Thread: US Origin Games or Systems worth Picking up Mainly RPGs? (From the Import-Only Gamer)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default US Origin Games or Systems worth Picking up Mainly RPGs? (From the Import-Only Gamer)

First off this will thread will probably get moved, but I thought this would be the appropriate section. I only buy import games mainly and I was wondering if there was some really good game consoles or games (Preferably RPGs) worth picking up that originated State-Side, as opposed to originating from Japan and getting ported to the US.

So yeah, US Origin and then possibly ported to other countries is fine.

For example, Startropics I and II for the NES. To my knowledge these originated Stateside, but I already have these two :P

Any suggestions or highly recommended pick ups?

-- Also, Quick question regarding Japanese Game Posters. Trying to avoid making a new thread for this to avoid the spam, so I'll give it a shot here first. What would be a fair price to pay for Japanese Video Game Posters? I know this probably depends on the game, but I'll give you an example. Some of my favorites game Posters I can probably get for around 20-25$ + Shipping on US eBay, but if I look over at Yahoo-Auctions Japan I can normally find the same ones for like 1000-1500 yen. To get them from there, however, I would have to use a middleman service (normally). Am I paying too much for these? One that comes to mind is I recently picked up a Japanese Promo Poster for Grandia II for 20$ + Shipping.
    Last edited by Apocalypse612; 12-25-2010 at 10:06 PM.