Thread: 2 CIB C64 5.25" Floppy Disk Games

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 2 CIB C64 5.25" Floppy Disk Games

Hey guys, I have a copy of the game Wasteland, for Commodore 64 & 128. This is the 5.25" version and comes complete with the sleeve, 2 disks, and all the papers. I have not tested the game but if I do, and it works what sort of price can I expect to get for it on eBay? (I see that the PC version brings $100) Is it worth (monetarily speaking) tracking down a drive to try it out? I have the Ultimate RPG archives, which already has this game so I don't really have a need for the C64 version.

I've also got a CIB copy of Flight Simulator II for the C64. I don't expect this game to be worth much but it's got Scenery Pack 1 with it, which is an expansion that allows you to fly around a few cities in Texas. I can't find any reference online to the scenery pack so I was wondering if it was rare at all. Both the game and pack are CIB.

Thanks in advance, I can't really find much info on either of these games regarding value.
    Last edited by Ryaan1234; 12-16-2010 at 11:30 PM.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

If you think $100 for the PC version is a lot... I think you can get more than that for the C64 version. You know, collectors and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    If you think $100 for the PC version is a lot... I think you can get more than that for the C64 version. You know, collectors and all.
    I don't know, both the C64 and PC versions are ports of the Apple II original. The last two nice complete copies I saw sold on Ebay for the Apple II version went for $55 and $80 respectively. I did see a sealed mint copy for the C64 go for around $125 a few months back. It's somewhat valuable, but I don't think you'll break $100 with a used complete copy even with crazy collectors.

Flight Simulator is a sub-$20 game most of the time and the scenery packs pop up constantly. The C64 version is really not considered terribly collectible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I don't know, both the C64 and PC versions are ports of the Apple II original. The last two nice complete copies I saw sold on Ebay for the Apple II version went for $55 and $80 respectively. I did see a sealed mint copy for the C64 go for around $125 a few months back. It's somewhat valuable, but I don't think you'll break $100 with a used complete copy even with crazy collectors.

Flight Simulator is a sub-$20 game most of the time and the scenery packs pop up constantly. The C64 version is really not considered terribly collectible.
    Thanks for the info, I think I've got like $1 involved in Wasteland so really anything greater than $20 is a good find to me. Do you happen to know what books go with the game? I know I said it has all of them but I really don't know what the game originally had with it, mine has the sleeve thing and 2 booklets but I know these older computer games tend to include a lot more. I only got this game a few months ago so I haven't exactly been able to keep a good watch on copies popping up on eBay (I did see that PC copy on eBay but I wasn't sure if the C64 and PC versions included the same stuff).

As for the flight simulator, I sort of figured it wasn't worth much but I thought I'd mention it anyway. You never know!
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The most important book for Wasteland would be the accompanying one with numbered paragraphs. It's part of the copy protection, and the game references it. Without the book, the game is unplayable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flack View Post
    The most important book for Wasteland would be the accompanying one with numbered paragraphs. It's part of the copy protection, and the game references it. Without the book, the game is unplayable.
    Okay, well I just checked and I have the paragraphs book and the instructions (with the backstory and all the keyboard commands and etc).

View my collection!