Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: December 2010 finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Very interesting piece Steve W. Never seen or heard of the Electronic Detective before.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Found a 30001 fat PS2 with two third-party controllers this morning at Goodwill for 9.99. Needs the dust blown out of it, and the tray doesn't move very smoothly, but so far it has played a DVD movie, a silver game, and a purple game. I'd say that covers it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atarileaf View Post
    Very interesting piece Steve W. Never seen or heard of the Electronic Detective before.
    I've come across these things a few times in the past, but always passed on them. But my love of collecting '70s and '80s electronic handhelds and toys made me finally break down and grab one. It helps that it was only a dollar. And it was sponsored by Don Adams from Get Smart!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Been a long time since I had a good haul. Just found all of this stuff this week at Salvation Army and Valuland. Everything was $1.99 except Baldur's Gate and the anime dvd ($2.99) which I know nothing about but looked cool.

Also got Contra Force and Pokemon Red but they are already sold on Ebay.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Well, I got my only Black Friday purchase in the mail today!

... What? It was like $5 shipped. Don't judge me!

Also, it's time to piss you people off. Guess what I found at the flea market today? A Twin Famicom. It was pretty dirty, slightly rusted, and I think it had a few spiders inside too. I doubt the floppy drive even worked. It didn't have the power cord but the pads were still well, there. I was going to buy it until the guy gave me the price - $15 - at which point I put it back on the table and walked away. And then the guy gets angry at me for not liking his price...

I told him "IT'S BEAT UP, DIRTY AS HELL AND RUSTY, I'm not paying $15 for something that may not even work!" And my entire budget for the day was $15. So yeah. I'm not planning on going back there tomorrow, he'll probably try to sell it to me for $40 or something instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

The guy probably had no idea what a Twin Famicom was, he was just trying to flog something off on you. I've seen that many, many times at flea markets. Just trying to get the most for some junk they either bought in a thrift store to resell or stole from someone's unlocked backyard shed, then they offer a stupidly high price for it when it's obvious it won't work and isn't worth it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Bah, I would have bought the Twin Famicom, stuff like that is fun to restore. Besides, almost EVERY Famicom Disk System is going to need at least some work done to it at this point. If people passed up worn down video games and never attempted to restore them, there would be absolutely no surviving classic arcade games these days. That said I love both my Twin Famicom AN-505 BK and my Galaxian cocktail table (serial number 367). If it had the power cord you'd have no excuse but without it, okay, I see passing that one up... maybe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    Bah, I would have bought the Twin Famicom, stuff like that is fun to restore. Besides, almost EVERY Famicom Disk System is going to need at least some work done to it at this point. If people passed up worn down video games and never attempted to restore them, there would be absolutely no surviving classic arcade games these days. That said I love both my Twin Famicom AN-505 BK and my Galaxian cocktail table (serial number 367). If it had the power cord you'd have no excuse but without it, okay, I see passing that one up... maybe.
    I currently have $15 to my name and $18 in the bank. I owe the local government $80 in back fees from their stupid "street repaving initiative" that I DIDN'T EVEN WANT. I can't afford to buy this stuff, sales have been way down lately. Sometimes I have to let things go. :P
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I currently have $15 to my name and $18 in the bank. I can't afford to buy this stuff, sales have been way down lately. Sometimes I have to let things go. :P
    Out of curiosity what color was it? Also do you recall if it had the turbo switches on the controllers?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I -think- it was red. I think it had turbo switches, yeah.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa View Post
    Been a long time since I had a good haul. Just found all of this stuff this week at Salvation Army and Valuland. Everything was $1.99 except Baldur's Gate and the anime dvd ($2.99) which I know nothing about but looked cool.

Damn dude, a good haul is right. Jin-Roh is a pretty good cartoon, it's a continuation of a series of movies (and comics) from a few years back; Kerberos (Hellhounds) - Panzer Cops.
    Whaddya mean invalid parameters?!

9,000 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa View Post

Is Suikoden still sealed? Nice finds!

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Flea Market..

N64 System $5.00(I have a lot of stuff-games to sell with a system just didn't have a system to sell)

SNES Super Mario World $10.00 via friend vendor who sells them for $15.00..He was next to another vendor who had SNES Super Mario World & Snes Super Mario Kart...he wanted $10.00 each and $5.00 for each sports title..He would not even go lower to him-a friend other vendor..I passed..
    I don't usually try to pay that much for SNES Super Mario World but need one to sell with a a SNES

Helmet $2.00

$15.00 Each(wifes team)

Passed a NES plug,SNES plug and SNES AV for $5.00 each..

I met a Video Game collector-who didn't know about the DP store so I gave him a card..(need more cards)

Dad picked up this 1934 old pinball machine $75.00(came with handmade balls,the glass/bottom and other parts..It needs a lot of work but will be a fun project.(or put on wall)

Mickey Mouse Cass Player $2.00

New Suede black jacket $10.00

Got a Van..

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Guy had 5-6 of these but only wanted to sell them all in a lot..

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

found a place that has some classic games for sale today in vermont

gorilla games its called they have about a dozen locations sprawled across the country.
    Don't know if anyones been to one.
    They work sorta on a pyramid scheme like setup....... sorta..
    What you do is you setup a store in their name although you technically own the store. You buy games from the company and keep the profit from it. Or atleast thats what their site says.... Sounds kinda sketchy to me.

But anyways wanted to see what it offered differently then Gamestop
    They had a bin full of classic games like a dozen NES games, about 40 or 50 N64 games, 100 or so PS1 games, 30 SNES games, and 20 i would say Genesis games.

Was flipping through and out of all those i found litterally one game that might have been a ok buy (Tazmania for Genesis) at $3.99. Everything else. Forget it.
    They had a copy of SNES Super Mario Bros World. Crappy condition with label half ripped off going for 20 dollars. Yea as soon i saw that i just quickly continued flipping very quickly and walked right out of the store saying to myself that they are friggin morons and crazy.

I am stopping at the only good will store in vermont tomorrow hopefully i'll find something there!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pseudonym View Post
    Is Suikoden still sealed? Nice finds!
    Naw, I wish. The original owner didn't peel it completely off when he opened it. It almost gave me a heart attack when I first saw it though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Back from conference in Vegas

I manage to win an ipad 64gig model

Also two games came in mail - Gran Turismo 5 Signature Edition & Dissidia Limited Edition

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I went on a long flea market trip today, didn't get anything except dirt grains in my right eye. I ended up driving to Tyler, TX and hitting a GameXchange. Bought loose copies of Space Harrier, BC Racers, and After Burner for the Sega 32X, plus Shockwave 2 for the 3DO, jewelcase and instruction manual only. A little over $18 after taxes altogether.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    Nascar Racing 2003 Season for the PC complete in box with a slightly crushed box.

It's going on ebay with my Tron DVD (have you guys check how much people are paying for theses ?)
    Sold my 2-disc copy for $85 shipped. I'm going to put more oop discs on Ebay in the coming weeks before Christmas, hopefully I'll get a good return on them as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

Insanity, I just checked the going rate for dvd and vhs. I am always behind on these trendy items. Remember the Michael Jackson craze. I need to try and plan for the next big thing starting now. I dont know, maybe the death of cher? elton john?
    Autobots. Roll out.