Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CL NES lot w/ Bubble Bobble 2 and Snow bros (both boxed)

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusclimber View Post
    You keep waffling back and forth between saying two things: 1) you're answering the OPs question of whether he'd be able to make his money back if he kept those two carts; and 2) what YOU would do and how much YOU'D sell it for and what YOU'D keep. These two things are at odds. When you brought up point #1, I quoted that and stated that if OP did what he said he was going to do (keep the carts ONLY, not the boxes), then those two boxes would bring in at least $150. Which is why I was so incredulous when your next statement was "If you're going to be keeping those 2 games and want to break even by selling the rest, you'd have to get everything for around $200 or less. I doubt there's any way to break even at the seller's asking price unless you'd sell off those games too." How is it that if he sells the boxes for those two games + the rest of the CIB stuff, he wouldn't be able to make more than $200 on everything? This is the question I had with your assertion, but you keep going back to what YOU would do, not what the OP would do (and misunderstanding my point that the rest of the stuff would sell easily for well over $50). BTW, next time you get some CIB Zeldas and Punch-Outs, I'll gladly pay $10 and shipping for em!
    Did Cornelius say he would sell off the boxes? If so I misinterpreted that, I thought he meant he would keep those 2 games with the packaging and sell off the rest. I thought you meant $150 for all the rest of the games with system, not for just those 2 boxes. I meant $200 for the rest of the games and system, nothing to do with the boxes for those 2 games. I guess with the boxes included it would be $350? I'm not up to date on the value of loose boxes.

I guess I was a bit confusing with how I worded everything. Basically, what Cornelius wants to do is the same thing I would want to do with that lot. When I said what I would do with the lot, it's how I would part it out to accomplish the same basic goal as Cornelius has(keep Bubble Bobble 2 and Snow Bros, part out the rest). If I managed to break even and still had some other games left over I would keep them too, otherwise I'd just want to keep Bubble Bobble 2 and Snow Bros. My main goal would be to break even while keeping those 2 games, just like Cornelius wants to.

It's been awhile since I've found complete copies of Zelda or Punch-Out, usually I just come across loose carts and can get $10 each for them when I do manage to find them. Keep in mind, the copies I usually come across are the Canadian version, they're worth the same amount as the US ones up here though you might specifically want the US version. When complete I would ask for more than $10 unless I was selling a bunch of games together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DoggWhiskey

I wouldn't let the guy screw around with me any longer. Give him an ultimatum.

Inform him that you can always go to eBay as well if you want to pay full price for the games, but that you would rather deal locally. Give him a cash offer for everything, inform him that he has a buyer right now today isntead of dealing with ebay fees, paypal fees and shipping as he would on eBay.
    Life is like a hurricane...

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Did Cornelius say he would sell off the boxes? If so I misinterpreted that, I thought he meant he would keep those 2 games with the packaging and sell off the rest. I thought you meant $150 for all the rest of the games with system, not for just those 2 boxes. I meant $200 for the rest of the games and system, nothing to do with the boxes for those 2 games. I guess with the boxes included it would be $350? I'm not up to date on the value of loose boxes.
    Ok I gotcha now. I might be reading too much into the original post, but I thought he meant he would just keep the carts b/c he called them "carts" rather than "games" (in a way that was a bit grammatically torturous to do, but seems we're all doing that in this thread). And sorry for being so grouchy, I'm operating on no sleep since about 6pm yesterday. XD I shouldn't be posting on here. (I did completely edit my original post, you were just too quick for me, )
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Ok I gotcha now. I might be reading too much into the original post, but I thought he meant he would just keep the carts b/c he called them "carts" rather than "games" (in a way that was a bit grammatically torturous to do, but seems we're all doing that in this thread). And sorry for being so grouchy, I'm operating on no sleep since about 6pm yesterday. XD I shouldn't be posting on here. (I did completely edit my original post, you were just too quick for me, )
    It's alright, after I posted I saw that your post was edited so I figured as much. And I wasn't sure by what Cornelius meant by "carts", either as games or literally just the cartridges. Technically Nintendo insisted on them being called "Game Paks" instead of cartridges so they're not "carts".

This is what originally made me think you meant $150 for everything, including the boxes.
    I'd say you'd get within a hundred or one-fifty if you sold everything including the boxes to Snow Bros and BB 2, closer depending on the answers to those three questions.
    Looking at your later posts I see you meant $150 for just the boxes, but then I misread that "$50 or under" bit as "No way, the rest of the stuff is worth $50 or under" which just confused me about the previous stuff. This whole thread is getting to be a "Who's on first?" kind of experience.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh geez, I must not have been making much sense in this thread at all. XD What I meant by the "within one hundred or one-fifty" was I thought he could get around $400 or so if he sold everything besides the two carts. Gah, I need to proof-read my posts better.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com