Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shopgoodwill.com What do you think of them?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    Jesus christ, you are such a self important asshole.

I hope they pay you enough so you keep your hooves and horns sharpened to deadly precision. Can't have them go soft when you're busy impaling babies and crushing puppies.

I have to ask, where were you when this 18 month old, 200+ post thread was made and posted to? Better get cracking on all those posters and their defamatory language! Lord knows only bojay can save the peon posters of DP from dreaded libel suits!
    I don't know, I've never considered myself so important that I needed to blog about my bodily functions on a regular basis or post links to pictures of my possessions, but I feel good about what I do for a living and the fact that on occasion I can help people. Hopefully someday you'll find a way of better coping with the outside world and figure out that the rage you direct at others is really a sense of sadness and frustration with yourself. Until then, the rest of us will just have to keep feeling sorry for you and generally ignoring your posts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

At least you guys are lucky...there is no Goodwill where I live. And it's not a PR thing...there are a few in PR (including Salvation Army stores). Problem is, the distance: some are so far where I live that it's not worth the trip...unless I had a good car, which I don't. Hell, my car barely makes it to work...and it's around a 10 minute drive!
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Do I have to FUCK SHIT UP. Back on topic or pay the price.

#vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I once went to a goodwill and didn't find anything interesting to buy so I left.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I don't know, I've never considered myself so important that I needed to blog about my bodily functions on a regular basis or post links to pictures of my possessions, but I feel good about what I do for a living and the fact that on occasion I can help people. Hopefully someday you'll find a way of better coping with the outside world and figure out that the rage you direct at others is really a sense of sadness and frustration with yourself. Until then, the rest of us will just have to keep feeling sorry for you and generally ignoring your posts.
    The fact that you haven't ignored me yet is comical. You fail at the internet.

Oh and woe is me, bojay has opened my eyes to the truth, blah blah blah. Whatever. You know those Log Log attacks have never worked, right? You're literally the fifth or sixth person in the past six months to latch onto it in hopes of finding a weak point.

You and Porksta should form The Amazingly Pious Duo, as with both of your superhuman self righteousness-ness, you could become quite possibly the most obnoxious thing to ever grace these boards.

Back on topic, bojay, there be slanderin' to unslander! Get to it!

Pretzel (Level 4) Goodwill Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I'm really surprised whenever I see people posting great finds from Goodwill, it's been years since I've found anything really good there.
    It's all about persistence...learn to love the hunt, and the actual finds are gravy. And in person is the only way to go...hard to make a Goodwill "find" online as they have already been "found", so to speak.

Good Luck!
    Rich
    Tomorrow's Past is Yesterday's Future Today!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Firebomber7

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I'm actually a practicing attorney and have been for many years.
    Who the @&%# cares?

Either way, this thread is awesome.

Last edited by Breetai; 02-07-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gavica View Post
    I once went to a goodwill and didn't find anything interesting to buy so I left.
    Me too. Except it happens every single time.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Scotterpop's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hey guys... I'm willing to come to Shopgoodwill's defense here, as I've won quite a few auctions over the years and have been, overall, very pleased.

From my experience, here's a few pros in their favor:
    1) You're buying from a store and not an individual seller, so chances are you won't be screwed over by some guy who never seems to get around to mailing out your item.
    2) They tend to do a VERY good packing job. I've never received anything that was damaged in transit due to their thorough wrapping and cushioning inside the box.
    3) Their site is much smaller than eBay, with far less registered users, so the chances of having your high bid sniped at the last minute are lessened.

But of course, there are some cons:
    1) As was mentioned earlier, some of their shipping quotes are pretty outrageous. But this varies from store to store. Some locations only ship priority mail as opposed to parcel post or media mail. I've actually come to recognize which locations do this and try to avoid them, or lower my max bid accordingly.
    2) Descriptions are often quite lacking, as are the quality of pictures. Of course, this is true of eBay as well. Remember, your average thrift store employee isn't going to know what this stuff is, much less how to answer any detailed questions about it.
    3) Like the bricks and mortar stores, the selection at any given time is completely random. If I'm looking for a specific item, I use eBay. If I'm just in a browsing mood, I check out goodwill. So some things, since they do tend to appear less often, do go for higher-than-average eBay prices. So I do tend to browse the completed eBay auctions before placing a bid on something I'm not sure about, price-wise.

So yeah, I would definitely recommend them, as my experiences have been great. But as the fine print says... Your Results May Vary!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

ah digitalpress, just how i remember you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Firebomber7

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    Same as most forums, but with lawyers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Overpriced. Now that everyone knows about it (weren't they doing this at least 3 years ago?), probably multiplied.

Filing papers to Internet sue you.
    -Sosage

WTF is a Dim-Mac?!?!?

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwill Hunter View Post
    It's all about persistence...learn to love the hunt, and the actual finds are gravy. And in person is the only way to go...hard to make a Goodwill "find" online as they have already been "found", so to speak.

Good Luck!
    Rich
    The closest Goodwill to me is about a half hour drive away, I don't always get a chance to go to it. I was lucky to get the DVD I found as it had the original price of $7.99 on it, that's the only reason it wasn't priced higher than $3.99. I tend to find cheap VHS tapes from time to time but that's basically it. It used to be good to find video game stuff years ago before they moved locations and for a short time once they moved, but now it's really just the odd thing. There's also a Value Village and Salvation Army close to this Goodwill where I still find stuff but it's also pretty rare.

I pretty much just stick to the Value Village and Salvation Army that are close to where I live, I can get there more often and I do seem to find stuff so it's alright. Of course I see bootleg DVDs priced $5.99 at Value Village which is pretty bad. It's bad when I can find the same stuff at the Dollarama next door for a cheaper price. Value Village priced a used widescreen copy of Grease at $7.99 and kept it in the display case, next door at Dollarama they had the same copies of Grease brand new for $1.

Craigslist and Kijiji are pretty good to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This past weekend I learned my rigorous thrifting routine was pointless. I went to my local flea market an found tons of games I wanted for cheap. Nothing super rare, but all fairly priced and when they weren't I was able to just haggle. I found as much there in an hour as I do in a month of thrifting (about 18 nes xbox n64 and gc titles for 55 bucks). Fuggit. Better stuff is held onto when people think they can sell at a profit rather than donate.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

No shit, it is funny how many people around here hate each other. This thread should be required reading for anyone around here, including administrators, who thinks they are popular or well-liked around here. Because you aren't. No matter who you are, a bunch of people hate your ass.

I've never done anything with ShopGoodwill but there are a lot of people overcomplicating things when it should be pretty simple.

If you don't like the prices, then don't bid. Obviously someone feels the prices are fair, otherwise items wouldn't be selling.

If someone wants a game that badly and they are willing to pay $10-20 above the market price or Ebay price, then I respect them for that. I'm not one of the legions of pricks on the internet who taunts people for overpaying for something they really want. Sometimes money isn't an object or obstacle if you'd just rather have the system or game.

Besides, while I don't know how ShopGoodwill does things, I assume if you buy 7-8 items off of there, you don't have to deal with 7-8 different sellers from different locations. So it would seem you are slightly more likely to get what you ordered compared to Ebay where some random dude living in his parent's attic might collect your payment and then decide when or even IF he wants to ship out your item. To me, it seems slightly more secure and less of a crapshoot than your average Ebay transaction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    No shit, it is funny how many people around here hate each other. This thread should be required reading for anyone around here, including administrators, who thinks they are popular or well-liked around here. Because you aren't. No matter who you are, a bunch of people hate your ass.
    Correct. And usually for the most trivial of things. But it doesn't matter if a person does not like the other...at least the person should be respectful either way. I know a few who don't like me (for whatever reason), but I can bet it's not really worth the hassle. One has more issues trying to "hate" someone than to just let it go. It's more of a chore than anything else. I personally respect anyone, even though I know don't like me. And I don't think twice about it.

Anyway, I tried creating an account at shopgoodwill, and for the second time in a row, I get this message:

"Error occurred: 503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA"

Not that I will start buying anything there anyway, but I like to have an account in case something does appear and it's worth my while.

Any ideas? I thought it was a browser issue, but it seems more of a server "hiccup" than anything else.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    Correct. And usually for the most trivial of things. But it doesn't matter if a person does not like the other...at least the person should be respectful either way. I know a few who don't like me (for whatever reason), but I can bet it's not really worth the hassle. One has more issues trying to "hate" someone than to just let it go. It's more of a chore than anything else. I personally respect anyone, even though I know don't like me. And I don't think twice about it.

Anyway, I tried creating an account at shopgoodwill, and for the second time in a row, I get this message:

"Error occurred: 503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA"

Not that I will start buying anything there anyway, but I like to have an account in case something does appear and it's worth my while.

Any ideas? I thought it was a browser issue, but it seems more of a server "hiccup" than anything else.

No idea on your issue. I'd try a different web browser or wait a few hours for them to catch whatever bug it is. I would think one or the other would clear this up. Understand I have never registered there before, but I do tech/PC support by phone and in person for supplemental income.

Only other thing could be privacy or security settings with your browser but I doubt this and frankly it is not worth bothering with those sort of things to register at a site you'll never buy from anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sooo... I've been gone the last few days. Any reason to read any of these recent posts? My guess: no.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwill Hunter View Post
    It's all about persistence...learn to love the hunt, and the actual finds are gravy.
    Normally I would say thats not the case but this year things have definitely turned around. I've been making good finds on a consistent basis and hopefully that continues thru out the year.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    Sooo... I've been gone the last few days. Any reason to read any of these recent posts? My guess: no.
    What did you miss?

A couple people calling you mean for putting that one guy in his place.

The usual aftermath of taking someone down a peg or two.