I hate posting my first post, I always feel like I should include a "Hi this is me" song and dance with it, but read my bio if you want that :P Okay, so like my title suggests, I'm looking for information on Hexx: Heresy Of The Wizard. Namely, I'm looking for help in making this game W O R K! Here's my issue(s): (Sorry it got so long)

Please note, I own a legitimate copy of this game, however the disk is damaged (Cigarette Smoke, Dust and moisture damage) and is beyond use and repair.

The year was 1995 - or so - and I ended up shelving this game, having never finished it, with the intentions of doing so "One day". Exactly why I don't know, however, over the course of the 16 next years I NEVER got around to it, and in fact the game was stored, poorly, and essentially left to rot, which it basically did... Fast Forward to last week, I see something that sparks my memory about the game, and instantly have that mind-sundering NEED to play and finally beat Hexx.

Now, even if you ignore the fact that my original disk was toast, being a 16 year old game I can't just pop it into my 2 month old computer running 7 and expect it to work in any way shape or form. So obviously I had to go find a copy of the game online, and something to make it run, and my search didn't take long. I found DOSBox, and from what I've heard it's pretty ok, and I found two copies of Hexx, I installed DOSBox, extracted the files and ran Hexx, and everything worked BEAUTIFULLY!

Fast Forward about 7 hours, I pluck a gem from a wall that initiates a cut-scene and DOSBox crashes outright. The music hangs up on a single midi "note" and the screen simply goes black. I tried with both copies of the game, and they both work, and they both crash at the same time, and in fact both have the same minor bug. So I'm not confident it's just DOSBox giving me a hard time. My question is, are any of you here willing to finish my damned novel here and lend me a hand in fixing this stupid problem??? In summary, do you think this is DOSBox screwing up, or do I have a corrupted version of the game? And if it is DOXBox, what, if any, are the possible solutions or alternatives?

Thanks for your help