Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Kinect

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post

I'm not saying the Wii is perfect, but compared to the Kinect, the Wii suddenly becomes super "hardcore" with amazing controls and games.
    I think the Move has better potential than the Wii. Not to be a graphics snob, but I do like the HD graphics a helluva lot better. Also, the move controller seems to be more accurate than the Wii-mote with motion plus. Not dramatically more accurate, but still... a bit more accurate and defined. The wireless nunchuk on the PS3 is crucial as well.

Going back to Kinect though, I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater in regards to Kinect. Not having a nunchuk with a thumbstick or any buttons is definitely a huge liability, but there are certain games that the Kinect could be amazing at. If you look at Your Shape Fitness Evolved, how they basically put you on the screen in a 3D world, that could be done for various action games where you could move around and punch, kick, jump, run in place, climb ladders, jump up on ledges, etc, etc.

Maybe you could kinda control movement in the world by the direction your feet are facing. (not sure if Kinect could detect that accurately enough though). You would need to do some specific hand movement to tell your character to turn 180 degrees if you want to head in the opposite direction. Somebody is going to eventually learn how to make a killer Kinect game, that will kinda be similar to Mirror's Edge in a way, except controlled with Kinect.

Still, I wish Microsoft would release a little wand type controller that you can hold in one hand, and it has a thumbstick to control movement, a couple of buttons with a trigger on it, and it also has rumble/force feedback. It would make things much, much easier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
    Yipes! I guess it shows how isolated from popular culture I am when this thing is selling like hotcakes and I don't know anyone who has one or is even interested in one.
    I also know very few people who have one, besides myself. But obviously people are buying them. I'm about to pick up a Kinect lot on craigs list so I can sell the unit and keep the games for free.

I'm still waiting for E3 so that Microsoft can announce some new games for Kinect beyond all these party-style mini game collections and dance/fitness games.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.