Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 349

Thread: March 2011 Finds

  1. #21
    Strawberry (Level 2) Vlcice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    534
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEGA_Queen View Post
    I feel like a kid at Christmas right now. Why? Because my copy Solatorobo arrived this morning! I was too busy with other stuff to check the mail. So I didn't realize it had come in, until my Dad looked and found the package in the box we have for our newspapers.

    Anyway, I opened it up and discovered that Play-Asia had sent me a copy of the Solatorobo Prelude Disc along with the game. I wasn't expecting to get the disc, since it was a preorder item.

    I've only played up to the first save point, but I'm loving the game so far! Later, I'm going to figure out how to download the Wi-Fi quests.
    Interesting they've still got them! The prelude disc actually wasn't a preorder item, but it was supposed to only ship with the first run of copies - like the Chrono Trigger DS CD. Glad you got one. I still need to watch mine.

    The wi-fi quests are pretty straightforward to download, luckily. I think the menu translation blog covered them at one point.

    PS - let me know if you ever figure out what the greyed-out quests are about. I'm still trying to figure that out.

  2. #22
    Peach (Level 3)
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    600
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default



    Found this for 5 bucks. 2 AA batteries and one stop at radioshack for a watch batter later and bam, works flawlessly. Woot.

  3. #23
    Pretzel (Level 4) Goodwill Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    988
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    The Goodwill by my house got in a ton of new, shrinkwrapped DS games priced as follows:

    DS Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - $6.99
    DS Alice in Wonderland - $6.99
    DS Bakugan Battle Brawlers: Defenders of the Core with Limited Edition Bakugan Action Figure - $9.99
    DS Zhu Zhu Pets 2: Wild Bunch with Zhu Zhu Hamster Toy - $9.99
    DS Kung Zhu with Kung Zhu Hamster Toy - $9.99

    There were about 50 of the Kingdom Hearts and at least 200 of the Alice in Wonderland games in the open glass case. I would guess there were about 30 each of the games with toys scattered between the open glass case and the toy shelves. Picked up a few copies of the first 2 games, but not the ones with the toys. No Target stickers on the games, so I have no idea where they came from...weird.

    Rich
    Tomorrow's Past is Yesterday's Future Today!

  4. #24
    I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    PapaStu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Posts
    8,683
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goodwill Hunter View Post
    The Goodwill by my house got in a ton of new, shrinkwrapped DS games priced as follows:

    DS Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - $6.99
    DS Alice in Wonderland - $6.99
    DS Bakugan Battle Brawlers: Defenders of the Core with Limited Edition Bakugan Action Figure - $9.99
    DS Zhu Zhu Pets 2: Wild Bunch with Zhu Zhu Hamster Toy - $9.99
    DS Kung Zhu with Kung Zhu Hamster Toy - $9.99

    There were about 50 of the Kingdom Hearts and at least 200 of the Alice in Wonderland games in the open glass case. I would guess there were about 30 each of the games with toys scattered between the open glass case and the toy shelves. Picked up a few copies of the first 2 games, but not the ones with the toys. No Target stickers on the games, so I have no idea where they came from...weird.

    Rich

    Oh they came from Target, I just bet they were sitting in the back somewhere and had never been stickered.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

  5. #25
    Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    493
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlcice View Post
    The wi-fi quests are pretty straightforward to download, luckily. I think the menu translation blog covered them at one point.

    PS - let me know if you ever figure out what the greyed-out quests are about. I'm still trying to figure that out.
    Well, I successfully downloaded the extra quests. But I'm not sure what you mean by "grayed out quests". Are you referring to the "Check Quests" option in the Wi-Fi menu? When I went into that option it showed all of the quests I downloaded, but they were all grayed out.

    I seem to remember reading somewhere that you can't access the downloaded quests until your second play-through of the game. I've also heard that you have to play through the game three times to unlock some sort of extra. I have no idea what it is though.

    I watched the Prelude Disc and it has two Trailers for the game, both anime openings from the game, and two interviews with the game's developers. I kind of wish they had included some conceptual art on the disc, but I got it free so I can't really complain.

  6. #26
    Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    shoeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia
    Posts
    52
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Went to Value Village while waiting for the power to come back on at work around 10:30 this morning and picked up some NES games for $5.99 each:

    Tiny Toon Adventures
    Snow Brothers w/box

    I was pretty stoked to grab that while I would normally have been working.
    Also received New Ghostbusters 2 and FC Genjin in the mail from Japangamestock.com

  7. #27
    Pear (Level 6) Xexyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,239
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Got a Japanese Neo Geo CD off of Craigslist yesterday from a local collector. $80 bucks, it came with 8 games which are KoF 94, KoF 95, KoF 97, KoF 98, Samurai Spirits, Samurai Spirits II, Real Bout: Garou, and ASO II. No cases unfortunately.



    I'm probably going to sell off all the games save for ASO II. I enjoy vs. fighters, but I'm well aware of the Neo Geo CD's atrocious loading times, and they make the vs. fighting games pretty much unbearable to play. Besides, I picked up all the SNK fighting game anthologies for the PS2.

  8. #28
    DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Kitsune Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Calexico, USA
    Posts
    13,853
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xexyz View Post
    I'm probably going to sell off all the games save for ASO II. I enjoy vs. fighters, but I'm well aware of the Neo Geo CD's atrocious loading times, and they make the vs. fighting games pretty much unbearable to play. Besides, I picked up all the SNK fighting game anthologies for the PS2.
    I hope you bought the import version of Orochi Saga, because the US version is a bugged up mess of a game.

    Anyway. I went to the flea market, found a copy of The Neverhood in a small binder, but the booth clerk refused to sell the disc to me because apparently, the booth owner told her that he was keeping the binder. Then WHY THE HELL WAS THE BINDER IN THE PILE OF THINGS TO CLEAR OUT? Agh. So a little while later I saw a guy with a cartful of books and CDs... He gives a really cheap price to someone who got there before me so I took a gamble, grabbed almost every CD he had (and one book), asked for a price - and he said $4!


    William Gibson: Pattern Recognition (SIGNED)
    The J. Geils Band Live - Blow Your Face Out
    V/A - The Tango Lesson original soundtrack
    Elton John - The One
    World Saxophone Quartet - M'Bizo
    Eddie Cochran - Greatest Hits
    V/A - Casino Original Soundtrack
    The Chieftains - Santiago
    The Chieftains - An Irish Evening (live)
    Profile: Best of Emmylou Harris
    Bruce Springsteen - Lucky Town
    Tin Hat Trio - Helium
    Leahy - Leahy
    Alannah Myles - Alannah Myles (promo)

    A little while later as I was about to leave, I saw another booth - this guy had a suitcase full of CDs, and he said "Three for a buck" so...

    Flamin Groovies - Supersnazz
    Hoagy Carmichael with The Pacific Jazzmen - Hoagy Sings Carmichael
    Branford Marsalis - I Heard You Twice The First Time
    V/A - A Life Less Ordinary soundtrack
    Bukka White - Big Daddy
    Ani Difranco - Not A Pretty Girl
    PC game: Tower of Fear

    I gave him $3 for that.

    I have no idea who many of these artists are, or the kind of music they play, but I figured it was worth the gamble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

  9. #29
    Bell (Level 8) DKTheArcadeRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Medford, New Jersey
    Posts
    1,781
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DKTheArcadeRat

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post
    Found this guy at Gamestop for $17.
    Do want.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    ebay is the only way to price things in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    i was like nice parenting, what are you my therapist, take a walk

  10. #30
    ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Cornelius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wrong Place, Wrong Time
    Posts
    3,776
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    72
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    25
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Flamin Groovies - Supersnazz
    Hoagy Carmichael with The Pacific Jazzmen - Hoagy Sings Carmichael
    Branford Marsalis - I Heard You Twice The First Time
    V/A - A Life Less Ordinary soundtrack
    Bukka White - Big Daddy
    Ani Difranco - Not A Pretty Girl
    PC game: Tower of Fear

    I gave him $3 for that.

    I have no idea who many of these artists are, or the kind of music they play, but I figured it was worth the gamble.
    I really like Ani Difranco myself, but from what I've seen I doubt you'll like it. To be more clear, you seem to like crap, Ani is good, so you won't like it.
    Hehe. Ani isn't for everyone, but that's a pretty good album. 32 flavors got some play in an NFL ad featuring some player that has number 32. Pretty funny for the NFL to use an Ani song at all if you ask me, but they probably didn't listen to the words

  11. #31
    DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Kitsune Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Calexico, USA
    Posts
    13,853
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    I really like Ani Difranco myself, but from what I've seen I doubt you'll like it. To be more clear, you seem to like crap, Ani is good, so you won't like it.
    Hehe. Ani isn't for everyone, but that's a pretty good album. 32 flavors got some play in an NFL ad featuring some player that has number 32. Pretty funny for the NFL to use an Ani song at all if you ask me, but they probably didn't listen to the words
    I actually have two of her albums already, and had a third one years back (Little Plastic Castle) but I sold that one to an FYE for credit.

    I ripped the Flamin' Groovies album and god damn, that's one hell of a blind buy. It's pretty awesome - other than the stupid price sticker ON THE FRONT COVER. I mean, on the -actual- paper. I removed the sticker but there's still glue on it... gotta figure out a way to remove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

  12. #32
    Bell (Level 8)
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winooski, VT
    Posts
    1,770
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

    Default

    Nothing big but heres what i got

    both finds were at antique malls (i love antiquing! )

    First up remember i asked you guys about a power glove sensor. one of you guys said to get it just incase.. well i didn't get it even though it was still there.
    i found something slightly even better that i need to find a home for now haha


    Sears "Pong" power cable in really good shape no cuts no tears no anything like new pretty much. Kinda wish the dealer had the machine to go with it but hey now i got a cable just incase i find a pong machine missing its power cable or if someone needs a power cable for theirs
    Bought it for $1

    next find isn't video game related at all
    First off as you know i love antiques. Every item tells a story and i love stories so thats my bond with antiques.
    Well this while kinda newer is no exception

    its a original match box case. Alright kinda cool already what car does it have?

    well before i continue i must also tell you i am car guy. I love cars. I also like rally racing after purchasing my subaru wrx a few years back. So i saw this and it made me fall in love with it instantly

    you non rally/car people will instantly go "well what is it" i know
    Well what this is. Its 1983 match box brand new in its original case as you were to buy it in stores back in 1983.
    The car that it carries is a "Ford Escort RS200"

    this car is special because in Rally Racing's golden years (1970s-1980s) this car was winning races left and right due to its new fancy All Wheel Drive (AWD) system and turbo fed motor
    these cars were winning rallies right around the time this toy was made so very cool
    I bought this little guy for $5

  13. #33
    Mega Man (Level 19) The 1 2 P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The World Is Not Enough
    Posts
    11,193
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default



    Halo 3 Essentials(360) $5
    Blast Lacrosse(PS1) $3
    Kinect Sports(360) $4

    The Halo 3 essentials disc is the bonus disc that comes with the legendary edition of Halo 3. So I didn't get the cool Spartan helment but I ended up paying alot less(I already have mutiple copies of Halo 3) and it's sealed. Blast Lacrosse was in shitty condition due to the previous owner apparently dropping the entire case in water. Even though the water damage happened awhile ago the manual and back case art are permanently warped. Luckily I still was able to sell it for a decent price.

    Kinect Sports was actually marked $24.99(a Target return) and sat in the game case at that price in Goodwill for well over a month. It was heavily taped up over the entire case. Luckily I have a friend who works there and she charged me the much more affordable price of $4. After taking all the tape off the case and using some goobegone the damage had already set in and the case sleeves were badly warped. So I had to put it in a spare non-purple colored case but for $4 I can't really complain.



    Super Smash Bros(N64) $2
    Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards(N64) $2
    Virtual Vivid demo(3DO) $40

    The N64 games were more Goodwill finds. The Virtual Vivid demo was a rare find indeed, not for the disc itself but for the actual case. In the Digital Press Collector's Guide Advance edition Joe says this about the Virtual Vivid demo:

    An annoyance to collectors, packaging-wise. Don't bother looking for a CD cover or long box. The CD was originally sold shrinkwrapped in a generic CD case. Cheap bastards.
    There is nothing generic about this case, as it's a full color bi-fold case with a sleeve affixed to the inside to hold the disc and information and pictures on all of Vivid's current and future 3DO porn games, along with a diagram of a 3DO controller and how to navigate the movie screens and some other cool info. I'm not sure who does the price guide info but they are definitely going to want to update this one because finding this case is second only to finding the Air Raid case. Now if only this could sell for as much as that did
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 03-03-2011 at 06:52 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

  14. #34
    Insert Coin (Level 0) gamedude45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    113
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Itachi241
    PSN
    Itachi241
    3DS Friend
    0259-0445-4822

    Default

    These are actually from last week but I don't want to bump the Feb finds thread.



    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE - Free

    Gran Turismo 5 CE - $40

    Dragon Age: Origins CE - $20

    Bayonetta - $10

    Tactics Ogre (disc only) - $1.25

    Tactics Ogre (disc + manual) - $1

    Warhammer - $1

    Battle Hunter - $1

    American Mcgee's Alice - $1

  15. #35
    Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Gameguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Richmond Hill, Ontario (Canada)
    Posts
    7,464
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    44
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I removed the sticker but there's still glue on it... gotta figure out a way to remove it.
    Goo Gone. I remove stickers from NES and Gameboy boxes with it, first heat up the stickers with a hair dryer and use Goo Gone to clean up what's left. Usually you can't tell there was ever a sticker, just don't let it soak on the paper too long. I dab it up quickly immediately after removing the sticky stuff then use a damp paper towel(with water) to wipe off any excess.

  16. #36
    DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Kitsune Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Calexico, USA
    Posts
    13,853
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Goo Gone. I remove stickers from NES and Gameboy boxes with it, first heat up the stickers with a hair dryer and use Goo Gone to clean up what's left. Usually you can't tell there was ever a sticker, just don't let it soak on the paper too long. I dab it up quickly immediately after removing the sticky stuff then use a damp paper towel(with water) to wipe off any excess.
    ... I am not using that stuff on paper. WTF? WATER, TOO? D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

  17. #37
    Strawberry (Level 2)
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gatineau, QC
    Posts
    478
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    ... I am not using that stuff on paper. WTF? WATER, TOO? D:
    Lighter fluid. You put some on a paper towel and it should take away the glue without damaging the album. I do it all the time since it is not as strong as googone.

  18. #38
    Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Gameguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Richmond Hill, Ontario (Canada)
    Posts
    7,464
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    44
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    ... I am not using that stuff on paper. WTF? WATER, TOO? D:
    Isn't the paper glossy? I don't soak it and everything has been fine so far. I haven't tried manuals yet but NES and Gameboy boxes are fine. Value Village likes to put price stickers directly on those, same with book dust jackets for some stupid reason($79.99 in the display case with a the price stickered on it ).

    I did use some damp paper towels to clean some dirty Genesis manuals awhile back, every page was covered in dirt. Nothing ruined when I was done with them.

    I've heard of people using lighter fluid successfully, I just don't want to buy some as I don't need it for anything else.

  19. #39
    DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Kitsune Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Calexico, USA
    Posts
    13,853
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Isn't the paper glossy? I don't soak it and everything has been fine so far. I haven't tried manuals yet but NES and Gameboy boxes are fine. Value Village likes to put price stickers directly on those, same with book dust jackets for some stupid reason($79.99 in the display case with a the price stickered on it ).

    I did use some damp paper towels to clean some dirty Genesis manuals awhile back, every page was covered in dirt. Nothing ruined when I was done with them.

    I've heard of people using lighter fluid successfully, I just don't want to buy some as I don't need it for anything else.
    It's not really very glossy. Anyway... I don't have access to Goo Gone anymore (nobody stocks the stuff locally - the only store that did went bankrupt two years ago, and when I finally bought a bottle, my brother threw it out thinking it was garbage!) so I tried a bit of alcohol... and it worked. Mostly. I kinda faded out the artwork a teensy bit... ugh.

    Eh, it works. If I ever stumble upon another copy, I'll buy it and swap out the front insert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

  20. #40
    Strawberry (Level 2) Vlcice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    534
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEGA_Queen View Post
    Well, I successfully downloaded the extra quests. But I'm not sure what you mean by "grayed out quests". Are you referring to the "Check Quests" option in the Wi-Fi menu? When I went into that option it showed all of the quests I downloaded, but they were all grayed out.

    I seem to remember reading somewhere that you can't access the downloaded quests until your second play-through of the game. I've also heard that you have to play through the game three times to unlock some sort of extra. I have no idea what it is though.
    I've been able to access some of the quests my first time through. What I'm seeing is that some quests - mostly non-DLC ones - show up greyed out in the menu at the Quête stands in-game and can't be selected. Haven't figured out why yet.

    I watched the Prelude Disc and it has two Trailers for the game, both anime openings from the game, and two interviews with the game's developers. I kind of wish they had included some conceptual art on the disc, but I got it free so I can't really complain.
    There is concept art in the game itself. As you complete various game tasks, it'll unlock concept art in one of the airship menus. There's text with it too, but doesn't do you much good if you don't speak Japanese of course.

Similar Threads

  1. May 2011 Finds
    By ScourDX in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 434
    Last Post: 07-04-2011, 08:50 AM
  2. South Jersey Classic - Saturday, March 5th 2011
    By Drexel923 in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 04:05 PM
  3. Weekend Finds- March 6- March 7
    By MarioAllStar2600 in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 03-07-2004, 08:54 PM
  4. Midweek finds (March 24 - March 28)
    By dreamcaster in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 08:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •