Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3: Coming October 25 for PC, 360, and PS3...

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ianoid View Post
    I wonder if my experience in the beta will carry over into the released game.
    From what I've read, it won't.

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

I have heard and deduced a few things, but nothing is fact.

I heard this is similar to the alpha multiplayer code, that it was released only to appease the promise of an open beta made in the past, that most of the bugs have been addressed.

People complain it's too late to change anything, but it's definitely not. Day 1 title updates are now the routine. The game could be gold and have a full production run in progress, but still get an update.

Beta graphics may be similar to the final on 360 or better. People say the graphics have to be final, but I don't think we could know. PC will certainly be much much nicer. The 360 is pretty old tech, something like an order of magnitude less powerful than a current PC setup.

I haven't had any real problem getting into games, just a few bumps.

Rush is different than I'm used to, but as I learn this map, I learn the basic strategies and what works for me to score. And I'm most concerned with my score just because I want some unlocks. I really want to unlock revive.

I wonder if my experience in the beta will carry over into the released game. I'm ok either way.

from what i read, the game is somewhere between alpha and beta and the graphics are compressed due to some caveat of psn and xbla where you're only allowed a maximum of 2 gigs for a beta that isnt 1st party, most of the glitches we're complaining about have already been fixed or something bla bla bla, its all hearsay, but im willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, i fucking love this game

main complaints, flashlights are too fucking bright, ridiculously bright, how in the hell can u blind me from 15 feet away in broad fucking daylight??? guns feel kinda weak, even tho ppl drop in like 1 or 2 shots, the kills rarely feel satisfying, i dont know what it is, i didnt have this problem in bfbc2 or any of the cod's, they felt fine, i think it may be subtle frames of animation that are missing or something when someone gets shot reacting to bullets, whatever it is, they need to fix that shit, feels like bodies just drop at random

obvious ones like not being able to mute mics, falling thru the scenery, blue screen, sound dropping out arent worth mentioning as im sure they'll be addressed, but the main one i NEED implemented...option to switch r1 and l1 buttions with r2 and l2 buttons, i HATE playing on ps3 without the option of switching the triggers
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMAN.S9 View Post
    guns feel kinda weak, even tho ppl drop in like 1 or 2 shots
    I'm coming up unlucky on the game. I put a full clip into them before they pull off two shots to kill me and then it shows them having 4% health or some bullshit like that. I'll admit I suck at these FPS military types, but the netcode on this game is fucking terrible.

Even Black Ops which didn't have dedicated servers wasn't as bad as this. Just nothing but campers.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I'm coming up unlucky on the game. I put a full clip into them before they pull off two shots to kill me

Even Black Ops which didn't have dedicated servers wasn't as bad as this. Just nothing but campers.
    Yeah, the aim sometimes seems off. I would suggest trying hardcore mode when the game comes out, where it's easier to kill and be killed.

And yeah, there is a lot of camping, but you can go and get the guys, someone usually does. Finding where guys are camping and getting them is half the fun.

I wouldn't hold this to the final, I think it will be better, but if you hate FPS, this won't necessarily win you over. I just think it has a better chance of winning you over than CoD because there are many different play styles that you can enjoy that may suit your mood. You can chill and snipe or run into the fray. You can move around a lot or hang in a house and kill guys.

Rush mode is a bit more spastic than conquest, since with Rush the map keeps changing as the goals change location. I'm getting used to it, but then again I prefer Conquest by a margin.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

people at work have been babbling about this game for days so I decided to give it a shot...
    oh my god its the single worst game i've played ever!
    i took two steps out of the um..camp? and was shot and killed instantly, this happned 3 times then my "Team" lost

deleted it and went back to castlevania hd.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So after sinking some more time into this, I've come to the conclusion that I need to wait on this game. I will still hold onto my preorder, because I'm giving DICE the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not running home and ripping off the cellophane until I see some reviews and get impressions.

I can't help but think of a similar beta EA had for Bad Company 2. That beta was extremely representative of the final product, and it went on for a month. Also, I was instantly hooked on Bad Company 2 in its beta, I played that thing to death. BF3's beta... not so much.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

In Rush mode, the defenders wait for the attackers to come to them and destroy the crates. That's the whole point. Defenders are limited where they can go on the map, which was implemented to avoid spawn camping and focus the action on the crates. Defenders aren't supposed to run around TDM-style. You're job is to stay put and defend your position. I guess you could spin that as camping.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SlowGolf2004
    PSN
    ownerizer
    Steam
    WDENNIS5280

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzwing256 View Post
    people at work have been babbling about this game for days so I decided to give it a shot...
    oh my god its the single worst game i've played ever!
    i took two steps out of the um..camp? and was shot and killed instantly, this happned 3 times then my "Team" lost

deleted it and went back to castlevania hd.
    If you haven't had any experience with the Battlefield series, I suggest you give it another "shot" so to speak. Especially when other game modes get implemented, seems playing as a team is the only way to win the game in "Conquest" mode.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I meant there's nothing but campers on CoD. On this game, like heybtbm mentioned I gathered that since one team defends and one team attacks, that the defending team is going to wait for the attacking team to get to them.

I was saying that this game had netcode that was worse, CoD was just full of campers. Seriously. On CoD, the camping is so bad, that if you camp yourself, you probably won't see anyone most of the match. The campers on the game benefit from those people who don't camp and are impatient(like me,) to just run out there and try to find them.

I enjoyed the game, it was just the netcode that I hated. Or the fact that everyone was in the UK, or running off shitty connections, or whatever. But it pisses me off when I put a full clip into them to take them down. I played the Killzone 3 Beta and a couple shots and they were gone. That's how it should be, and that's how it is sometimes in this game.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 10-02-2011 at 10:40 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

if you have a sniper rifle in your hand, i dont consider it camping, you at the very least still have a shot at surviving the encounter, especially in battlefield where you're halfway across the map

in cod its just a bunch of dicks in hiding in the corner of a 6x6 room with claymores by the door and waiting for ppl to stumble in so they can bushwack them....how the fuck is that fun???

lol i feel like infinity ward should make sleeping bags and campfires perks in mw3 just for these people if thats how they're going to play the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I always thought it was fun setting up ambushes, or working as a team to counteract them if it's the other side doing it.

Never quite understood the camping hate that so many have. If you have the patience to play the game in a certain way, I don't see the harm in it just because others want to play like they're Rambo. You're under no obligation running around willy nilly just to serve as a moving target in the open for other people.

People even whined about it in America's Army years ago (Haven't played that in 5 years) and that's a game centered around realism.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 10-02-2011 at 05:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

so in cod you sit in a corner of a room with an assault rifle and watch the paint dry while everyone else is outside playing and then finally someone stumbles in and u shoot them in the back? is that pretty much the gist of it?

is that fun for you? lol cuz it isnt for me, on either side of that

edit: im not talking about battlefield as its more objective oriented and really the only people camping are snipers, i mean more just cod and games like it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

This one might interest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGbo50Ar420

Battlefield 3 comparation PC vs. Playstation3 Split Screen
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

so in cod you sit in a corner of a room with an assault rifle and watch the paint dry while everyone else is outside playing and then finally someone stumbles in and u shoot them in the back? is that pretty much the gist of it?

is that fun for you? lol cuz it isnt for me, on either side of that

edit: im not talking about battlefield as its more objective oriented and really the only people camping are snipers, i mean more just cod and games like it
    I don't play Call of Duty online (I'm one of the few that waits until they're several years old and picks them up for a song just for a fun 5 hour single player campaign). But sure, such things are fun to me. And I don't particularly care if it annoys the victim that just blindly walked into a room at full speed assuming it was empty without checking carefully, without tossing in a grenade beforehand, etc. Just makes it all the more satisfying.

Isn't the point to kill the other players? It's not like camping is against the point of the game or is somehow unfairly cheating. And it's easy enough to counteract if people use their heads.

If people want to just go around in open areas without ever stopping, fire up something like Doom or Unreal Tournament and play deathmatches. Personally I like that there's more room for variety, strategy, and thinking these days in many multiplayer fps's instead of the way it used to be.

I love that I can play something like Battlefield 1942 and control a battleship while a buddy I'm talking to on Teamspeak is hiding in a hill overlooking an enemy spawn point directing my fire (I miss the maritime aspect from BF1942 where you could control ships and submarines, man gun turrets on them, etc).

Stuff like that is more fun to me than just running around shooting all the time is. There's a reason I don't play deathmatch modes anymore (Or Call of Duty and Halo style multiplayer). Not enough depth to keep me interested.

I like variety, and sometimes camping is just the recipe for having fun and spicing things up (Such as planting C4 charges on a road and waiting as long as it takes until an unsuspecting target carelessly wanders by).
    Last edited by Leo_A; 10-02-2011 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And yeah, there is a lot of camping, but you can go and get the guys, someone usually does. Finding where guys are camping and getting them is half the fun.
    The problem with that in the beta is that the more you play the better equipment you get. So when you just start playing at level one you don't have a scope, just normal iron sights. So the people who have already played a bit can easily kill you with their scopes from quite a distance away. You are almost forced to do close encounters when you start out for lack of equally competitive aiming equipment. However, as long as you stick with your team and avoid running around in the open you can still avoid that somewhat.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    The problem with that in the beta is that the more you play the better equipment you get. So when you just start playing at level one you don't have a scope, just normal iron sights. So the people who have already played a bit can easily kill you with their scopes from quite a distance away. You are almost forced to do close encounters when you start out for lack of equally competitive aiming equipment. However, as long as you stick with your team and avoid running around in the open you can still avoid that somewhat.
    I'm really not a Rush player, but I've gathered a few concepts that help me.

One thing is, the Sniper rifle you get from the start is more than sufficient to take out yer dudez. Also the Sniper gadget is a radio that sets a mobile spawn point. So you can move up, drop the radio closer to where you want to be, drop down, and look for enemy snipies. I do that for the first two positions and then the second two are much less snipe friendly, as best I can tell.

Anyway, I haven't felt that the unlocks have been totally unfair, and even after a few unlocks, I'm sticking to the earliest weapons- the shotgun, which is the first unlock and available to all classes, and the original sniper rifle as opposed to the original unlocked one.

I'm having fun with it, but I think if I could choose for the moment I'd just go back to playing BFBC2. I just know the audience is smaller than ever, making it harder to find full maps on Hardcore, which is what I like to play- mostly because it's less of the Spawn-Die-Spawn-Die dynamic so many people complain about.

I wouldn't assume this is the finished product like the BFBC2 beta was. If it is, I can't see how it would have been so popular at all events up to now. Not seeing the future, I have high hopes and will probably play BF3 regardless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i feel like infinity ward should make sleeping bags and campfires perks in mw3 just for these people if thats how they're going to play the game
    !

I find CoD games attract more younguns, and I'm not looking to play with cursing 12 year olds.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mr.Russian

Love battlefield 2! Still play it I get hammered and run in on a atc or jet ski and kill some peepz its good fun and i am sure it will be on B3. Cant wait I play for fun and most of the time i do well since no one thinks i will do what i do always helping the team! MW is boring stat people who dont know what having fun is about. Poor souls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Beta sucks, glitchy as hell. I also hate how now Battlefield feels more like CoD and less like Battlefield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd View Post
    Beta sucks, glitchy as hell. I also hate how now Battlefield feels more like CoD and less like Battlefield.

i couldnt put my finger on it, i knew something felt different, off, but not necessarily better or worse, i think what it is mostly is the weighty feeling from bfbc2 missing in the beta, also knifing sucks, that right there i can admit to being more like cod, but way way way less effective

guns dont shoot like cod tho, the bullet drop i noticed effects all guns now, not just sniper rifles, try shooting someone in the park halfway across the map, you'll notice the bullets kind of arc