Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Need Estimate on Japanese PS2 Lot

( Huge Picture )

http://i53.tinypic.com/1znaqle.jpg

60 games AND I a japanese ps2.

I'm pretty sure it's worth it but what do you guys think this would be worth all pieced out?

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I guess it's worth it, you didn't bother to mention any price so I'm assuming it's all free.

I'd guess it's worth around $60-$80 for everything including the console. Japanese games aren't worth that much here unless they're really good exclusive titles.

I have a Japanese copy of Star Ocean for PS2 that I can't get rid of for $5 and no game store near me wants to accept it as a trade in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well Online the games should sell for more right? $80.00 seems pretty low. At least the japanese ps2 should go for somewhere around $200.00.

Considering he's asking $350.00 it would have to be worth more than that for me to piece it all out.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I could be wrong then, I tend to value imports lower than domestic releases unless I know they're specifically desirable titles. Most of the games look like they've also been released in the US. Just looking on ebay for Japanese games I haven't seen any games with bids except one for $0.11 with free shipping included and another one at $0.01. There is a system with a $50 bid so I guess they are worth a good deal more than I thought.

Does anybody recognize any titles that stand out?

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

None of the games stood out to me except there's likely one of the Kingdom Hearts re-releases that goes for a little bit (like around $40 or so). They have goofy (hehe) subtitles like "+1 final mix" and crap like that. It's hard to tell from the pics tho. There's a few games there that weren't released in the US as well, but it's true that MOST Japanese releases of US titles aren't as desirable here. Depending on which version of the PS2 it is, it could be worth $50 to $200 (if it's a different color than what we got, if it's slim as opposed to phat, etc).
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Japanese PS2, in my mind, would be worth at least $75 on its own. Most of the games you have there are $2-$4 commons, with a scarce few exceptions (I see a Kingdom Hearts Final Mix in there...that one should be good for around $25 or so on its own, and I myself would pay about $7-$10 each for the rest of the RPGs...also, there's a Marvel vs. Capcom 2 in there (which, if it's the "For Japan Only" variant, goes for $35+)). I'd show him 3 extra-crispy $100 bills, and see what he says. And if you get the lot, I'd buy all the RPGs out of it, if you were to sell them .
    World's greatest Internet game store: http://blastedmachines.com

Also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/BlastedMachinesTechShop

Wanted: Any and all Dragon Quest, Lufia/Estpolis, Tales of series, and NIS games, strategy guides, and miscellaneous items. Will pay $$$ or trade well for items I don't already have.

Famicom Pirate Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah, none of those titles are very desirable, maybe 5-15.00 each IF you can even sell them (MvsC2 is the only exception I see, you can maybe get 40.00 if it is NOT the asian release and Japan only, otherwise its worth about 10). The System, if its a regular big ol' fat boy then its worth about 40-50.00 and if its slim (black) then about 50-75.00 and if its one of the colored slim imports (porcelain, red, blue) then upwards of 100.00, if the ps2 was new, then it would go for about 200.00-250

personally, I wouldnt touch that lot at any price, maybe 50-75 bucks for the games just to try to resell them (which would be a long process im sure, stuff like that baseball game and FIFA is worth ZILCH). Depending on the type of ps2 Id pay a bit more. the $350.00 asking price is ridiculous! (unless its like, the gold Gundam ps2 system or the midnight blue system, which I doubt it is.)

japanese ps2 is not very hot at the moment and really only the exclusive 2D fighters and Shooters and some rpg's is what brings in the real ching.
    Last edited by Parodius Duh!; 03-06-2011 at 12:38 AM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Parodius Duh! View Post
    ... (unless its like, the gold Gundam ps2 system or the midnight blue system, which I doubt it is.)
    What's the midnight blue console worth? I have that one and have been trying to sell it on the forums.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com