Thread: What's the 6th best Kinect game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default What's the 6th best Kinect game?

The way I understand it, Kinect Sports, Dance Central, Your Shape Fitness Evolved ,Kinectimals and the pack-in, Kinect Adventures, are probably the 5 best Kinect games right now. What's the 6th best game?

I've heard alot of the 3rd party Kinect games are absolutely atrocious. I think "The Biggest Loser" is supposed to be pretty decent for people that want a more hardcore fitness game. (it's supposedly a bit more hardcore than Your Shape Fitness Evolved). Other than that, I haven't really heard anything about the other Kinect games, except hearing how crappy they are. I've heard that Fighters Uncaged is absolutely awful, and I've heard that the Harry Potter game that uses Kinect is terrible as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Answer: It's a trick question. There aren't any good Kinect games.

Almost got us!
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Um... Sonic Free Riders?

Though I hear you have to get the set-up perfect for the game to work properly.
    I reject your reality and substitute it for one of my own!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    Answer: It's a trick question. There aren't any good Kinect games.

Almost got us!
    You know what? I honestly thought that Kinect was going to suck big time, but I have to give credit where credit is due, and admit that I was totally wrong about Kinect. We got it as a Xmas gift to our kids, because they both really wanted it, and we thought it was a good gift that could benefit both of them.

However, I definitely wanted to try the thing out myself a bit, but more as a morbid curiosity thing. I'm far from a "casual" gamer.

I ended up trying out the five games mentioned above, and I must say that all of them are pretty damn good, all things considered. Especially Your Shape Fitness Evolved. While it's not really a "game" so to speak, it is an absolutely outstanding piece of software. I think it's even more of a killer app for Kinect than Dance Central is. Dance Central is cool as well, but I'm not a fan at all of the art style of Dance Central. Your Shape Fitness Evolved has a clean, fresh look to it. It's kinda like being inside the animus waiting screen for Assassin's Creed. It has this futuristic quality to it that is quite pleasing.

Every person that I've showed Your Shape Fitness Evolved to has been amazed by it. As for the games like Kinectimals and Kinect Adventures and stuff like that, they are all pretty decent. My 7 year old really loves Kinectimals. My 10 year likes it as well, as well as Kinect Adventures. They both like Kinect Sports. I've tried all of the games out except Kinectimals, and they all seem to work as advertised. That's the thing that is most impressive to me. Everything actually works. I thought it would be a really crappy experience, but it all seems to work great.
    Last edited by WCP; 12-29-2010 at 11:34 PM.

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

I just wish they'd release a patch so I could play Splatterhouse with kinect; then my wife would think I lost my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

After playing Kinect Sports, I want a more legit soccer game. One big advantage that Kinect has, is the fact that it can track your feet and legs. With Playstation Move and Wii Motion Plus, Sony and Nintendo can track where your hands are, but those devices can't track your legs, feet and head, things you need when playing soccer.

The only real problem is, controlling whether your player is moving forward, backwards, left, right, etc. Soccer on Kinect Sports handles this by not allowing you to move at all. You are only allowed to pass the ball to another teammate, or shoot the ball. The solution for this problem would be a wireless nunchuk type device that you could hold in one hand, and it would have an analog thumbstick on it, so that you could control whether you are running forward, backward, etc. But, the fact that Kinect can watch your feet, and your legs, I think Kinect could have an amazing soccer game. The version of Soccer on Kinect Sports is way too easy, and way too simplistic. It's like Wii Tennis on Wii Sports. It does the basic job, but there just isn't any depth to the gameplay, or real challenge.

I just hope Microsoft can get off their, "You are the Controller", high horse, and come to the realization that there has to be a way to control the movement of your player in 3D space. They need a wireless nunchuk, but I fear that their marketing of "You are the Controller", is going to keep them from tapping the true potential.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

The number one best thing about Kinect is watching Bridget O'Neill jumping around.

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vinnysdad
    PSN
    Vinnysdad

Quote Originally Posted by dgdgagdae View Post
    The number one best thing about Kinect is watching Bridget O'Neill jumping around.
    Yes it is