Thread: Spelunker HD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Default Spelunker HD

Been following this one for about a year and it was finally released via PSN on Thursday. I know that the original Spelunker is love it or hate it, but damn if this game isn't addicting as hell. I don't remember much of of the original one, but it seems much for forgiving, at least in HD mode that is. The online co-op mode is pretty damn fun as well, played it for a couple of hours with someone the other night and it was a blast coming up with different strategies to get past levels that were kick our asses.

The only thing that sucks is the community for it seems pretty small at the moment and the only sure way to get a game going is if you open up a room and hope someone pops in. So if anyone on here wants to get a game going sometime, hit me up on the PSN and we can help the it's community grow.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

This finally got a us release? Awesome! Sometime this week I'm gonna download it, and I'll try and contact you on psn. Co op Spelunker is something I've dreamed about since I was a little kid.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

I downloaded the game last night and WOW. Why are people not freaking out about this? I think what people don't realize is that if you play the game in "classic" mode you essentially get a new NES Spelunker game, complete with new sprites, traps, and NES sound effects. Think Mega Man 9.

The level design is insane. it's all based on the Spelunker engine, but you now have levels with multiple elevators, boats, carts that are broken and rush you down the track, and lots of other stuff.

The multiplier is also awesome.

In short, this game is a lovingly crafted gift to Spelunker fans, and it's not to be missed!

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

IREM have set up a Spelunker HD space in Home.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...bie-pets-more/

The game supports multiplayer game launching so that may be a good and/or fun place to hang out and find other players to jump into an online game with.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
    I downloaded the game last night and WOW. Why are people not freaking out about this? I think what people don't realize is that if you play the game in "classic" mode you essentially get a new NES Spelunker game, complete with new sprites, traps, and NES sound effects. Think Mega Man 9.
    Yeah I'm surprised that nobody on here seems to care about the game, since it's probably the best PSN game to be released in quite some time. The one saving grace for the game is the ability to save at any point, which really helps if you have you're on your last life and are nearing the end of a tough level. Thing about that is it kills the fun (at least for me), so I try not to save until every 2 levels.

The game has some nasty tricks up it's sleeves too, I started a level with 7 lives, only to be knocked down to 2 because the god damn birds kept on attacking me every time I re-spawned. Plus jumping to moving platforms can be a pain, literally died on my feet because a jump was a pixel too high.

With 100 levels, I'll be spending quite some time playing this bad boy, since I beat maybe 2-4 levels a night.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There' s a lot of talk about this here and there....I'm gonna have to check out the demo this weekend. Will probably end up getting it.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."