Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Exclamation NAVA Gamer's Meeting, January 29th: "Robots Must Die"

NAVA = North Atlantic Videogame Aficionados. This is a FREE event bringing gamers together for competition, trading, and chatter.

Previously at NAVA...
    - Gamers learned the intricacies of the arcade game "Bagman", which truly rung in the holiday spirit.
    - There was cake.
    - Attendees participated in the NAVA annual "Secret Santa", where some great gifts were unwrapped, including a complete in box NES Action Set, and a ColecoVision system signed by The Angry Video Game Nerd.
    - Games and systems traded hands between attendees who brought their own trade boxes.

Pictures tell it best!
    http://www.digitpress.com/images/store/

We're expecting 2011 to be a "two-fisted powerhouse of a year" and we also believe that this will likely be the year where the robots ultimate plan begins taking shape. Naturally, they intend to destroy humanity. To begin the year/conflict right, we're going to help everyone get some training in on Virtual On: Force for the 360 (imported) with TWO twin-sticks. Sure you'll be playing AS a robot, but what better way to learn how TO DESTROY a robot, eh? Hmm?

The game supports system-link so Virtua On: Force will also be our 6pm tournament. Practice during the day, dominate at night! Remember to be there at 5pm to get on the sign-up sheet, first 16 players are in, free of charge!

This month's arcade high score challenge will be "Robotron 2084". The person who logs in the highest score by 8pm will get a $20 gift certificate for the Digital Press store and will be added to the new "house champion" tournament plaque on the Wall of Fame just above the arcade section of the store. Get your practicing in now!

Get your trade boxes in order and remember to wear your NAVA t-shirt to get the maximum discount on purchases... it's NAVA time!

When: Saturday, January 29th, 3pm to midnight.
    Where: Digital Press Videogames: http://tinyurl.com/yscakm
    What happens: Gaming, trading, tournaments, big prizes! Extra game stations are set up around the store. Attendance is FREE. Half price for kids!
    What can I bring?: Snacks, soda and beer are always appreciated. Cakes have been very popular as well.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds like its going to be awesome. You know my family and I will be there. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Insert Coin (Level 0) supergoldzero's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    supergoldzer0
    PSN
    supergoldzero

I will be bringing along both of my Xbox 360 Twin Sticks for everyone to play with. Even though I will be bringing Virtual On Force with me, I think it would be better if we had a tournament for Virtual On: Ontario Tangram [VOOT] since Force is a 4 player game [VOOT is 1 vs 1], it's slower than VOOT, and it is just not good as VOOT. I can buy VOOT for your Xbox 360 in the store, Joe, if you don't have it already assuming you would want to try a system link set up for the tournament. This will be epic!

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by supergoldzero View Post
    I will be bringing along both of my Xbox 360 Twin Sticks for everyone to play with. Even though I will be bringing Virtual On Force with me, I think it would be better if we had a tournament for Virtual On: Ontario Tangram [VOOT] since Force is a 4 player game [VOOT is 1 vs 1], it's slower than VOOT, and it is just not good as VOOT. I can buy VOOT for your Xbox 360 in the store, Joe, if you don't have it already assuming you would want to try a system link set up for the tournament. This will be epic!
    I didn't realize that Oratorio Tangram supported system link. Do you have 2 copies of Force?

Insert Coin (Level 0) supergoldzero's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    supergoldzer0
    PSN
    supergoldzero

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress View Post
    I didn't realize that Oratorio Tangram supported system link. Do you have 2 copies of Force?
    I only have one copy of Force. I think it would be great if we had one 360 up during the day to leave a spot open for a classic [possibly Sega related?] console, but have two set up just for the tournament. I can bring my own 360 so I can save replays and post them up on Youtube. What do you think would work best?

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by supergoldzero View Post
    I only have one copy of Force. I think it would be great if we had one 360 up during the day to leave a spot open for a classic [possibly Sega related?] console, but have two set up just for the tournament. I can bring my own 360 so I can save replays and post them up on Youtube. What do you think would work best?
    OK I guess we're doing Oratorio Tangram for the tournament, then. I've got it on my XBox, just wasn't aware that it supported system link. Good to go, Chris!