Thread: Xbox (Original) Europe Only Game Question

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Xbox (Original) Europe Only Game Question

Hello there people! Do anybody has a link that show a list of Europe Only Xbox (Original) games?

Thanks

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wikipedia has a list of all titles with the PAL titles highlighted. Best I could find.

What's the best way to play PAL games in the US? DO you simply need a mod chip? or do you need a TV that accepts PAL output?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

a modded xbox will play PAL games in NTSC format (and vice-versa)

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Is there any particular game people are interested in from the PAL exclusive list? I didn't see anything on there that made me want to seek out a modded Xbox.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Is there any particular game people are interested in from the PAL exclusive list? I didn't see anything on there that made me want to seek out a modded Xbox.
    neighbors from hell is fun, but it was available on the PC in the states.

the only real sought after import is metal wolf chaos out of japan.

The game revolves around a fictitious President of the United States named Michael Wilson. Using a suit of powered armor named Metal Wolf, he battles forces who have taken over his country in a coup d'état, including his arch nemesis, Vice President Richard Hawk.
    It's has full english.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuken View Post
    Wikipedia has a list of all titles with the PAL titles highlighted. Best I could find.

What's the best way to play PAL games in the US? DO you simply need a mod chip? or do you need a TV that accepts PAL output?
    I softmodded my xbox, and most dashboards allow you to force certain regions on your games in some kind of menu.

it's helpful when the only copy of a game you can find is PAL...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have made alot of progress with my Xbox collection (US only). I noticed there were a number of UK/Australia releases that might be a way of extending my Xbox collection (similar to collecting SMS games). The region issue needs to be conquered. I generally avoid mods other than video mods in place of original hardware, but I may go for a soft mod here, or an actual mod-chipped one if it turns up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd be happy to hook you up with a soft mod kit if you'd like.
    All i'd need would be a memory card, or heck, i could go get one for you and ship it all ready to go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    the only real sought after import is metal wolf chaos out of japan. It's has full english.
    Dude, I had never heard of this game before, but after reading a description and watching a video I HAVE to play this. I looks unbelievably amazing.

Completely over the top and absolutely ridiculous. How could something like this go unreleased in the states especially with such an awesome story.

Wiki quote: "The game revolves around a fictitious President of the United States named Michael Wilson. Using a suit of powered armor named Metal Wolf, he battles forces who have taken over his country in a coup d'état, including his arch nemesis, Vice President Richard Hawk."

Is there ANYTHING in that quote that doesn't scream awesomeness!?!?!?
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith Storm View Post
    Dude, I had never heard of this game before, but after reading a description and watching a video I HAVE to play this. I looks unbelievably amazing.

Completely over the top and absolutely ridiculous. How could something like this go unreleased in the states especially with such an awesome story.

Wiki quote: "The game revolves around a fictitious President of the United States named Michael Wilson. Using a suit of powered armor named Metal Wolf, he battles forces who have taken over his country in a coup d'état, including his arch nemesis, Vice President Richard Hawk."

Is there ANYTHING in that quote that doesn't scream awesomeness!?!?!?
    Actually, they tried desperately to find a US publisher, but several other mech games on the Xbox didn't sell that well and I think some of the more mainstream publishers were a little worried about the subject matter. I know I worked as a legal consultant with a start-up publisher that was considering doing a line of budget Xbox releases after most support for the Xbox was dropped and that was the number one title they tried to get, as well as Rent A Hero and a few others which were either mostly translated or didn't require language skills to play. Ultimately, the economy prevented them from getting financing and the whole plan was scrapped when the publisher shut down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Actually, they tried desperately to find a US publisher, but several other mech games on the Xbox didn't sell that well and I think some of the more mainstream publishers were a little worried about the subject matter. I know I worked as a legal consultant with a start-up publisher that was considering doing a line of budget Xbox releases after most support for the Xbox was dropped and that was the number one title they tried to get, as well as Rent A Hero and a few others which were either mostly translated or didn't require language skills to play. Ultimately, the economy prevented them from getting financing and the whole plan was scrapped when the publisher shut down.
    Wow... Well I'm glad to see that it was at least given consideration for a US release, just disappointed that it didn't actually come out. It looks like my type of game and those are getting fewer and further between.

Same thing with Rent A Hero. I knew the DC version would never make it to the states but hoped that the Xbox port would eventually surface, but unfortunately it was never released here either.
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Not sure if you know, but the English Xbox version of Rent a Hero was eventually leaked. The entire game is completely translated.

As for PAL-only games, it's pretty redundant with the PC version but I like the Xbox version of Taito Legends 2. Compared to the PC version, it gets Bubble Symphony which is a big plus. Pop 'n Pop and Rayforce were nice exclusives too. It also turns out it's region free, so you can play it on unmodded NA Xboxes.
    Last edited by Vlcice; 11-05-2010 at 07:35 AM.