Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: December 2010 finds

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Hm, I have Tron on CED. Think I could get anything at all from it?

Banana (Level 7) SamuraiSmurfette's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So this week I've been on a hardcore mission to find things for my difficult Secret Sacnta
    (difficult, as in they collect the complete opposite things than I)
    While I have been having limited success with that, I have been finding many many things I can't afford to buy for myself...but at these prices, they're still hard to pass up!

Xbox+xbox games+xbox 360 games $100 from a fellow forum boardie
    Gamewave system + 6 controllers $10 impulse buy from thrift
    Rogers clearance games: Wii Music $11.25, Tak $3.75, Legendary $10
    HMV Clearance Games: El Tigre $2, Total Overdose $2, Prey the Stars $5, Heavenly Guardian $5
    Staples Clearance Games: Brutal Legend, Little Big Planet, Soul Calibur, Resistance 2 were all $10, rest of the PSP games, resistance 2, lego rock band and bionic commando were $4. I also got a super smash bros for $10, but I sold it already.
    EB Games game of the day: Wolverine $5
    Microplay: Dynasty Warriors $5
    other thrift things: Zelda Guide $3, F-Zero $2, DiddyKong Racing $2, Genny 6-button pads $3, Space Hulk $2

*phew!*

My new video card I won through work! HUZZAH! It are awesomeness. (also won a printer, but whatever...lol)

Also, nerf has these adult-sized foam swords now. Go buy them. This one was only $9.99 -an early xmas gift for my man There's also a double-bladed axe, a mace, and a dagger/sheild set. Super nerdily awesome. My cat approves!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Also, nerf has these adult-sized foam swords now. Go buy them. This one was only $9.99 -an early xmas gift for my man There's also a double-bladed axe, a mace, and a dagger/sheild set. Super nerdily awesome. My cat approves![/QUOTE]

!_! I'm sold.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSmurfette View Post

Also, nerf has these adult-sized foam swords now. Go buy them. This one was only $9.99 -an early xmas gift for my man There's also a double-bladed axe, a mace, and a dagger/sheild set. Super nerdily awesome. My cat approves!
    That is one bloodthirsty kitty.

*steals your video card
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked up Super Mario Sunshine for $5 off a Craigslist ad. They had more games they were selling, but that was the only one I was really interested in. Plus I didn't want to spend more money.

At a Blockbuster I stopped at after an interview I passed on used copies of God of War III for $19.99 and Bioshock 2 for $14.99. Both because I couldn't justify spending that much on games when I have so much to play still. Everyone who can justify spending that much may want to check out their local blockbuster.
    I have a sig?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Went to a junky thrift the other day that usually has high prices, but I walked out with Aero Fighters for $15. I'm cool with that.
    Link to a fuzzy pic. http://www.flickr.com/photos/26951750@N00/?saved=1

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Flea market, a chilly not-too promising morning was actually eventful:

Solidworks Personal Edition was $1 at a random booth, it's been opened.... I'm going to see if it's actually been activated/registered/used/whatever and if so it's going to the trash, meh $1 lost if so.

The 360 game and i-Ninja were $2 a pop at another random booth, Spider Man 3 is actually inside the Transformers case.

The "Overpriced video game resale guy I really hate" had the 3 NES games, you can see his annoying neon $5.00 stickers on them. I offered him $10 for all 3 and he accepted. I don't have these games in my NES library yet (Gilligan's Island, Rad Gravity, and Cliffhanger). I know that Cliffhanger and Gilligan's Island are really terrible (although Rad Gravity is pretty good, in my opinion) but I wanted them for my collection and anything to keep them from a sun-faded fate. I finished putting my entire NES collection into RFgeneration the other night, and I'm proud to say that after adding these games, I now have 306 unique NES titles.

A really sweet lady that sells toys, from whom I've gotten some neat stuff in the past had some video games. The Gameboy games were $2 a pop from her. I have all 3 already but with Christmas so close I can see these games being easy sellers on eBay right now. I was stunned to see FFVII hidden in the back of her booth. I handed it to her and asked how much. She said since it was 3 discs she'd need to have $10 for it and I couldn't see any reason why I shouldn't give that much. Disc 1 & 2 are in nice minty shape while #3 has a few light scratches... odd. Anyways the manual is in there and the case is a bit cracked but I don't see why I can't make a little money off of it.
    Last edited by Ryaan1234; 12-05-2010 at 02:12 PM.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Found a few things the other day, must have been dollar day at the thrifts as everything except the horse race analyzer and the tandy lcd game where a buck, the other two that were $2 each.

charles
    [url]WWW.EVG2000.com[/url]

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    Insanity, I just checked the going rate for dvd and vhs. I am always behind on these trendy items. Remember the Michael Jackson craze. I need to try and plan for the next big thing starting now. I dont know, maybe the death of cher? elton john?
    I have a stack of great condition Elton John LP's in the closet for that very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSmurfette View Post

My new video card I won through work! HUZZAH! It are awesomeness. (also won a printer, but whatever...lol)
    Absolutely beautiful.

Hmm, I got some stuff over the past few weeks. Need to take a few pictures and post I guess. Christmas time has been busy time unfortunately.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

well ya'll finally made me catch the video game picking bug

went to my very first goodwill stores (didn't realize there was 2 of them in the burlington area just remember only one just recently going up and when i looked them up i saw there was another one just 7 miles away )

and i didn't expect to get anything being lame vermont and all. but i actually found a few things to get the ball rolling on this new hobby.

The Vegas Stakes SNES game was loose and very random don't know much about it but it was mint despite being loose and was only 99 cents and anything under a buck is a good deal unless its sticky or smells funky lol

Dave Mirra's BMX for the PS1 has some light scratches on it but nothing bad and was $1.99. I use to play this game on my cousins ps1 back in the day all the time good game!

and just for myself i found a pretty good copy of Tomb Raider 2 for the PC for $2.99

things i found that i could have spent money on but didn't not knowing what they were worth... I found complete boxed PC copies of the game "Riven" the sequel to myst. in like new state. They were 6 bucks... but i don't know if that would be a good deal or not.

So yea nothing special but good to get the ball rolling on this i hope to be a great adventure!

Famicom Pirate Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Cheesetastic 80's flicks!

Mankillers
    Stryker
    Hit List (with Jan Micheal Vincent, that guy from Airwolf!)
    Oceans of Fire
    Gamepro Tips & Strategies Vol. 1
    Cross Mission (with a Michael Dudikoff endorsement!)
    The Grey Fox (I think this is worth money on eBay... or used to be worth money.)
    The Destructors (Bizarre? The cover is bad enough thank you!)
    No Dead Heroes (Nazi scientists in the jungle brainwash a US hero into killing his family, the pope, and the president!)
    Coldfire (had to pad out the bag)

All of this was $3. There was one huge bucket with VHS tapes, but the guy didn't empty it. Maybe he will tomorrow!

And in case you're wondering why I'm not posting anything from Wednesday... well, in short, the line to cross to the US on foot was about 3 hours long at 4:30 AM. I said "Fuck this" and went back home.

Nice Score. No Dead Heroes is absolutely insane Z Grade schlock!!! and Stryker is a "classic" Italian rambo/mad max rip-off...both of those tapes are pretty damn rare too, usually go for 20 bucks or more...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evg2000 View Post
    Found a few things the other day, must have been dollar day at the thrifts as everything except the horse race analyzer and the tandy lcd game where a buck, the other two that were $2 each.

charles
    Damn. I'd punch a polar bear in the face to find one of those Tomy 3D handhelds. I've always wanted to try one of those out. Nice handheld finds! Since I don't find much videogame-wise that I need, I tend to look for electronic toys when I shop now. It's so cool to come across those types of things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Parodius Duh! View Post
    Nice Score. No Dead Heroes is absolutely insane Z Grade schlock!!! and Stryker is a "classic" Italian rambo/mad max rip-off...both of those tapes are pretty damn rare too, usually go for 20 bucks or more...
    Really? I bought them because they looked stupidly awesome... if I can flip them, then that's awesome!

Today's finds:

The guy that sold me the Office sets last week still had this thing around. He still wanted the same outrageous price but eventually lowered it down to $15.

The movie... thing on the right? POV: Point Of View. Well, it's apparently a sort of adventure game, but on DVD Video format. It was developed ... uh... produced by what remained of Trilobyte (the creators of The 7th Guest / The 11 Hour). I also own the other game mentioned in the cover, "Tender Loving Care", on DVD-game format, but a PC version exists. Anyway, the booth owner was selling movies for $3 or two for $5. I picked up that and Night of The Living Dead 25th Anniversary, but... the disc was cracked down the middle.

Oh yeah, on the digital distribution side, I bought The Journeyman Project 2: Buried In Time ($3) and got Outcast for free from a friend at GOG.com.
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 12-06-2010 at 03:26 PM.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stuff from the pass two weeks:

Smallville season 9 $1.24
    Xbox wireless headset $3.74
    Tetris Evolution(360) $9.99
    God of War Collection(PS3) $9.99
    Infamous(PS3) $9.99
    Killzone 2(PS3) $9.99

Those were my black friday finds that I never got around to posting pics of before.

UFC Undisputed 2009(360) $14.99
    1600 Microsoft Points Card $18

Just another clearance game and a discounted points card.

Halo Reach Legendary edition FREE

My love affair with Halo Reach continues as this is the third copy I have had. I suppose I should go into the background story. So I got my regular edition of Halo Reach at launch and ended up paying $20(instead of $60) for it because of gift certificates I had to Best Buy(I also got $20 in gift certificates just for buying it but I'm not even going to count that for this story). And then last month I saw a clearance copy of the legendary edition for $105. I bought it and then promptly sold the flamming helment/elite armor code for $100 buy it now and the recon helment code for $5. My Halo Reach legendary edition just became free.

So at that point I had the legendary edition(minus the dlc codes) and the regular edition of Halo Reach for the grand total of $20. I then sold the legendary edition(minus the dlc codes) for $90 buy it now and my regular copy for $40 buy it now. With that $130 I bought the above copy of Halo Reach brand new for $80. So it was free with $50 left over, which I suppose would cover the tax of all three, although that would only be around $13 or so.

I could easily piece this legendary edition apart and make even more money but some where along the way I remembered that I still need a copy for myself. So I'm going to keep this one and the dlc codes, except for the recon helment code(since I already used the one from the regular edition I had). I'm going to sell that for $5. And I think I'm now done buying Halo Reach...until they come out with a GOTY edition.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got an N64 game on Sunday:

Asteroids Hyper 64 (cart only) - $2.50

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I got CSI: New York (PC) from Goozex.

That's it. Today sucked.

Pretzel (Level 4) Goodwill Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Blockbuster is having a buy one get one free sale on all games $14.99 and under. Hit a few of the surviving stores in my area and came home with the following:

All are complete and in great shape, and once I take off the stickers, will be like new. With the BOGO sale, all games were effectively either $7.50 or $5.00 each...I'll have plenty to keep me busy over the Christmas holiday!

Rich
    Tomorrow's Past is Yesterday's Future Today!

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lot sale today, and I got a few things. Firstly, I found a disc-only copy of Casper (PS1), I had what I *thought* was a complete copy and about a week ago I took it out to play it (this game in particular is a bit nostalgic for me) and I discovered the copy I had which I thought was complete was just the case/insert/manual so now I have the disc to go with it. Also, Parasite Eve disc 1, I think I made it out with the game but right now I don't remember seeing it in the bag, if I did in fact end up with it and it didn't fall out of my basket it's FS/FT if somebody needs a replacement disc. Those were $0.50 a piece.

I found a cute lil' Optimus STA-20 AM/FM stereo receiver. This is best described as a "mini" stereo receiver because if it's small stature. I couldn't leave it because it's in really great, albeit a little dusty, shape. I'm going to be asking like $25 or $30 for it on eBay. A lot of people bash Radio Shack brands but the Optimus STA-### receiver series is actually of pretty decent quality. This was $3 and I did test it and it powers up (I need to hook up speakers to finish testing it though)

Last thing was at the veeeeery bottom of a box, I pulled out a Cobra XRS-9775 laser/radar detector. The device is in really good shape, I tested it and it works and everything. I've already put it on eBay.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On Sunday, I sold a few unwanted items from my anime collection, including my loose volumes of Sailor Moon S. Yesterday, I found a few items to blow the money on:

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing 5 inch Shadow Figure w/ Bike for $17.99 - I bought this because I wanted Shadow's bike, not the figure.

Breath of Fire III for $34.99 (Used, CIB) - I was quite surprised to find this at my local EB Games. I had no idea they carried European PSP games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Well.

I got up at 4 AM, arrived at the border at 4:50, and crossed over to the US two hours later.

It was still worth it.

$2 + $1.

$1 each.

$5 (one for $2 or three for $5) and $1 each (at two different booths.)

$3 + $1. I just wanted an excuse to scream KAAALIMANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

Oh yeah, this.

$5. Both Star Control 3 (Mac) and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis are BRAND NEW. The last time I got a sealed Indy game I sold it for over $100.