Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CL NES lot w/ Bubble Bobble 2 and Snow bros (both boxed)

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default CL NES lot w/ Bubble Bobble 2 and Snow bros (both boxed)

What do you think of this lot? My goal would to keep the Bubble Bobble 2 and Snow Bros. carts and part out the rest of the lot. Can I break even or close to it?

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ws...228217992.html

No pictures, and emailing him didn't produce any, but I did talk to him and he says it is all in excellent condition, so lets assume very good on the two boxes in question. He seems firm on his price.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Flagged.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    Flagged.
    That's weird. Not sure why it would have been flagged. I had it cached, so for my curiosity I'll post it here to see what you all think...

Selling my collectors NES set with 30 awesome games in excellent shape! I bought it brand new in 1988 and it comes with 2 controllers, light gun, 3 hard shell game cases that hold all the games. I took great care and pride in the system and games keeping boxes and manuals with them. These games are not video store rentals all beat up, they are my own personal set. I also have the original box for the system and controllers!

Most games have boxes and manuals which are very rare! Adult owned and played so very well taken care of, comes from non smoker home. Some games are very rare and worth a lot.

I will sell the whole set for $550 complete! email me your phone number and I will call serious buyers.

Zelda with manual and box

Blades of Steel with manual and box

Contra with manual

Tecmo Super Bowl with manual and box

Super Dodgeball

Super Spike Volleyball with manual

Punchout with manual and box

World Cup Soccer with manual and box

RBI baseball

RBI baseball 2 with manual

Double Dragon with manual

Battle Toads with manual and box

Bionic Commando with manual

Millipede with manual

RC Pro Am with manual and box

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with manual

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 with manual

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 with manual

Mighty Final Fught

River City Ransom with manual

Donkey Kong Classics with box

Galaga with manual and box

Super Mario 1 with manual and box

Super Mario 2

Super Mario 3

Dr. Mario with manual

Snow Brothers with box

Bubble Bobble 2 with box

Kirbys Adventure with manual and box

Ms. Pacman with manual and box

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Would depend on a few things: Which version of Punch Out is it? If MTPO, does it have the letter? Which version of Ms. Pac-Man? I'd say you'd get within a hundred or one-fifty if you sold everything including the boxes to Snow Bros and BB 2, closer depending on the answers to those three questions.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I'd say around $200 since there's a system included and some of those games are worth $10-$20 each complete. That's the most I'd be willing to pay for the lot, I'd also want to keep the same games you want and maybe a couple others too. Like you I would also want to break even after keeping what I want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

^ I doubt the guy would ever fly at $200. I mean seriously, have you seen what Bubble Bobble 2 w/ a box alone goes for these days? This guy is a little on the high side if he's not willing to negotiate, but $200 is a pipe dream. I wonder why he got flagged...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DoggWhiskey

bubble bobble 2 in box should be $200 by itself
    Life is like a hurricane...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

More than that. That entire lot is probably worth it if the BB2 box is in decent shape.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I went by what Cornelius was asking in the original post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    My goal would to keep the Bubble Bobble 2 and Snow Bros. carts and part out the rest of the lot. Can I break even or close to it?
    If you're going to be keeping those 2 games and want to break even by selling the rest, you'd have to get everything for around $200 or less. I doubt there's any way to break even at the seller's asking price unless you'd sell off those games too.

I do see complete copies of Bubble Bobble 2 in excellent shape going for around $300, I still wouldn't pay that much for a copy. I would stand by my original post of $200 maximum for everything, that's just my limit on what I would be willing to spend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For that lot? I'd probably try and get him down to $450 or so, if you wanted to try and make those Bubble Bobble 2 and Snow Brothers essentially free after selling the rest of the lot. Even his asking price really isn't that bad, but I'd shoot for $450 (just to try, if nothing else...and if he doesn't bite at $450, try $475 or $500 even).
    World's greatest Internet game store: http://blastedmachines.com

Also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/BlastedMachinesTechShop

Wanted: Any and all Dragon Quest, Lufia/Estpolis, Tales of series, and NIS games, strategy guides, and miscellaneous items. Will pay $$$ or trade well for items I don't already have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DoggWhiskey

Show up with $400 cash.
    Life is like a hurricane...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I went by what Cornelius was asking in the original post.

If you're going to be keeping those 2 games and want to break even by selling the rest, you'd have to get everything for around $200 or less. I doubt there's any way to break even at the seller's asking price unless you'd sell off those games too.

I do see complete copies of Bubble Bobble 2 in excellent shape going for around $300, I still wouldn't pay that much for a copy. I would stand by my original post of $200 maximum for everything, that's just my limit on what I would be willing to spend.
    He said he would be keeping the carts, not the boxes. If he sells the boxes, he can get at least $150 for those two. No way the rest of the stuff is worth $50 or under.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Well, I emailed with the guy some more and he wouldn't move much on price. He said he had an offer of 150 for the 2 games, so I said I'd give him 175 for them or 475 for the lot. Then I get this:
    well in the past half hour my coworker here informed me to look at ebay because I was below the value. Wow I found out there are only a couple bubble bobble 2's and with boxes they are going for $200-400 just for that game. Snow bros is minumally going for $100 for that one so just these 2 games are going for total of $300-500.

I didnt realize the value in just these 2. I turned down the offer from the other guy who offered me $150. I would have been so upset if I would have sold them so cheap and found this out after.

I need to re think all of this and what I'm asking for the whole set as well because now those 2 games bring in a minimum of $300 just for them. I'm sorry, I havent sold NES games before and should of looked at ebay first to determine values. Now I'm confused.
    I think he's full of BS. I had asked to see pictures of those two and on the phone yesterday he referred me to eBay to see what they looked like, and also said that those two games were really rare. He's either been playing games with his price or he thinks the stuff is worth a lot more than it is if he indeed didn't know the worth of those 2.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Dude, why did you ask for specific pics of those games? If he didn't know that they were worth something, you asking for just those two would raise a flag with almost anyone. You kinda boned yourself if he truly didn't know the value of either. The other interested party also fucked up, so now the guy has two people offering big bucks for only 2 games? Big red flags.

With something as tender as this, you need to offer for the lot and ignore the individual parts. Sure, more info and more pics give you a better idea of what you're getting into, but CL is fast moving, especially the closer to reality you are. A great deal can be picked up and gone in hours. The less hassle you give the person, the more chance you have that you can swoop in and get it before anyone else does and before the seller realizes what they're giving away.

I had a nice NES lot in my sights that I literally made a solid offer on within a half hour of its posting, the seller got back to me once saying she accepted. Before I left work at the end of the day to get it, she said she was selling the game individually for more money because she checked eBay. Some nice stuff, all CVs and SMBs complete, other odds and ends complete. After she did that, I didn't bother with it.

Since people are stupid, I'm thinking he told you to go to eBay and that the two games were "really rare" as part blowoff because he couldn't be bothered to supply pics to you, part thinking you're clueless and will overpay for what he thinks is worthless.

He shouldn't be upset if he sold them so cheap. He should beat himself up for being an uninformed goober.
    Last edited by portnoyd; 02-23-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post

I think he's full of BS. I had asked to see pictures of those two and on the phone yesterday he referred me to eBay to see what they looked like, and also said that those two games were really rare. He's either been playing games with his price or he thinks the stuff is worth a lot more than it is if he indeed didn't know the worth of those 2.
    This is why I would love if Ebay would just die already. Things like this piss me off to no end...even PAWN SHOPS are now checking Ebay for "reference". What, they can't determine the value for themselves? Simply incredible.

Sure, if Ebay would disappear, that would imply that many of us that get games through it will loose an invaluable asset. But at the same time, I believe the true "heart" of collecting will be achieved, like it used to be when I first started collecting games in the late 80's, early to mid 90's...BEFORE a price was placed on the titles (so no price guides either). Sure, many will take Ebay's place, but to actually become the entity Ebay is now is very hard to achieve.

But I digress.

I personally would not contact him anymore. Something tells me he now wants massive amounts ever since he "found out" (which I think is BS also) they are rare games. His entire story reeks of BS to me... like a bait and switch of sorts.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's fine because he won't get MORE than what he's asking, so in a few months when his ad is still sitting there with no takers you can hit him up again if you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Dude, why did you ask for specific pics of those games? If he didn't know that they were worth something, you asking for just those two would raise a flag with almost anyone. You kinda boned yourself if he truly didn't know the value of either. The other interested party also fucked up, so now the guy has two people offering big bucks for only 2 games? Big red flags.
    What do you think the lot is worth in total? Parted out the whole thing only looked to me to be worth about his asking price of 550, maybe up to 650, but I thought the high end doubtful after fees. So I totally assumed he knew the value of those games, in which case singling them out doesn't matter. Bad assumption, I guess, but even if he didn't know about those two games, he was still asking too much for me.

I'm well aware of how CL works and like you I never ask to split up lots for something in particular.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I had a nice NES lot in my sights that I literally made a solid offer on within a half hour of its posting, the seller got back to me once saying she accepted. Before I left work at the end of the day to get it, she said she was selling the game individually for more money because she checked eBay. Some nice stuff, all CVs and SMBs complete, other odds and ends complete. After she did that, I didn't bother with it.
    I meant to quote this part too... I had a deal nearly fall apart while I was in transit within about half an hour of the post going up. In fact, the original deal did fall through because the guy got a better offer on a couple of the games while I was driving there (about a 20 min. drive). I still got those games, but I ended up buying more of his stuff (it was all individually priced initially) than we had agreed on. Can read about it here (http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...y+2010&page=14) partway down if anyone cares. So yeah, I feel your pain and have completely lost out on agreed upon deals before, too.

Since people are stupid, I'm thinking he told you to go to eBay and that the two games were "really rare" as part blowoff because he couldn't be bothered to supply pics to you, part thinking you're clueless and will overpay for what he thinks is worthless.

He shouldn't be upset if he sold them so cheap. He should beat himself up for being an uninformed goober.
    This could very well be. I sometimes forget the extent of stupidity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusclimber View Post
    No way the rest of the stuff is worth $50 or under.
    The rest of the stuff isn't worth $50? Where I am I can sell loose Zeldas for $10 each, same with Punch-Out, Contra, River City Ransom, Kirby's Adventure, and maybe Donkey Kong Classics too as I used to also sell it for that much. With several of those games being complete I could get at least $10 each for them too if not more. The system I can get $30 for. I honestly think I would be able to get $150-$200 for everything else besides those 2 valuable games(I would be keeping the boxes).

As a side note, I almost got a copy of Bubble Bobble 2 for free from a co-worker a few years ago. We were talking about old games and he mentioned how he had the second Bubble Bobble game, he got it for $5 at a flea market and was sure it had the "Part 2" on the label. I even told him that it was worth quite a bit but he didn't really care about that, he still offered to give it to me once he found it as his old games were packed away in storage. I ended up changing jobs soon after that so I missed out, a bit disappointing but I expect I'll find a cheap copy eventually.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    The rest of the stuff isn't worth $50? Where I am I can sell loose Zeldas for $10 each, same with Punch-Out, Contra, River City Ransom, Kirby's Adventure, and maybe Donkey Kong Classics too as I used to also sell it for that much. With several of those games being complete I could get at least $10 each for them too if not more. The system I can get $30 for. I honestly think I would be able to get $150-$200 for everything else besides those 2 valuable games(I would be keeping the boxes).
    What I had meant to say is that there's no way that stuff isn't worth over $50. I was specifically responding you saying that if the OP does what he said he would do (keep those two carts and sell everything else including the boxes for those two carts) he would only break even if he spent $200. That makes no sense, but now you are saying that doesn't include the boxes even tho the OP stated he'd keep the carts, not the boxes. Am I missing something? I guess it's a moot point now, but yeah.
    Last edited by mobiusclimber; 02-23-2011 at 09:13 PM.