super Mario Bros. Advance. I looked it up and it seems that it's just a port.

With SMB2, it's a demake because they remade the remake and then they removed the extras off the newer version.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 10-28-2010 at 08:51 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I was thinking that SMB3 has the extra red coins added into Super Mario Bros. 2 on the original Super Mario Bros. Advance. I looked it up and it seems that it's just a port.
    The GBA versions of SMB2 and SMB3 were ports of a remake with a fwew slight changes and enhancements.

But this Wii release is just an emulated version of the original remakes from 1993 or so (Super Mario All-Stars). It isn't a remake of a remake.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 08-05-2014 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Nintendo is offering a value product at a reasonable price. They are offering this on physical media. Nobody gives a crap about your Nintendo bashing.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist