Thread: Dead Nation

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Dead Nation

Anyone else playing this? Just started playing this yesterday. Really good game. It plays like Smash Tv, Total Carnage, and others, but with zombies. The game uses a point modifier, so that the amount of points you get from each enemy is the amount on the modifier. If you kill most enemies it adds two points, certain enemies more or none, but if you get hit you lose 50+. I started on the difficult Grim and while not as difficult as Total Carnage it was pretty hard. Playing normal it's alot easier, so too bad there's no middlegound. There are two ranks above Grim,as well.

Each stage has multiple checkpoints you can upgrade your weapons at, and while you only start with the rifle, you can get multple others such as shotgun, smg, blade gun, etc. Throwing secondary weapons like flares and grenades attract zombies. While grenades last a short time they're obviously useful for the explosion, while flares can get you from being attacked or keep them busy long enough for you to kill them all with a few shotgun blasts. The molotov sucks balls.

It's got a story that is good enough for reason to be there, but it's just there, like you'd expect. Short but sweet you could say. Atleast it doesn't suck like most games this gen, especially fighting games and FPS. One neat thing though, not really story, is after each missions ends and its showing your counries ranking, you see how the number of zombie kills for your country just going up. If you go to rankings in the main menu you can also see the amount of all countries zombie kills. Just watching and you see thousands of zombies are getting killed each second. The US has the most kills(obviously) but still in third. It's probably because the amount of players in a country makes the need for more zombies to be killed to finish a cycle.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 12-27-2010 at 04:45 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RicknSam
    PSN
    howie6925

Played it, beat it, loved it. Im working on grim levels right now, my favorite thing in the game is the mine with the multiple explosion up grade on it saved my ass many a time.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I've played and finished it on normal and grim. After finishing it on grim I'm 600 in the rankings out of 80,000 people. I'm playing in morbid now and already with 70,000,000 on the third stage, I'm certain I'm going to go well past my previous ranking so long as I don't start dying every stage.

I also attempted a single mission run which I've played through "The Beginning," the first stage, and I got rank 73. I know I won't get first or second because I only have morbid unlocked, but I'm fairly sure I can get much higher than 73. I was extremely tired was I attempted it. Got hit which lost a lot of my multiplier as well as an additional 15% bonus at the end of the stage. If I was to get undead difficulty by finishing morbid I could possibly get ranked first or second.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.