Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: November 2010 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

its been quite a while, probably over a year since i've posted here due to the birth of my twin sons just over a year ago. but i just recently have gotten back into gaming...

Just picked up COD Black Ops today...but over the last several months have picked up titles such as SSFIV, Halo Reach, Transformers WFC, among others...all for the 360

My love lies truly among the classic consoles, but every playntrade around has closed practically and i have not tried ebay in a long time

Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love 90% off

Punch-Out (NIB) $64.99 with 90% off = $6.50
    x2 Wii Remote + Motion Plus $44.99 with 90% off = $4.50
    Classic Controller Pro $19.99 with 90% off = $2.00

Craigs list Pikachu 64 $10

20 LaserDiscs for $20

Chinese Lego gun $10
    My Ebay Feedback My DP Feedback
    VVV Work in Progress VVV

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

Been awhile since I actually took the time to take a picture of what I've bought but I figured this was worth it.
    I picked these up on Friday:

I got the GC games for 20 but none of them have manuals.
    Mario Bros Wii was 20 and complete.
    The shirt was 15 and the tag says that it's 1 of 1000.

I got these 3 for free from a store that was closing down:

Got this home today:

Cost was only 25 and it came with 2 glass shelves that I still need to put back in. My fiancee was pretty excited about it and is looking forward to putting some lights inside.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Soul Blader was known as Soul Blazer in the US. Yeah, they changed one letter in the title for the localization.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Well, today was super productive!

Felix & the BuzzCatz (new)
    Columbia Jazz Masterpieces Sampler Volume 5
    Bjork - Selmasongs: Music from the Motion Picture Soundtrack Dancer in the Dark
    Louis Armstrong: The Hot Fives & Hot Sevens Volume III
    Hank Jones, Mads Vindling, Billy Hart - Great Jazz Trio Standard Collection Volume 1
    Los Panchos + V/A - Los Panchos y sus voces
    Maná + Enanitos Verdes - Combinaciones Premiadas

What's this? I bought two albums in SPANISH?! The first two albums were $3 for both, the rest were $1 each. The Felix album is apparently officially sanctioned by the owners of Felix The Cat, and I'm curious to see what that's about. The Louis Armstrong CD has a bit of wear on the booklet but is otherwise fine. Apparently.

2001 Maniacs: Field of Screams promo CD-R soundtrack + Score
    Ani DiFranco: Living in Clip (CD + booklet in slipcover)
    AD&D Masterpiece Collection (first print?)
    $1 each. $5 total. What's funny is that I saw that same Ani DiFranco CD at another booth.

Oh yeah, and this thing.

The Great Civil War (Robert E. Lee: Civil War General, Grant - Lee - Sherman: Civil War 2: Generals, Edward Grabowski's The Blue & The Gray) complete in box - $5. I see this sold for $50... but I'm going to hold onto it for a few weeks and sell it during the Christmas sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Strawberry (Level 2) icarwngs55's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcalder8 View Post

Cost was only 25 and it came with 2 glass shelves that I still need to put back in. My fiancee was pretty excited about it and is looking forward to putting some lights inside.
    Hey,
    I was looking into getting something like this for my collectible/memorabilia crap, but my worry is that they are suppose to be "counter tops" and I want to push it against the wall; meaning I dont have access to the doors to put stuff in and out. Any further thoughts there?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by icarwngs55 View Post
    Hey,
    I was looking into getting something like this for my collectible/memorabilia crap, but my worry is that they are suppose to be "counter tops" and I want to push it against the wall; meaning I dont have access to the doors to put stuff in and out. Any further thoughts there?
    It may look weird, but you can always flip it i around...
    I have a sig?

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Got Red Faction: Guerrilla for the PC for $2 sealed at Goodwill today. Amazing how a game goes from $60 to $2 in little over a year. It's not a bad game either, but before Target gave it to Goodwill, it was $5.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

Hey,
    I've just put my collectibles in it so that I don't need to pull items in or out very often.

Strawberry (Level 2) icarwngs55's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcalder8 View Post
    I've just put my collectibles in it so that I don't need to pull items in or out very often.
    See that is what I was thinking, but my gf said that was stupid and I should have better access. Because If you need to slide it in and out things move, fall, etc.

But I thought I could put stuff how I want it and carefully slide it in and out as need. i woulnd't be accessing it all the time. Was that your thinking then too?

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by understatement View Post

Chinese Lego gun $10
    What's the brand name on that? I want to get one of those, they look cool. Also, forgot to say I found a radio with "Vietnamese Public Radio" written on it, but I have no batteries. It picks up FM and VPR, I think.
    Last edited by Tupin; 11-10-2010 at 10:33 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Well, today was super productive!

Felix & the BuzzCatz (new)
    Columbia Jazz Masterpieces Sampler Volume 5
    Bjork - Selmasongs: Music from the Motion Picture Soundtrack Dancer in the Dark
    Louis Armstrong: The Hot Fives & Hot Sevens Volume III
    Hank Jones, Mads Vindling, Billy Hart - Great Jazz Trio Standard Collection Volume 1
    Los Panchos + V/A - Los Panchos y sus voces
    Maná + Enanitos Verdes - Combinaciones Premiadas

What's this? I bought two albums in SPANISH?! The first two albums were $3 for both, the rest were $1 each. The Felix album is apparently officially sanctioned by the owners of Felix The Cat, and I'm curious to see what that's about. The Louis Armstrong CD has a bit of wear on the booklet but is otherwise fine. Apparently.

2001 Maniacs: Field of Screams promo CD-R soundtrack + Score
    Ani DiFranco: Living in Clip (CD + booklet in slipcover)
    AD&D Masterpiece Collection (first print?)
    $1 each. $5 total. What's funny is that I saw that same Ani DiFranco CD at another booth.

Oh yeah, and this thing.

The Great Civil War (Robert E. Lee: Civil War General, Grant - Lee - Sherman: Civil War 2: Generals, Edward Grabowski's The Blue & The Gray) complete in box - $5. I see this sold for $50... but I'm going to hold onto it for a few weeks and sell it during the Christmas sales.
    Think you're missing a disc there in the AD&D Masterpiece Collection....Ravenloft: Stone Prophet

Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    What's the brand name on that? I want to get one of those, they look cool.

Enlighten (I think) here's the link to it: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.43900
    My Ebay Feedback My DP Feedback
    VVV Work in Progress VVV

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by laserdogg View Post
    Think you're missing a disc there in the AD&D Masterpiece Collection....Ravenloft: Stone Prophet
    No, I don't think so. I think there were two releases, because I had an incomplete Masterpiece Collection, and they were supposed to be 4 discs, with the hints in the 4th disc.

I think this is either an earlier or later release that didn't include Ravenloft. I need to find the CDs to make sure.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey,
    I ended up putting mine in the middle of the room and put a small couch on the back side of it to hide the doors. When I want to get into it, I just move the couch and leave the display where it is (too heavy to move anyway).
    Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

Quote Originally Posted by 98PaceCar View Post
    I ended up putting mine in the middle of the room and put a small couch on the back side of it to hide the doors. When I want to get into it, I just move the couch and leave the display where it is (too heavy to move anyway).
    I knew I'd seen one on here, must have been yours. My place couldn't have it in the middle of the room but backing a couch is a good idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Wow.

Tetris Plus (PS1, GH)
    Nina Simone's Finest Hour
    Phil Collins: Serious Hits... Live!
    Ozzy Osbourne - Scream (brand new)

Right off the bat, a GH copy of Tetris Plus for the PS1 for $2. Score. The other CDs were $1 and found at a booth in the middle of the flea market. They were in a picnic basket. (WTF) That Ozzy CD is from 2010, so I figured, what the hell. :P

I didn't find much of anything until I hit a booth where you can get everything you can fit into a bag for $3. I wasn't going in there until I noticed a familiar face in a table. Lucky Luke?! There were three French Pilote comics there, and one Tintin anthology - all from 1968. Two are regular magazines, the others are a digest books that have duct tape on the spines to hold 'em together. I kept digging and found those two issues of Rip Off Comix (#6, #10) from the 1980's. Bwah?! Oh yeah, I also picked up a complete copy of Age of Empires III: The War Chiefs, which I didn't put in the picture. I'm cartin' that off to Goozex.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Time for another round-up of my finds. These actually range from late October to now. Nothing as exciting as last time but still some good additions:

Kid Klown in Crazy Chase (SNES) - 2.99
    Dragon Warrior I & II (GBC) - 3.99

Duke Nukem 64 (N64) - 2.99

Columns (GG) - 2.99
    Shinobi (GG) - 2.99

Kingdom Hearts (PS2) - 3.99

MediEvil (PS) - 3.99

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - Ring of Fates guide - 0.99

Yo! Noid (NES) - 2.99
    Maniac Mansion (NES) - 2.99 (I don't know why I got this considering I have it already and it's not worth much, but it's too good of a game to leave behind, haha.)

It's getting kind of frustrating that many of the stores I visit seem to have higher prices than in the past. 2.99 has always been my comfort zone, where I'll buy just about any game as long as it's not sports. I had to debate with myself a little on the 3.99 games I bought, but I figured they were worth it. In fact, MediEvil I didn't even pick up the first time, but I saw that it was valuable enough on eBay to be worthwhile. Ironically, somebody nabbed the MediEvil II that was also there, even though that's the cheaper game, but MediEvil was still around for my return trip. Maybe they were turned off by the cracked case, but big whoop about that.

Even though it's not a find from the wild, I also want to show off my recent acquisition of the Collector's Edition of Solatorobo, with all its lovely bits and pieces. For the near 100 bucks it set me back, I deserve to show it off, haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I went on a pretty wide ranging thrift hunt today. At my favorite thrift I found the Intellivision II, the Dreamcast (without a modem or BBA, just a blank piece of plastic) and the Atari six-switch. I grabbed the Intellivision II but I never thought to look for the power supply until a couple of hours later. I was hoping the Dreamcast was a Japanese model, since there wasn't a modem or ethernet port on it. Turns out it's just a regular US model with a blank covering over the expansion port. It also has something smeared on it that looks vaguely like shit. Ewwww. I don't even know why I bought the Atari 2600, I've got a few too many to begin with. They had three of them, and this one was in the best shape. The Intelly was $3.93, and the DC and Atari were $4.94 each.

The weird looking toy marked Pong Extreme is an LED based device. Kind of like the ones companies like Tomy put out in the late '70s. I just thought it was so cool that someone was still making LED based Pong games, I shelled out the whopping $1.49 for it. At the Console Game Exchange in Frisco, I bought Heart of the Alien for $19.95 and Undeadline for the Mega Drive (Japanese import) for $6.95.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Turns out it's just a regular US model with a blank covering over the expansion port. It also has something smeared on it that looks vaguely like shit. Ewwww.
    Kiosk model. Open it up, it should have additional cooling heat sinks on the CPU and GPU.

Last edited by InsaneDavid; 11-12-2010 at 01:36 AM.