Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: November 2010 Finds

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Hadn't been to a thrift in ages until yesterday. I found this stuff for a total of 26.37. They have now started bagging all NES, SNES, and N64 games and they have variable and higher prices than previously. This had been my favorite thrift, but deals have been getting much more scarce and now this makes it even worse. I thought I didn't have Little League Baseball so I grabbed it anyway, but turns out I do have it. Guess it is time to put my list in a form I can carry with me.

The Adobe thing still has its seal sticker along the top edge so I grabbed it, but I don't know anything about it and can't find any completed auctions.

Calculator seemed pretty cool so I grabbed it.

3DO games I couldn't pass up since I've only seen them in the wild a couple times. Also turns out I don't have any of these already, so that's good, too!

Talkboy has its original tape in it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

A couple items for the past week or so. First off a going away / thank you gift of sorts from my Nintendo representative. It's an unfolded Super Mario Bros. 25th Anniversary sign fixture. It folds into a big box and ends up being about three inches thick by five feet or so across.

And the RC-XD vehicle from the Call of Duty Black Ops Prestige Edition bundle. Someone got one over on the store and returned a couple Prestige Editions sans the game, so everything else was bound for the trash after being checked in for defective credit. Universal markdown ran it to $4.90 which is what I paid for the vehicle and transmitter. It works okay but the transmitter seems to be junk. I can control the vehicle fine, adjust the speed setting and microphone volume without issue but I get nothing on the display. I'd say it's a transmitter LCD problem since I don't get the Black Ops splash screen (should come up even when the vehicle is off) or any of the power / setting indicators on screen. It's just fully illuminated white the entire time. Oh well, still a fun little RC vehicle for five bucks. Curious though, anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    3DO games I couldn't pass up since I've only seen them in the wild a couple times.
    Nice. I haven't seen 3DO games at a thrift store in YEARS, and only once or twice ever. Shockingly, not too many people in Buffalo plunked down the serious cash for the console years ago.