Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Exclamation NAVA Gamer's Meeting, February 26th: "Marvel vs. NAVA 3"

NAVA = North Atlantic Videogame Aficionados. This is a FREE event bringing gamers together for competition, trading, and chatter.

Previously at NAVA...
    - Attendees prepared for the upcoming robot wars by tackling the new and hard-to-find Virtua On: Force for 360 (with twinsticks)!.
    - Gamers saved the last human family and compiled amazing high scores. The day's house champion was Ben DaCosta.
    - Several film crews attended to interview gamers in their natural habitat as well as grab some video and quotes for upcoming independent projects.
    - Games and systems traded hands between attendees who brought their own trade boxes.

Pictures tell it best!
    http://www.digitpress.com/images/store/

With the recent release of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 how could we NOT showcase such a landmark title at NAVA? So, the no-brainer tournament at 6pm will be Marvel vs. Capcom 3, XBox 360 edition, double elimination, best of 3, bring-your-own sticks (or use our controllers). It's 5 bucks to join and the winnings will be divvied up among the top 3 players with the winner grabbing 60% of the pot! Sign-ups begin at 3pm when NAVA officially starts.

As we are in a "Marvel" kind of mood, This month's arcade high score challenge will be "Marvel Land", a 1989 Namco platformer. The person who logs in the highest score by 8pm will get a $20 gift certificate for the Digital Press store and will be added to the new "house champion" tournament plaque on the Wall of Fame just above the arcade section of the store. Get your practicing in now!

Get your trade boxes in order and remember to wear your NAVA t-shirt to get the maximum discount on purchases... it's NAVA time!

RSVP (optional): http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=203768382972449
    When: Saturday, February 26th, 3pm to midnight.
    Where: Digital Press Videogames: http://tinyurl.com/yscakm
    What happens: Gaming, trading, tournaments, big prizes! Extra game stations are set up around the store. Attendance is FREE. Half price for kids!
    What can I bring?: Snacks, soda and beer are always appreciated. Cakes have been very popular as well.

Insert Coin (Level 0) LimeiBook86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome! I may be able to go this time around. I always love NAVA! Let's hope my Saturday stays free.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Everyone,

Just a heads up as I will be bringing some arcade items for sale. I will be bringing a supergun to sell. I'm asking $275 for the supergun. For those that don't know what a supergun is, it is a device that allows you to plug in arcade jamma boards and play them on your tv via either composite video or s-video. I will also be bringing in a 1069 in 1 arcade jamma board. This is a multijamma board, kind of like the "digital press" arcade game that is at the store. There are loads of fighters, shooters, and classic games to play on this game. I'm asking $325 for this board. I will also have a modded saturn in the box that I'm asking $125 for. I might be bringing some other goodies along as well. Let me know if you have any questions.

-mike

P.S. I can offer a deal if somebody is interested in buying both the supergun and the 1069-in-1 board together. All reasonable offers will be considered.
    Last edited by killersquirel; 02-21-2011 at 01:01 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Davedeadly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Darkwing26
    PSN
    Davedeadly29

if anyone happens to have the audio dongle that was sold with microsoft's hdmi cables(grey ones), let me know please. i included a picture of it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, Marvel land? I used to love the genesis version of that game. Maybe this will finally be my chance to get my name on the hall of fame :-)

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by killersquirel View Post
    Let me know if you have any questions.

-mike
    Where do babies come from?
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Where do babies come from?
    From baby formula.

When mommy drinks baby formula the baby goes inside, when the baby comes out you keep feeding it baby formula to make it bigger.

(It a hell of alot easier to explain it to a 3 year old when they say how did mommy get pregnant!)
    I'm just trying to keep from losing my mind!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for clearing that up. I'd just assumed they come from Buy Buy Baby.
    "A 'Radical Centrist' ??? Isn't that like being a Take-No-Prisoners Pussy? " - Stephen Colbert
    My Resume
    My Blog

Insert Coin (Level 0) IKilledLassic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    zeds_deadbaby

Hello all. First post and I will being going to my first NAVA. First, any particular beer you guys like? I'm a Heineken, Sam Adams guy, so I will probably be bringing that.

My GF and I will probably be leaving Long Island around 5, so I hope to see you guys before the tourney starts.
    Any suggestions on what items to bring to sell or trade? I have a ton of doubles on NES, Genesis, etc, but I'm sure the store has the same thing. In other words, do people usually bring odd items?

Anyway looking forward to meeting you all.

Sean
    Last edited by IKilledLassic; 02-22-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Welcome Sean,

Any kind of beer is appreciated. I usually change it up and bring different beers such as Hoegarden, Asahi, Soporro, Rolling Rock, etc. I know Joe likes Miller Genuine Draft, but we're not picky.

As for stuff to bring to trade/sell I would recommend bringing any of your doubles that you'd like to try and get rid of and as someone who usually brings odder items, I would recommend that as well. The stores stock is always changing and I always let customers know to check these forums if there is something that they particularly looking for.

The tournament starts at 6pm with signups happening around 5 (maybe earlier), so if you want to be in the tournament I'd recommend trying to get to the store at around 5 or so. Be sure to introduce yourself and be prepared to have a good time.

Welcome.

-mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cataractula
    PSN
    CTRCT

I'll be there, as usual. This is the first time I'm going to bring my fully customized TE Arcade Stick to the store, even though it's meant for Street Fighter rather than MvC3.

To be honest, MvC3 has grown past it's initial shock, and I'm not really enjoying it too much. If anyone would want to pick up my copy on the cheap, send me a PM and we'll talk about it. It's still tentative as to whether or not I'm going to sell it, but still, send me a PM if you're interested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    R0NACK

I will definitely be there. I will selling a few things if anyone is interested let me know ahead of time.

Nintendo Wii system (white) $80
    Super Smash Brothers Brawl $30
    360 marvel edition fightpad $40
    mad catz street fighter fightpad (Cammy) $40
    Mario vs Donkey Kong Nintendo Ds $15
    White nintendo classic controller $10

I'm a reasonable person so I am willing to negotiate on those prices. Let me know ahead of time of anyone is interested in any of this.
    Last edited by Ronack; 02-24-2011 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm already scheduled for tomorrow morning until around 2pm, and I need to be at a formal dinner event at 6pm, so I'll probably NOT attend this month.

BUT, I'm looking for an inexpensive replacement XBox 360 case. I saw some great-looking cases online for around $40-50, but I don't want to spend that much.

If anyone planning on attending has one you're looking to unload, let me know. I may be able to stop by for a quick, early appearance in the afternoon.

Thanks
    "A 'Radical Centrist' ??? Isn't that like being a Take-No-Prisoners Pussy? " - Stephen Colbert
    My Resume
    My Blog

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default howdy

new guy here. Just wanted to say I had a really good time at NAVA and if anyone is interested you can check out a vid of the event here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkdqNbFBTXY

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by Ronack View Post
    I will definitely be there. I will selling a few things if anyone is interested let me know ahead of time.
    I think I just matched a handle to a face. If I'm right, we way under-offered on the Mad Catz pad. In future, feel free to invoke the right of NAVA TRADE... that's basically you and I in a non-store-related trade. This is something every NAVA attendee should know!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    R0NACK

Yeah I thought she told me 50 for the trade and even I thought that was a little high for the pad, but I didn't bother to double check the stub she gave me and when I got home I saw I only got 15 for it. Its my fault I should have been paying attention.