Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

First off, Ryan - you deserve waaaay more kudos for that estate find!! Epic, truly Epic and know that another DFW resident is totally jealous of that find....

Speaking of which, I went to a Target and found a few clearance items:

Iron Man 2 (PSP) - $9.98 (passed)
    MX vs. ATV (PSP) - $9.98 (pass)
    MotorStorm Arctic Edge (PSP) - $7.48 (Got it)

I've been waiting for Motorstorm to drop one more time, but they were down to only one left and I'd rather have it at $8 brand new right now, then have to pay the same amount for a used one later.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My finds for the day
    The PS1 games $1 each, the mac os 9 discs $1, the magic power JS $5, the dreamcast JS (I've never seen this one before) $4.99, the N64 JS $1.99, The N64 games $1.98 each, and the SNES games $2.99 each
    [url]WWW.EVG2000.com[/url]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA_Queen View Post
    I'm so excited right now! I was browsing on Play-Asia.com for fun, when I noticed that they were having a sale. One of the items that's on sale is Solatorobo: Sore kara Coda e for only $29.90! Well at that price I couldn't resist.
    It's a great game, even if it's a bit easy. Completely worth it. I picked up the collector's edition when it came out in October.

I'm still hoping for a Euro release...

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcice View Post
    It's a great game, even if it's a bit easy. Completely worth it. I picked up the collector's edition when it came out in October.

I'm still hoping for a Euro release...
    Yeah, I was holding out for a possible EU release too. But since the EU release hasn't even been officially confirmed, I figured I just get the JPN version now while it's cheap.

Besides, I've already found a site where someone is (slowly) translating the game menus and story.

Here's the link if you're interested:

http://kerowolfdomain.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    Any 80s toys people know what that lizard thing is? It's a battery operated toy that walks. I have no idea and thought it was worth it at $3.
    That's a Terron, from Hasbro's late '70 sci-fi revamp of the comatose G. I. Joe toy line. The new "Super Joe" line was done in a science fiction vein in the huge wake left behind by Star Wars, and made smaller than the originals because of petroleum prices and the gas crunch in the '70s. I had three of the figures from the line, they all came with flashlights either attached to a harness or built-in to them. They were pretty cool, and almost totally forgotten. Terron was a monster that would walk but if you shone one of those flashlights into its mouth (or 'fire a laser') it would stop moving.

You've probably got a good little collector's item there. Most of those Super Joes have fallen apart due to deteriorating rubber joints, but toys like Terron didn't have that problem. G. I. Joe and general toy collectors will probably both be interested in it.

Here's a link to some info about it.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

$1 each.

Though I REGRET buying that James Bond CD. The thing reeks of ... um... aromatic "tobacco". Not to mention the freakin' booth sellers (three people) lit up cigarrettes at the same time. And they basically blew smoke in my face. AT THE SAME TIME. I hate cigarrettes, especially second hand smoke. :x
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I forgot to post that yesterday I bought Exile for the Genesis (in box but no instruction manual) for $7.99, Darius Gaiden for the Saturn (complete) for $3.99, and Hardball! for the Atari XEGS (loose and filthy) for $1.99 at a Movie Trading Company.

Insert Coin (Level 0) yoshilime53's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    That flea market sucks to be honest, too many people making a living off reciprocating the same junk over and over. I prefer the Capitol Swap for better deals. That one vendor though is someone I've dealt with for almost ten years, across multiple flea markets. He used to have a lot more stuff though and a much bigger diverse mix.

But yeah, he's a good guy and gives you a realistic price on everything. I used to drop hundreds almost every week buying from him. These days that's not really an option for me and he really doesn't have the oddball inventory he once had to warrant it anyway. Too many years of picking over his inventory has left it pretty bare from what it once was but he always gets new stuff in.
    Sorry for late reply, but oh my...I think i have the wrong flea market! i got my items at Capitol, the best flea market ever. i got mixed up, your items look eerily similar to the ones i found out there. Odd. Where did you got again? Baraesa? i live a few minutes away from capitol which is nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA_Queen View Post
    Yeah, I was holding out for a possible EU release too. But since the EU release hasn't even been officially confirmed, I figured I just get the JPN version now while it's cheap.

Besides, I've already found a site where someone is (slowly) translating the game menus and story.

Here's the link if you're interested:

http://kerowolfdomain.blogspot.com/
    I had seen that, thanks. If the EU release isn't out by the end of the year I'll probably replay with it - hopefully he'd have most of the game done by then.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    That's a Terron, from Hasbro's late '70 sci-fi revamp of the comatose G. I. Joe toy line. The new "Super Joe" line was done in a science fiction vein in the huge wake left behind by Star Wars, and made smaller than the originals because of petroleum prices and the gas crunch in the '70s. I had three of the figures from the line, they all came with flashlights either attached to a harness or built-in to them. They were pretty cool, and almost totally forgotten. Terron was a monster that would walk but if you shone one of those flashlights into its mouth (or 'fire a laser') it would stop moving.

You've probably got a good little collector's item there. Most of those Super Joes have fallen apart due to deteriorating rubber joints, but toys like Terron didn't have that problem. G. I. Joe and general toy collectors will probably both be interested in it.

Here's a link to some info about it.
    Thanks so much Steve! I don't think I would have ever figured that one out!

The odd thing about this sale was that they had some accessories for (80s) GI Joe action figures and He-Man but not a single figure to be seen! Strange.

I'll get some good batteries at the store this afternoon to see what happens.

EDIT:
    This is KILLING me. Sitting on the shelf beside the Terron was a Super Joe figure. I didn't recognize it but i did pick it up and look at it. Now looking at the Super Joe stuff online I now know what it was. Dammit.
    Last edited by Ryaan1234; 02-12-2011 at 01:13 PM.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I bought a disc+key copy of American McGee's Alice for $2. And a brand new replacement Radio Shack coaxial cable (gold plated) for $1. It can't be any worse than the one I'm using now.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    First off, Ryan - you deserve waaaay more kudos for that estate find!! Epic, truly Epic and know that another DFW resident is totally jealous of that find....
    Oh, and for the interested you can view pics of the estate sale here if anyone just wants to see what it looked like. I'm going back tomorrow on half price day to see if any of those boxed systems are still around.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Good day at Goodwill:

Books were $1.70 total. Rogue Squadron II was $3. The Star Wars Trilogy VHS set is sealed, $6. Might sell that on eBay if it's worth anything.

Cassette player was $3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

I felt I had a great find last night, but first, time for backstory:

Going back to Game-X-Change to return Doom 64 (It was a letdown; I expected the fast-paced action of the first game, and instead got a first-person switch-flipping simulator with occasional firefights with demons), I decided to use the credit I got back to get Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection...when I saw a little black box sitting in their glass case with all the PS3 accessories, and bought it as well. What it is?

- PS3 Memory Card Adapter (Loose in very good shape): $10
    - Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (PS3. In case, in good shape): $10, after returning Doom 64

I was shocked to find the PS3 memory card adapter, and for such a cheap price as well. I remember when these where $15 new, long before anyone I knew had a PS3, and now they commonly sell for twice that used. I may not have a PS3 that's PS2 compatible, but this allows me to carry over my PSX saves so I get back to Lunar 2.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

got these at the goodwills

PS1 NFL Blitz. i always loved the NFL Blitz series. everything is in near mint condition. the disc has one minor scratch i see but thats it.
    3 bucks

3rd party PS1/PS2 controller 2 bucks

and the odd ball thats been bugging me since i bought it
    5 dollars. Brand spanking new still sealed in its package original Xbox controller

now whats been bugging me about it is who the hell made this thing? it has no company name on it.
    It looks a genuine xbox controller right down to the fine details except for not having the xbox logo in middle and the colored buttons everything else is exactly the same size and shape and looks
    the cardboard insert looks the same as the genuine but it doesn't say microsoft or xbox anywhere on it except for the bottom where it talks about how this is not licensed by microsoft blah blah blah.

to use as reference
    so i am completely baffled
    Last edited by Collector_Gaming; 02-12-2011 at 10:09 PM.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

That controller is just a cheap Chinese controller. There is no name because it's that bad. Nothing released here in the states would be that close to the real thing.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

I got this lovely NES game yesterday:

It's Ultima IV and the game and box itself were in near mint condition. The manual was a bit beat up but luckily, it was still readable. Plus, the manual really felt like a old tome

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I got more

Clear Blue PS Dual Shock - I got this a month ago, forgot to post this earlier, I forgot how much I paid for it - but I got it at the Eco Thrift
    Kenny Rogers Christmas $2.15 - Eco Thrift
    Def Leppard Historia VHS 0.81 Eco Thrift
    Switching Goal $2 Rasputin Music
    MTV Party to Go Vol 2 $1 Rasputin Music
    Pebbles Always $1.61 Thrift Store

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMania View Post
    Kenny Rogers Christmas $2.15 - Eco Thrift
    Switching Goal $2 Rasputin Music
    Pebbles Always $1.61 Thrift Store

... You need help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Miley Cyrus Can't be Tamed $7 Rasputin Music
    I got more

...Switching Goal $2 Rasputin Music
    I was thinking of something more like this...

View my collection!