Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Thoughts on collecting digital games?

Strawberry (Level 2) allyourblood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not a fan of downloadable games and in fact, I can count the ones I've purchased on both hands (and all of those have been "paid for" with free gift cards or free d/l codes; nothing out of pocket). When games go completely download/authenticate only, I'm officially out for good. It won't be my loss however, as with my current physical collection, I'm not sure I could play every decent-to-excellent title I own before I died anyway. I'm currently "missing out" on current DL-only favorites, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest -- there's just too dang many good games that I can buy and actually own as it is. My physical game collection is a little ridiculous as it is -- there's no way I'd bother "collecting" something I can't physically possess, and I won't give anyone money for the displeasure, that's for sure.

And your total of $6000+ on Steam is amazing. I don't think I've spent that much on my entire collection! But like so many things in life, if it makes you happy, go for it.
    Last edited by allyourblood; 03-18-2011 at 07:54 PM.