Thread: February 2011 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    ... the hell?

... WANT.
    It looked pretty interesting and pretty funny, with track titles like "Ave Maria Dixie", "TV Theme Song Medley", and weird cover songs like "YMCA", "Staying Alive", and "Pink Cadillac". So I popped it into my computer and had a listen... they're totally playing it straight! They aren't a crazy hillbilly parody of the Three Tenors like I'd assumed, they're just some mullet headed hicks singing songs. I'm a little disappointed.

By the way, the EyeClops night vision goggles are pretty damn impressive for a kid's toy. I could read the covers of magazines in a completely pitch black room with those.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Hah, sounds pretty lame. :\

Well... I bought nothing today. I almost did, though. I found a brand new and sealed Region 2 Serial Experiments Lain DVD (Spain) box set. It was pretty neat, the box resembled a closed laptop and it had a ton of goodies, including a soundtrack CD.

But when I picked it up, it turned out someone had already taken it. It was on top of some clothes and someone had already set it aside. That someone was a reseller. She told me her son wanted to sell it.

Needless to say, I was pretty pissed. I wanted the music CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Key (Level 9) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Haven't been to the thirft stores in many months, decided to check out a couple and picked up some things (DQVI was from Toys 'R' Us on the 15th! Everything else is from today.)

DQ VI (DS) - Now have a way to play all 9 main games in English officially! 34.99
    Kenseiden (SMS) - The manual is in poor shape. 1.50
    Lord of the Sword (SMS) - The manual is in poor shape. 1.50
    Gallop Racer (PSX) - This baby is mint! 3.00
    Sonic 2 (GG) 1.00 - Why not. I seem to find this just about every time I go to a thrift store!
    Goldfinger and A View to a Kill (VHS) - Bought these 2 to replace the ones I already have that are in poor shape. 3.00 for both.

Last edited by DDCecil; 02-18-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Banana (Level 7) SamuraiSmurfette's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Stay Alive (no marbles) for $4.49

That is a seriously fun game. Had it since I was a kid, and still pull it out time to time.

today just brought me more cheapy cheapy xbox games. Nothing worth taking a pic of though.
    Also Got King of Fighters Orochi PSP for 3.99 and Supreme commander 2 for 4.89
    Not a bad day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I had played Stay Alive at a friend's house, but never owned one until now.

I stopped off at a new GameXchange in Denton that's only been open a week and a half. They have a lot of Nintendo systems and games, but only a dozen Genesis titles, and maybe more Sega Master System games. No Dreamcast, Atari, et cetera. Still, I managed to buy a boxed Pac-Mania for the SMS. It looks to be a European release by TekMagic, with the multi-language box and instruction manual and the white cart label. Only $3.95. Dammit, I love finding imports in the wild.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

FLEA MARKET

Very Low Turnout,Coold Windy,You took your life in your hands today with how much the wind was blowing around..I watched a huge box filled with light couch pillows fly and knock a woman down..

Found,Three Free Bins with lids..

Passed
    Bin filled with common NES games,the seller wants $5 to 10 depending on title.. the contents of the bin never seem to change everytime i see it..
    NES,just the deck $25.00
    Older-PS3 in pieces..

Ran into an old vendor whom I've known for years..
    His kids>the third Xox 360 burnt out so they bought a PS3..His wife threw the 360 at him when it broke..
    He sold the broken Xbox 360 arcade model but the buyer didn't take the power suppy..
    I bought the(2007) 360 he had left and he told me to take everything in the bin.wireless controller,headset component cables,power supply,and Xbox 360 arcade model power supply..
    The system is broken,I knew that,he told me so,,..He wanted $40.00 but I got it for $30.00...It has an E74 Error..
    I have a RROD 06-07 Xbox 360 that was repaired (quick xclamp fix)but it didn't last a day..i've been working on it myself as the repair job was real CHITTY...
    I've been looking for a 360 to mess with that has not been opened,or attempted repaired..(this is it)

The headset and controller my Sons will use,and I'll sell the Arcade Power supply on ebay(hopes) cheap.

Otherwise the day was a WIND WASH>.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Went out yesterday and this is what I came back with:

Pawn Shop:
    Kirby and the Crystal Shards: $5 (best find of the day)

Goodwill:
    Sonic's Schoolhouse: $2.99 (I grabbed this right away)
    Sam & Max Episodes 1-3: $5.99(now I have to buy episode 5...)

Gamexchange:
    Iron Man 2Disc Edition: $3 (For my dad. It is missing the sleeve though)

Not too bad of a day. I probably overpaid on Sam & Max, but I'm a sucker for physical copies of the game. It was still cheaper than what Telltale wants for one episode. I also did end up walking out of most stores I went to empty handed...
    I have a sig?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

NES deck with new 72 pin, controller, cables, and both zeldas. Batteries actually work in the zeldas. - 40 bucks

Silver PS2 slim. cables, controller, memory card. - 45 bucks thing is in perfect condition

Silver gamecube cables and controller - 15 bucks

Original xbox with one big ugly controller and 6 games. Only thing of note is halo. - Free with the rest of this stuff

PS3 40gb system. 1 year warranty on the thing. 225 through gamestop.

N64 with a few games including duke nukem and quake. Free to go with the rest of this stuff.

SNES with av, 2 controllers and a power supply. Acquired via trade.

Busy week lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

A while ago, I have received this beautiful package from the NIS store ^o^

The game itself is pretty neat (All first edition game copies are not sealed but the outer box is sealed on the outside). The main thing that could catch people off guard is the side opening of the outer box so be careful not to rip it. The cards are pretty nice, just standard like a poker deck.

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This is my last find for a while...a couple months worth

DS Lite - $9 DP (It turns on then off..going to replace my other DS with this shell)
    2 DS Lite batteries (one is in the Black DS Lite - both works)
    2 PS2 to PS3 Convertors - on ebay under $10
    Wireless PS3 Controller Free DP(Thought it will be going to be the Reg Pad - it's the Dual Shock 3
    Logitech PS2 Controller - Gamestop $1.25 (I was Trading stuff in)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I had played Stay Alive at a friend's house, but never owned one until now.

I stopped off at a new GameXchange in Denton that's only been open a week and a half. They have a lot of Nintendo systems and games, but only a dozen Genesis titles, and maybe more Sega Master System games. No Dreamcast, Atari, et cetera. Still, I managed to buy a boxed Pac-Mania for the SMS. It looks to be a European release by TekMagic, with the multi-language box and instruction manual and the white cart label. Only $3.95. Dammit, I love finding imports in the wild.
    Nice finds! Unfortunately, my schedule just doesn't allow me to get out much anymore, but it's cool to hear about new store locations. One of these days I'll have to head out to Denton and check it out!

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zama View Post
    A while ago, I have received this beautiful package from the NIS store ^o^

The game itself is pretty neat (All first edition game copies are not sealed but the outer box is sealed on the outside). The main thing that could catch people off guard is the side opening of the outer box so be careful not to rip it. The cards are pretty nice, just standard like a poker deck.
    That's the first thing I looked at when I saw the game in the store. The side opening on my Atelier Rorona box was similar and I accidentally ripped it trying to open it. I didn't realize the game was out and would have picked it up yesterday but I had gone to Borders first and spent my disposable income on a book already. Hopefully I can pick this up next week. Speaking of cards, I was in Gamestop looking at the Hyperdimension Neptunia game and my friend who works there hooked me up with a pack of the Tactics Ogre tarot cards. I DO have the game on pre-order so it's not like I'm getting a freebie but it's nice to have the bonus item I'm supposed to get instead of ending up in the hands of an employee or another customer who didn't reserve the game.

As for finds of my own, I found a PSP game at Target last night that was on clearance. I picked up Naruto Shippuden Legends: Akatsuki Rising for $7.48.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

^ Funny, I didn't pre-order Tactics Ogre but I did pick it up at a GameStop yesterday. The clerk hooked me up with a tarot deck which I wasn't even intending to inquire about.

Banana (Level 7) snes_collector's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Various finds over the past month or so:

Never saw one of these boxed before. I've been wanting a controller like this for my PS2, so I was happy. $3

TMNT was in awful shape, had mud(or something) all over it and even in the contacts, but after some heavy duty cleaning, it works. $2.
    Choro Q- $5
    Virtua Fighter 4- $2.50 (buy one get one half off at Re-Play Games)
    The other three PS2 games were from a local pawn and were $4 each. I've been looking for a cheap copy of SF Alpha Anthology so I was happy about that one. Not sure what I'm going to do with the RPG's, I may just end up throwing them up here on the forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by snes_collector View Post
    Various finds over the past month or so:

Never saw one of these boxed before. I've been wanting a controller like this for my PS2, so I was happy. $3
    Test it first.

I've had AWFUL luck getting those third party guns to work on my PS2. GunCon clones work fine - but Konami gun clones don't work on my system for some reason (and yet, the standard Konami gun does...)

Today's finds:

Outlaws (CDs in case) - $2
    Playtoons 2: Spirou - The Case of the Counterfeit Collaborator - $1

Outlaws is going to eBay. Playtoons... I got it because I got curious. I've seen some Spirou books and thought they were okay. I'm just not sure what's up with this game though, it says it's a game, but it's also a "Make your own story" type thing.

And check out that box. It's HUGE. And what does it contain? A CD in a paper sleeve and a leaflet with installation instructions. WAY TO WASTE CARDBOARD, SIERRA.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Strawberry (Level 2) cityside75's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Every now and then, there's a find that is both exciting and annoying at the same time. I had that find today

I walk into Goodwill and see this in the glass case:

I make a mental note to grab that on the way out, it's not worth too much and its pretty useless without the bike, but it's kinda rare. But like a good thrift shopper, I wonder if there might be more related pieces around...

First I run into this:

Then I start to try and picture what else would be needed and I figure that something must connect the console to the bike. I dig around a bit and find this:

Finally I wander over to the open area of the floor and find the final piece:

So now I'm looking at the prospect of lugging this thing home. Fortunately my WRX wagon is surprisingly cavernous and I was able to fit it in and get it home.

I really don't have any room for this thing, and I'm not such a hardcore SNES collector that I really have any interest in keeping it. But I did feel that strange obligation to rescue it from its probable fate - there was a guy test riding the bike when I saw it, and he looked interested - it would have only been a matter of time before the pieces got all separated from one another, especially since the bike is really nice and heavy duty, like something you'd find at the gym.

I'll probably try to clean/fix it up and see if I can find someone that's looking to TRULY complete a SNES collection

Oh, here's how the price broke down:

Game - $1.99
    Controller - $1.99
    Console Base - $1.99
    AC Adaptor - $.99
    Exercise Bike - $9.99

Total with tax of $18 and change.
    Last edited by cityside75; 02-21-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Congratulations cityside75, you have accomplished find of the year only a month and a half in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Great find. I have the game, but I don't think that I've ever seen the bike+components before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

It's still missing the box.

God damn though!

Strawberry (Level 2) cityside75's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, the console isn't seeing the bike right now in the game, so its going to need some work obviously. The controller is responding though, so it's partially functional at least (the controller connects to the bike, which goes out to the console near the base).

Fortunately, in my quest to fix that pinball machine in the background of those pictures, I've gotten much better at repairing electronics, so I'm going to start troubleshooting it over the next few days and see if I can get it working again.