Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Console Shelving/displays

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had about 10 consoles connected a year ago and it was a big mess of cables and switches.. so i decided to only have those connected i really use a lot, and connect the other ones when needed

so at the moment only my ps2, ps3, wii and xbox 360 are connected.. and that's not a big mess

- Playstationcollecting.com .. The online Playstation Collecting Community
    The PlaystationCollecting.com Database and Collection Tool
    Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Forum
    - Visit My Retro Video Game Store! -

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sheath View Post
    If that is for personal play time, fine. Please just do_not write any reviews based on your play time by this method exclusively.
    Reviews?

I don't write reviews for anything.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Higher Power's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great thread. Great collections guys! Congrats.

I like to keep my retro stuff "eyes only" in my loft. With the exception of my girlfriend, sister and two best friends no one knows what I keep in these drawers:

(All connected, ready to play and far away from light & dust)

Consoles/games that you see I use daily for my own pleasure. I also own all the consoles released in the past 30 years (including most portables & test consoles) completely factory sealed and stored away to be auctioned off in a couple of decades time as well as hundreds of factory sealed games. Snes mostly.

My old man started collecting back in the days of ZX Spectrum and soon started buying 2 copies of everything good that came out. I followed in his footsteps. We have since moved 9 times in 4 different countries and everything is still intact.
    Last edited by Higher Power; 02-23-2011 at 05:40 AM.

ooooOOOOHHH RUSTY!!! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FxMercenary
    PSN
    Gronkus

I like to go for the late 80s "Living Room" look!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Higher Power View Post
    Consoles/games that you see I use daily for my own pleasure. I also own all the consoles released in the past 30 years (including most portables & test consoles) completely factory sealed and stored away to be auctioned off in a couple of decades time as well as hundreds of factory sealed games. Snes mostly.
    Now there's an investment I can get behind. I only recently began hunting down CIB copies of games for my own collection of vintage games. I haven't been able to make myself buy sealed copies though. It just feels wrong to have great games stuck inside a box with no way to play them. Plus at this point, there's no telling if it's a reseal with a different game inside.
    - Excellent deals on used video games from the 8 and 16-bit era. Better than eBay prices almost every time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

neat collection photos, i like how neat and clean they look.

But if you keep your ps2/gc/dc is drawers, won't they overheat?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    compute1984

I really like the idea of keeping the consoles in dresser-drawers. One could even have flip-down fronts on some of the drawers for the front-loading systems. My house is really dusty, so I may have to start looking for dressers on CL.
    See my latest arcade repair at the Holodeck 2 Arcade Repair Blog: http://holodeck2arcade.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Hybreed
    PSN
    Casualfever

You guys have really neat solutions. I only keep 4 consoles ready at a time, and even then I have a terrible mess of wires. I really like the setup that Emperor Megas has because it's just so clutter free. Since I'm only a student I use my living room to house all my games and books, and I'm just lucky that the ceiling is so high. I have two Ikea Billy shelves and one of their glass cabinets to hold my stuff. Books and comics are running out of space so I need to get something else to hold stuff. So far all my games have fit the Billy shelf but my collection at around 300 cib games is starting to push it, only a few more dvd cases will fit. It's nice to be able to store the boxes on top of the shelves, but as of next year I'm going to have to start looking for alternate solutions. If I happen to move in with my current boyfriend, his cat is going to bring down all of our stuff, not to mention he has even more comics than me and his dvd+game collection is around 200 as well. That and with two dogs, an older one and a new puppy, it's going to be a nightmare. I probably need to start looking at wall mounted stuff that will fit games more snugly, it's pretty bad that I can't afford, let alone build custom shelves myself :/.
    Dracula: The constant villain of the series. His usual tactics include breaking a number of wine glasses and transforming into his true form.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Personally, I'm not worried about having my systems on display, I tend to only keep two hooked up at any given moment, with anything else I might wish play with not far away. I'm mostly interested in showing off my games and a few random collectibles.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just did this the other day after buying a very large 50 dollar power strip at lowes. The shelving is simple 1x12 cut to length. The backing piece was miscut (hence the gap in the boards) and I really don't feel like fixing it so I'll just live with the gap. Nice having everything "good to go" whenever. Also stole the one posters idea (thanks for the idea, btw) of keeping the controller plugged in and just wrapped up sitting on the system so that's how I have everything. Now to add to my collection of systems...