Thread: My Gaming Purchase and My Accident Yesterday

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default My Gaming Purchase and My Accident Yesterday

I tried posting about this a few minutes ago but when I hit the submit button, I got a database error and lost the whole message. Let's try it again...

I ordered my first system yesterday since getting a PS2. This time I decided to get the PS3. I was told by someone on another site (not a gaming site) that the PS3 is a very good blu-ray player and I've been thinking lately about getting one. I have no PS3 or blu-ray titles yet and probably won't get any until after Christmas...that way my family might get me something and there won't be any chance they'll get me something I already have. Among the blu-rays I'll get myself (if no one else does) are The Dark Knight, The Searchers and maybe a few Pixar animated films and for the games I'll get Batman: Arkham Asylum and Red Dead Redemption.

As far as my accident, I fell in the bathtub while showering and hit my head...either on the tub itself or on the soap holder built into the wall. I'm not really sure. I got up, looked...and I was bleeding pretty good. I cleaned myself up and drove to the ER of my local hospital which is a bit over a mile away. They gave me a tetanus shot and put 5 staples in my head. Surprisingly, I didn't really suffer any pain apart from the initial impact. I go back next Wednesday to have the staples removed. But overall, I'm fine so don't worry too much about me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

Ouch! Glad your ok. Falling in the tub is a bitch and a half. Has happened to me a few times but im lucky they werent that severe. Lucky you don't have a concussion or something like that.
    DERP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sorry to hear about your accident.. but at least you have that shiny new PS3 to look forward to. Ok, so the PS3 slim isn't 'shiny' but you know what I mean..

The Dark Knight is a great lookin Blu-Ray, just so you know. One of the few where I don't have any complaints about the blacks or dimly lit scenes having noticeable artifacts.. I don't have anything to compare the PS3 to in terms of being a quality BR player, but it looks good to me. It's the discs themselves that seem to be hit or miss in terms of quality.

Dang, a head injury and you drove yourself to the ER.. I woulda been like, "Oh my gawd! Oh my gawwwd!!!" *faints*

That's just me though.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Sucks about what happened in the shower. Glad you're alright.

As for the PS3 it's a great bluray player and upscales standard DVDs really well so any DVDs you have really depends if you want that slightly better quality by upgrading to bluray.

As for the games, Batman Arkham Asylum is by far the best Batman game I've ever played and my favorite comic book hero game. I've seen you've been picking up a lot of Batman items on a regular basis so I'd assume you're a Batman fan. Arkham City will come out sometime next year so if you enjoy Arkham Asylum you have something to really look forward to because, according to the developers, it is going to be much better.

Red Dead Redemption is a great game and one of the best next gen titles, but I really didn't enjoy it as much as I did Grand Theft Auto 4. I usually hate GTA games and GTA4 was the first I've thought was a really amazing game. I'd recommend picking up GTA4 Complete which comes with GTA4, Lost and the Damned, and The Ballad of Gay Tony on one bluray.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 11-25-2010 at 05:58 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Don't do that again! Call 911 and have them come get you. With a possible concussion, driving yourself should not be an option. Hope you feel better.

And the PS3 is a great BR player. Batman AA is fantastic.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

After you woke up from hitting your head you didn't happen to draw something like this, did you?

Hope you're feeling/doing better, and if you ever do manage to get that time machine going travel back to 2006 and convince Sony not to ever take the PS2 backwards compatibility out of the PS3.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    After you woke up from hitting your head you didn't happen to draw something like this, did you?

Hope you're feeling/doing better, and if you ever do manage to get that time machine going travel back to 2006 and convince Sony not to ever take the PS2 backwards compatibility out of the PS3.
    Marty! Did you take my plans! This calls for a trip...BACK...to the future!

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've found that one of the best Bluray movies for showing your friends what Bluray can look like is I Am Legend. (Will Smith) It's extra sharp compared to many of the others. Take care in that tub. Us older guys have a tendency not to bounce any more.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Hey man, look after yourself. They don't make spare parts for you anymore!

The PS3 is a pretty good deal. It has perfect backwards compatibility with PS1 games, to boot, and you can buy PS1 games online and play them on the system. You got a good deal either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Hey man, look after yourself. They don't make spare parts for you anymore!
    Correction: they don't make spare parts for you yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the well-wishes and suggestions, guys.

By the way, since I like westerns what do you guys think of that Juarez game. I forget the official title...Call of Juarez or something like that? I saw it for $20 at my local Wal-Mart.

Strawberry (Level 2) misfits859's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Call of Juarez is okay IF you haven't played Red Dead. Once you've played RDR, Call of Juarez will leave you feeling a little hollow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Okay then. I probably won't bother with Call of Juarez, then...but if someone gives it to me for Christmas, I won't turn it down!