Just a sidebar here.

If Hyperkin made a system that retailed for $129 to $159, our markup would be another 5-10%, the majority of profits would go to the retail outlet. The is intended, as retailers have a larger percent of overhead cost than we do. Could I accomplish a lot more with a 5-10% margin, not really.

Nobody gets rich making retro systems, we make more money selling cheap replacement cables and lately batteries. There are several folks who make absolutely great hardware, mostly custom, and I'll namedrop one here for anyone looking for a great Neo Geo MVS home console goto:

http://arcadeworks.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyaki View Post
I have to agree with you there.

The problem though is that the same target audience here who love the retro and love the idea of portability are by nature picky and difficult. In my opinion they might be making a mistake to go for affordability, when they could in fact sell these for $129 or even $159 and many of us would still be buying it so long as it's up to expectations.

There's a lot to be proud of with the Supaboy, the issues need to be solved but the concept is great.