Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Looks pretty awesome to me. I like how the toys are set up on the shelf below the VG Cats poster, and the plushies on top of the huge case in the first picture is a nice touch. I personally wouldn't have the toys in any other place than them, but it's your game room! ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Beautiful collection. I like how you displayed the toys, but like alot of others here, I couldn't imagine my (meager in comparison) collection with alot of stuff in front of the games. My collectibles are all stacked on top of the shelving units .

One thing I always wonder with collections that involve toys or figures and open storage of games: how often do you dust all this? I hate dusting, but my stuff seems to get coated in a blanket of snow every month or so..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Collector_Gaming View Post
    you got a fiancée?
    damn
    women like you are a rare breed!
    Thats one cool collection!
    It's okay. One day you'll realize that your significant other sharing the same hobby is probably one of the least important qualities in a relationship and stops mattering once you've actually dated for a while.

Banana (Level 7) SamuraiSmurfette's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by calistarwind View Post
    Really nice game room and it is also nice to see another female gamers game room from time to time. I like the VG cats pic and you seem to be running out of room for strategy guides..I too have that problem.
    Yeah, I have a growing stack of guides that's not in the picture. Gonna have to move the figures on the top shelves soon...

Quote Originally Posted by armonigann View Post
    Edit: im pretty sure she don't keep the toys on the shelves at all times, Im sure that was just for the pic.......right?
    Nope, I keep em there.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    I'm also in the 'OCD clutter-free' camp or some of the others here. The consoles stacked on top one another for example would drive me a little batty, as would having media stacked in front of other media on the shelves. That's just a me thing, though.
    I don't like it either. If I had my way, I'd have a much larger room, with lots more shelves so I wouldn't have to do that. Alas, that cannot be so right now.

Quote Originally Posted by speedgtr View Post
    yeah definetly thanks for the pics ,serious stuff here!
    is there any chance we'll see the rest of the stuff?
    What stuff? Lemme know what you want to see, and I can snap some more pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Damaramu View Post
    Love the collection, but I too hate the clutter that the toys bring to it. Give them their own display area (if you can find a free one) and you're golden. As it is, it's a bit of an eye sore!
    Wish I could...I only get one "junk" room Sadly, that's only my favorite of toys. I have lots more actually. TMNT ALONE has a trunk full of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceHarrier View Post
    One thing I always wonder with collections that involve toys or figures and open storage of games: how often do you dust all this? I hate dusting, but my stuff seems to get coated in a blanket of snow every month or so..
    Every time I'm in there re-arranging/organizing, I take stuff off the shelves and swiffer. It's usually the second thing people notice. "Wow..you have so much cool stuff...and it's so CLEAN!"

Banana (Level 7) snes_collector's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Really nice collection, do you know how many games you actually own?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I do keep a list, but I had some problems with MS Office not saving my revisions a little while back, so it's not completely up to date. My list says over 3600, but I know I've got at least 100-200 that weren't updated properly. So probably closer to 4000.
    Theres a bunch of systems that aren't in the pictures:
    360/PS3/Wii
    NGPC, SFC, CD32, Atari (all), Game gear, lynx, etc.
    Some are in the room, just tucked away in corners, others packed away in boxes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I absolutely hate the toys, but love everything else. They just clutter everything up. I don't get the fascination a lot of gamers/collectors have over plushies and action figures littering their game shelves.

Gotta say, that's an interesting orientation you have your TG-16 set up there.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I also don't like the toys much either. I'm a Gundam fan but actually don't own any Gundam toys because I don't see the point, but everyone has their differences.

Other than that though, the collection looks nice. Very well organized.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I'm a toy guy so I love the toys, although it does look like it would be a pain in the ass to be constantly moving them each time you want to pull a game off a shelf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xexyz View Post
    Gotta say, that's an interesting orientation you have your TG-16 set up there.

Ahahaha. Was wondering if anyone would notice that

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSmurfette View Post
    Ahahaha. Was wondering if anyone would notice that
    Oh, I'm sure most of us noticed it; I know I did. I just didn't want to come across as knit-picky. I like to keep the positive:critical ratio balanced, or in favor of the favorable.

But since it was mentioned, yeah, that's a pretty funky console set up there.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Boy, people sure don't like figures. I wonder what you guys would say about mine. I have figures on many of my shelves, but they're strictly game-related and I'm really anal about about the spacing and balance of them. Generally only 5 per shelf, and I actually pull out a measuring tape to make sure they're evenly spaced for the most part.

Anyway, looks really good. The only criticisms I would make would be the games stacked on each other, which can damage the boxes or manuals (although I have to admit that I've done this a little myself when I can't avoid it, but I arrange so the heaviest are at the bottom and the stacks are short). That and, while the TV is cool as a collectible for being game-related, I wouldn't use it as my primary TV for classic gaming. I'll never understand why so many collectors will have thousands of games and pieces of merchandise, yet they'll have a puny little TV. Seems like such a waste. Maybe I'm just more of a gamer than a collector compared to others, but I got to have a nice big CRT for my classic systems. If I were you, I'd fill every inch of that TV slot of the entertainment center, especially now that people will practically pay you to take away their large, heavy CRT TVs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Boy, people sure don't like figures. I wonder what you guys would say about mine. I have figures on many of my shelves, but they're strictly game-related and I'm really anal about about the spacing and balance of them. Generally only 5 per shelf, and I actually pull out a measuring tape to make sure they're evenly spaced for the most part.
    I think that's the part that was irking me. I have various figures on alot of my shelves, but it's easy enough to slide one to the side and get to a game. It looks like you'd have to dismantle everything on the shelf to get to a single game in this situation.

That said, one thing that works for me is shelves that are rarely touched (Like game boxes or strategy guides) are the ones I can really pile up the stuff in front of them. I think it would look nicer if maybe you moved the strategy guides to the main shelves, and put figures in front of those.

Love the GXTV, I miss mine I actually got rid of it because of the sound problem too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I'm not going to be negative about your room.

I'm just going to sit here and be jealous of all your stuff. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome collection, Although it would get very annoying to me to have to keep moving the figures just to get out a certain game.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Boy, people sure don't like figures. I wonder what you guys would say about mine.
    I'm not sure it's that, really, I think it's that a lot of us don't like (perceived) clutter. That's usually the impression I get from mixed media, especially when it's things stacked in front of one another. It makes it seem more like a 'hoard' than an organized collection, IMO. But then I realize taste is subjective. One person's trash is another person's treasure, after all. I'm sure there are people who wouldn't think twice about torching a lot of the things in my collection.

Whether we appreciate the layout or not though, it's impressive and admirable when someone dedicates so much effort in pursuit of something they're passionate about.

That and, while the TV is cool as a collectible for being game-related, I wouldn't use it as my primary TV for classic gaming. I'll never understand why so many collectors will have thousands of games and pieces of merchandise, yet they'll have a puny little TV. Seems like such a waste. Maybe I'm just more of a gamer than a collector compared to others, but I got to have a nice big CRT for my classic systems. If I were you, I'd fill every inch of that TV slot of the entertainment center, especially now that people will practically pay you to take away their large, heavy CRT TVs.
    Man, I couldn't agree more. I'm ALWAYS having that conversation with my wife when we look at other dedicated game rooms. Granted, I don't have a large CRT (I don't have one at all anymore), but I plan to when I complete the second area of my game room which will be dedicated to vintage games. I do have a large wall mounted LCD, though.

The whole tiny television thing in massive, sprawling game hordes throws me, every time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That and, while the TV is cool as a collectible for being game-related, I wouldn't use it as my primary TV for classic gaming. I'll never understand why so many collectors will have thousands of games and pieces of merchandise, yet they'll have a puny little TV. Seems like such a waste. Maybe I'm just more of a gamer than a collector compared to others, but I got to have a nice big CRT for my classic systems. If I were you, I'd fill every inch of that TV slot of the entertainment center, especially now that people will practically pay you to take away their large, heavy CRT TVs.
    Never said it was my "Main" TV. I have a 42" Sony LCD for that. I like the samsung because it has gaming connections...and it's weird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

To the OP, quite an amazing and varied collection. Also, a very nice toy collection. Like others have said, not exactly my style in terms of display... but hey, if it makes you happy... more power to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    Man, I couldn't agree more. I'm ALWAYS having that conversation with my wife when we look at other dedicated game rooms. Granted, I don't have a large CRT (I don't have one at all anymore), but I plan to when I complete the second area of my game room which will be dedicated to vintage games. I do have a large wall mounted LCD, though.
    While I agree it's always struck me as ironic in regards to people with massive game "investments" and only having a very basic audio/video setup....

I'm actually opposite in thinking bigger generally equates to better in terms of video. For modern games, I tend to go for bigger screens. However, on older games (16bit and older) I actually prefer a smaller screen. The over pixelation bothers me a bit. Also playing on a smaller screen for me brings back a little nostalgia. Kids tended to not have the fanciest TV in their rooms.

Around the house, I've got 2 50 inchers, a 46" and a 37" (dedicated shmup setup) all hooked up with "modern" consoles to varying degrees. But when it comes to 16bit/8bit (and heck 2d "32bit" as well), I've got a small 25" & 20" Sony PVM CRT in RGB. Sometimes those feel a bit too big for me as well so I've got a little 13" WEGA (for non-RGB stuff) and a 13" Sony with a built-in japanese 21pin RGB socket.

__________________________________________________ ___

[ Severely Outdated Game Collection Pics ]
    [ My Multi-screen MADNESS!! ]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Not entirely on point but.. I knew a guy from work who had an estimated 5,000 cds (all of them heavy metal ) and the only thing he had to play them on was an Xbox (with a 19' tv). No surround sound system, no stereo, no PC.

Back to the topic: I'd like to see a video of this collection with close-ups!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks like a nice little collection, without a doubt on the road to a worthy collection!.
    Although IMO I really, really dislike the clutter the toys brings and is a big turn off, but each to there own
    zomg I have a sig