Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Frankie, very very important question! How vivid is the output to the screen? I own a Yobo FC-16 GO which is another bulky portable SNES. It outputs a slightly blurry/fuzzy image to the screen because it feeds composite video to the screen, not the superior RGB. My one major hope for the Supaboy is that it's screen is being feed crystal clear RGB and not blurry composite. How clear is the LCD to your eye? Try out FFII (IV) to see how clear that white text on the blue field looks and also games with huge cartoony sprites like Megaman 7. PLEASE let me know! Thank you!

I really am hoping that the internal screen isn't being feed a composite signal like the FC-16 GO.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    Frankie, very very important question! How vivid is the output to the screen? I own a Yobo FC-16 GO which is another bulky portable SNES. It outputs a slightly blurry/fuzzy image to the screen because it feeds composite video to the screen, not the superior RGB. My one major hope for the Supaboy is that it's screen is being feed crystal clear RGB and not blurry composite. How clear is the LCD to your eye? Try out FFII (IV) to see how clear that white text on the blue field looks and also games with huge cartoony sprites like Megaman 7. PLEASE let me know! Thank you!

I really am hoping that the internal screen isn't being feed a composite signal like the FC-16 GO.
    Well, here's some mildly disappointing news,

When plugged in to a TV my Supaboy can ONLY be used with SNES control pads. Since the system itself doesn't come with any instructions I can only assume that this is normal operation.

I was kind of hoping that it would function like a NOMAD or PSP and allow you to control the games via the controls on the unit itself.

The good news is that it functions fine with SNES pads.

As far as the video output, it's standard AV output and where that is concerned it's about as good as most SNES clones I have.

The colors look good, there doesn't seem to be any distortion in the graphics (no screen tearing on fast scrolling) and the colors are pretty rich.

Unfortunately on my HDTV there's that standard color bleed that you see in most composite systems.

I'd say that the output is average. Nothing that wows me but I'm not put off by it. Sound is good and doesn't seem to carry over that high frequency whine that's coming from the unit when used by itself.
    Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 09-05-2011 at 10:35 AM.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Cherry (Level 1) leatherrebel5150's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

So is there any word of an official release date yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Oh no Frankie, you misunderstood. I meant how good is the video output to the built-in LCD screen. Is THAT RGB or composite? If it's composite it'll be slightly blurry/fuzzy. Please test out games with small white text (Final Fantasy II works best) and games with big sprites like Megaman 7. Please let me know the quality of the video to the internal screen. Thanks!
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Well, here's some mildly disappointing news,

When plugged in to a TV my Supaboy can ONLY be used with SNES control pads. Since the system itself doesn't come with any instructions I can only assume that this is normal operation.

I was kind of hoping that it would function like a NOMAD or PSP and allow you to control the games via the controls on the unit itself.

The good news is that it functions fine with SNES pads.

As far as the video output, it's standard AV output and where that is concerned it's about as good as most SNES clones I have.

The colors look good, there doesn't seem to be any distortion in the graphics (no screen tearing on fast scrolling) and the colors are pretty rich.

Unfortunately on my HDTV there's that standard color bleed that you see in most composite systems.

I'd say that the output is average. Nothing that wows me but I'm not put off by it. Sound is good and doesn't seem to carry over that high frequency whine that's coming from the unit when used by itself.
    So what happens when you connect controllers when using the built in screen?
    Do the built in controls still work as player 1, and the controller connected to the second port acts as player two?