Thread: controls won't work happy fish 2 pcb please help

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy controls won't work happy fish 2 pcb please help

I have a relief pitcher cabinet and I have switched out the pcb for a happy fish 2 302-in 1 pcb. it loads up fine picture is got a little fuzzy rolling across it but that is not the problem I am trying to fix right now. my relief pitcher is set up with two joysticks and three buttons per player which I will switch later to six a player but for now when the game loads none of my controls/buttons work at all the coin switch works to put credits in but I can not pick a game or look through the menu because none of the buttons or joysticks work. please help me! what is the problem. oh and I already remove the ground wires in slot 27 from the jamma harness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not familiar with those boards, but you say you removed the ground from pin 27 on the JAMMA harness... I assume that means they use those pins for buttons rather than the standard JAMMA ground? If so, you probably need to link the ground connected to your buttons to one of the ground wires that's still connected to the board.

I dunno how much you know about arcades, control panel wiring, etc... but basically a switch is detected as not pressed when the input isn't shorted to ground (switch open), and detected as pressed with the input is shorted to ground (switch closed). It does that by having a common ground attached to one side of all the switches on the control panel, and then each individual input wire to the other side of the switch.

So, what I'm saying... trace the ground back from the control panel wiring, and make sure it goes to one of the grounds that is connected to ground on the game board.

DogP
    Virtual Boy Lives @ Project: VB

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thank you for responding. I am still fairly new to all this I know most of the basics. so when you say attach the wire to the game board do you mean the jamma harness. because there is no wires going to my game board other then the harness.