Thread: Keiji Inafune says 'adios' to Capcom.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Default Keiji Inafune says 'adios' to Capcom.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/29/ke...leaves-capcom/

He states no reason why... I think he feels he's done just about all he can at Capcom, and wants to move on.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

He has been saying how he hates his job for the past year. I expected this.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Honestly, I don't blame him. I've been reading his musings on the industry, and while my first reaction is "wow, that's pretty radical," my immediate realization is always "wait a minute, he's right."

I'm still taking this in, but essentially, Mega Man is over. Unless Capcom puts a creative visionary in charge of story continuity, we're stuck seeing spin-offs and one-shots forever.

Regardless, I stand behind him. He seems to be the only one who sees what's really going on, that gaming isn't what it used to be.

If he stays in the industry, then I think it's a safe bet that he'll put out something that shakes up the stale market. If not, then I hope that he at least does something creative.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    Regardless, I stand behind him. He seems to be the only one who sees what's really going on, that gaming isn't what it used to be.
    He's right, though. With almost every release we see another shitty game. Every new release we see high review scores across the boards and maybe he was looking at it that way. The games are getting worse and the scores aren't going down. I can tell you that most high rated games released this gen don't hold a candle to the best games released any of the previous generations but the scores are as high or higher. FF13 is a major example yet by some huge coincidence every well known gaming site gives it high ratings.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 10-30-2010 at 12:06 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Insert Coin (Level 0) BuddyBoy600alt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy How could you, Keiji Inafune

I have more sad news, Mega Man has been discontinued. I am very sorry. But there is nothing I can do. Capcom cannot continue doing new Mega Man games without Keiji Inafune. R.I.P. Mega Man (1987-2010), You will be missed.
    Action 52 Announcer: "Make your selections now!"

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    He's right, though. With almost every release we see another shitty game. Every new release we see high review scores across the boards and maybe he was looking at it that way. The games are getting worse and the scores aren't going down. I can tell you that most high rated games released this gen don't hold a candle to the best games released any of the previous generations but the scores are as high or higher. FF13 is a major example yet by some huge coincidence every well known gaming site gives it high ratings.
    I personally enjoyed FF13 a lot and feel that it deserved a high rating, but I must be honest and say that it didn't have the same engrossing effect that other games could have.

I said that to conclude that I think a lot of reviewing sites/magazines are now awarding ratings based on what a game "should get" due to high budgets and high production values rather than what they actually rate the game based on fun and the experience. I doubt that anybody could really argue that the game does not have high production values and is not a quality, published game.

Also, almost every game that I can recall that has received really high scores has also been very expensive and very high profile. I can't remember many games this generation that were not hyped at all and then received stellar reviews.

On the more direct subject of Inafune leaving, I am sure Mega Man will somehow survive. Who knows, maybe this is what he needed to really make it big again? (**cough Sonic too cough**)