Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Default Seller refuses to sell items after winning auctions

So yesterday night I won a nice Coleco lot on Ebay from seller retrogamingdepot:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I was really happy until I see this morning a "Cancellation Request" by the seller. Reason? Because he sold the item to someone else, as stated in the cancellation form.

Now, I refused his cancellation request because he has no right to cancel and sell to someone else, surely because the bid amount was lower than he/she expected. I sent payment anyway and I informed the seller about his actions, as he is required by Ebay to complete the transaction. I had to send payment, else he will have a weapon against me, a "Non-paying buyer" strike that he can give me. So now he has nothing against me.

My question is, has this happened to others on these boards? What did you do and how did it turn out?
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

The only time this has happened to me was many years ago when the seller pulled the auctions before they completed. Never happened after. You made the right move.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I've had sellers back out before. Typically, they will either lie and claim they mailed the item, but never provide any proof (and of course it never shows up) or simply not send and let me win an item not received claim and get a refund. Ultimately, Ebay does little against sellers other than make a note in their file unless they are doing it constantly in which case their account gets suspended.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

He thought it would sell for more...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Just received the following from the seller, after confronting him about his lack of performance:

Hi. The main problem that I have with this transaction is that I only ship to the lower 48 states. I was asked to put Canada as an option and I did very reluctantly. I do not ship to APO/FPO, Hawaii, Alaska, or Puerto Rico. Almost every item that I have shipped there has been an issue. Even this transaction is wrong as Ebay's shipping calculator never gives anywhere near the correct shipping amount.

There is no way that I can complete this transaction as from past experience I have only had problems shipping outside the 48 states.
    So he basically lied. First, it was that he sold it to another seller. Now it's because of the "PR" shit again. Really?

I sent him a very polite message stating what I always state: PR is not international, same shipping rates as US, blah blah. I even told him that I paid for Expedited so everything can be sent inside a nice large, flat rate box...and that I was even willing to send an extra amount for USPS Insurance and Signature Confirmation...anything to put him at ease...even though I paid $20 for shipping and $14 of that will be for the Flat Rate Box. So that leaves him with $6 for said services and I am STILL offering an additional amount for the services I mentioned above.

I even told him that I can help him if he pretty much helps me. I'm giving him any and every chance possible to complete the transaction.

Though I laugh because he says he always has issues with PR...yet as in the message he sent above, it's HIM who has an issue. His paranoia (if I were to believe him) is causing his own downfall.

I'm willing to work the extra mile to see that I am a good customer and willing to help out no matter what. But something tells me that this will be all for naught...and the moment I leave negative feedback, he will start complaining once more, yet it's HIS problem...his fault.

Incredible...simply incredible. I apologize in advance, but I can't believe how people can be when it comes to this issue. Really...REALLY...
    Last edited by megasdkirby; 12-16-2010 at 08:07 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Look, you are completely in the right here. Unfortunately, at the end of the day, Ebay will do nothing to this seller and so you can leave him the negative and get a refund, but if he doesn't want to sell or ship to you for whatever reason, nobody is going to force him to do so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Look, you are completely in the right here. Unfortunately, at the end of the day, Ebay will do nothing to this seller and so you can leave him the negative and get a refund, but if he doesn't want to sell or ship to you for whatever reason, nobody is going to force him to do so.
    I know...

Yet I am 100% certain that once a neg is filed, I will receive a plethora of messages from him either:

1)Requesting feedback change
    2)Insulting me
    3)Threatening me
    4)Other (for the "who knows" of comments)

It would be great if he does go through. I hope for the best.

Oh yes, he is willing to ship to Europe but he doesn't want to ship to PR? Found that in the link provided :

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic...es-my-auction/

Makes no sense, unless someone offered more for the items, like MarioMania stated.
    Last edited by megasdkirby; 12-13-2010 at 07:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    Really, can people really be that retarded?
    Come on, it's ebay. We all know the answer is YES.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Unfortunately, at the end of the day, Ebay will do nothing to this seller and so you can leave him the negative and get a refund, but if he doesn't want to sell or ship to you for whatever reason, nobody is going to force him to do so.
    While true, you can still report him for non-performance. This actually happened to me a month ago. I bought two M:TG card auctions from a seller who clearly didn't know how to sell. I was more than happy to win hundreds of dollars of cards for like $6+shipping.

However, he dilly-dallied with shipping and eventually stopped responding to emails. I filed a dispute with ebay (not Paypal), got my money back, and the seller was suspended soon after (oddly enough, they also pulled the auctions in question for some reason). So while you obviously can't force the seller to mail the items, at least you have SOME recourse. Ebay likely won't suspend your seller, since he's been around for a while, but it'll be a nice strike on his account.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

*atariage link*
    ... You know, you could probably get the people there to convince him that sending stuff to PR is safe.

Probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Kitsune...you know....that's...not a bad idea. Since it's obvious he is ignoring my messages, I will try this recourse to see what happens.

I will post a really nice message at Atari Ahe (nice as in nice, no insults or anything....very polite) to see what others say. I will even give links as to shipping quotes and all. It's my last resort.

I doubt it will work, though.

Ryborg, how do I file a dispute on Ebay and not Paypal? I've read about this, but don't know exactly how. If Ebay does not help, will I be able to file a Paypal claim for INR (item not received)?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ryborg, how do I file a dispute on Ebay and not Paypal?
    They are CONSTANTLY changing how this works. Right now, there's no direct link I can give you. Just do a help search for "non performing seller" and you'll be able to follow the links from there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I honestly don't see what the big deal is about shipping to PR, Samoa, Marshall Islands, Guahan, etc... as it is still domestic shipping to US commonwealths/territores. I guess people forgot what they learned in middle school geography and US History.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    her partially exposed butthole offends my christian sensibilities yet makes me want to play jet force gemini

<skaar> Let's triforce our dicks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Carey85 View Post
    I honestly don't see what the big deal is about shipping to PR, Samoa, Marshall Islands, Guahan, etc... as it is still domestic shipping to US commonwealths/territores. I guess people forgot what they learned in middle school geography and US History.
    Well it's obvious. PR doesn't speak English. THAT MAKES THEM FOREIGNERS. IT'S A FACT.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know. I have NEVER had a problem shipping to PR, Samoa, etc. That said, it is still kinda weird how PR has their own Olympic teams and such.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    I know. I have NEVER had a problem shipping to PR, Samoa, etc. That said, it is still kinda weird how PR has their own Olympic teams and such.
    Well, aren't they a protectorate or something like that? (I admit I'm ignorant about the subject, since I never took US history.) I mean, they're as close to a state as you can get without being a state.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Well, aren't they a protectorate or something like that? (I admit I'm ignorant about the subject, since I never took US history.) I mean, they're as close to a state as you can get without being a state.
    Yeah pretty much. From Wikipedia, which is never wrong:

The United States Congress legislates over many fundamental aspects of Puerto Rican life, including citizenship, currency, postal service, foreign affairs, military defense, communications, labor relations, the environment, commerce, finance, health and welfare, and many others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Well, the seller (and Atari Age member) does not respond, neither through Ebay or AtariAge. Yes, there is a chance he has yet to see the topic, but I kinda doubt it, since the title practically screams out his ID/name.

What should I do from here? I thought about sending him another PM through Ebay, and state something like "Hi. Just wondering about what will happen with the transaction. Hope you can help out a fellow AtariAge member..." as an inuendo about the topic. Part of me desires not to send anything at all, and wait until the 19th, which is the day Ebay says I can file a claim. What is the best COA?

Ryborg, it seems that I can no longer file a "Non performing seller" report, but I did read somewhere that filling an INR is pretty much the same thing now. Don't know if this is true, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this issue has been resolved, both seem happy over at AA. simple misunderstanding. i'm sure megasdkirby will chime in here and explain.
    Been playing Atari since 1978.
    Digital Press reader since 1992.
    My DP feedback:
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130595

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Oy, thanks for reminding me!

Well, the seller contacted me and everything seems to be on the right track!

I'm really happy that the transaction will go through, as the games were really important to me.

I will update everyone once the package arrives with a post in the "December 2010" topic of finds! And a video of me dancing with joy! (come to think of it, probably not, else it might end up in Youtube under the title "Idiot dancing with video games" )

Will let everyone know when the items arrive!

Speaking of which, I forgot to update on the DealExtreme custom's issue as well...might as well do that now!

Edit: Also, I want to add that because of emotions, I want to apologize for any name calling or hard feelings I made have pushed onto the seller. It was really a mis-communication and everything is now perfect and happy. My next main topic post will be about when the items are received and everything turns out with a happy ending.
    Last edited by megasdkirby; 12-16-2010 at 05:27 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks like you don't need this info now, but to file a claim on Ebay, you go to your "won" item list and just click the item from the drop-down menu next to the auction that you had a problem with.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com