Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Supaboy - New SNES handheld from Hyperkin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If any DP member here bought a system and is unhappy about the electric squeal sound (you should), please PM me for an exchange.

The squeal exists because the factory tried to slip a few hundred already made systems into our main shipment. The squeal is not acceptable and we have already switched to a new circuit design since the initial prototype phase.

Quote Originally Posted by MyTurnToPlay View Post
    Yeah, looks like they DID NOT bother to fix a damn thing.

The annoying and stupid high pitched squeal is still there. Check out youtube. A few people who already received theirs posted reviews. In EVERY SINGLE one you can clearly hear the irritating high pitched sound. Extremely ridiculous.

And the battery life seems to be lower than expected which is unacceptable in my opinion.

Either way, wait for the second revision. They weren't really serious with fixing the issues but instead wanted to get this out there and take advantage of the holiday season and people who rush to buy things. Wait till they get serious and resolve the current flaws. Great idea and product, but the way it stands now, NOT WORTH THE MONEY.

thank you.
    Last edited by tofu; 11-29-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by tofu View Post
    If any DP member here bought a system and is unhappy about the electric squeal sound (you should), please PM me for an exchange.

The squeal exists because the factory tried to slip a few hundred already made systems into our main shipment. The squeal is not acceptable and we have already switched to a new circuit design since the initial prototype phase.
    That's what I'm talkin' about!

THANK YOU!
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

That's a kind offer. I hope it doesn't affect the one I'm going to get. In case it does, I'm concerned that it will cost me a lot of extra money to do that since I'm assuming that I'll have to cover shipping the original unit and cover the cost of shipping of the replacement. Is that the situation?
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In most cases the retailer will take it back for an exchange, since all of them or most of them have already been contacted about possible consumer dissatisfaction.

If you bought it at a storefront (recommended), then you'll have to trek back, if you bought it online you'll have to ship it back.

If the retailer will not accept the exchange, you will have to ship it one way to Hyperkin and we will cover the return shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    That's a kind offer. I hope it doesn't affect the one I'm going to get. In case it does, I'm concerned that it will cost me a lot of extra money to do that since I'm assuming that I'll have to cover shipping the original unit and cover the cost of shipping of the replacement. Is that the situation?

Strawberry (Level 2) Pedro Lambrini's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is there an ETA for a release in the UK or will this remain an import only item for us across the pond?
    Pretty Fly for a Doom Guy...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

If the retailer will not accept the exchange, you will have to ship it one way to Hyperkin and we will cover the return shipping.
    I'd be okay with that so long as Hyperkin will ship it back to me in Canada. The real worry in case is that I'm buying mine from amazon, but they don't ship to Canada so I'm having it delivered to an American friend before he ships it off to me. If there's a problem once I get it, I'll have paid for shipping at least twice, and am not happy about the prospect of a third round of shipping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shipping to Canada is no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    I'd be okay with that so long as Hyperkin will ship it back to me in Canada. The real worry in case is that I'm buying mine from amazon, but they don't ship to Canada so I'm having it delivered to an American friend before he ships it off to me. If there's a problem once I get it, I'll have paid for shipping at least twice, and am not happy about the prospect of a third round of shipping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry bro, I've heard nothing about a UK release.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Lambrini View Post
    Is there an ETA for a release in the UK or will this remain an import only item for us across the pond?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

awesome. I'll have my friend take a look at it before he ships it off to me.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Once again and on behalf of all the clone system enthusiasts I'd like to give big props to Tofu and Hyperkin for listening closely to the community and taking major steps to handle a factory/production-side blunder.

Yes, still sucks that it happened, but hey, can't ask for much more than this. Most companies would've left us high/dry.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Strawberry (Level 2) Pedro Lambrini's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry bro, I've heard nothing about a UK release.
    Bugger.
    Pretty Fly for a Doom Guy...

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Lambrini View Post
    Bugger.
    if you need someone to send it to you, let me know. I do middleman services.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Finaly a reason to go outside. My Amazon.com Review of the Supaboy

If all the joy and happiness in the world could be somehow be put into a box, it would look something like the picture above. It's a portable Super Nintendo. That's right, portable. Sit up in bed and play Tetris Attack. Long car ride? Play Super Mario All Stars. Boring funeral? Donkey Kong Country. Sorry aunt Esther, you will be missed. I will track down all the Kong letters in your honor.

All Joking aside, this thing is excellent. I had some technical questions about the unit, and when i called Hyperkin's costumer service line i got a real person who was very helpful. They are truly a company who goes the extra mile, and stands by there products. This is what i like about the Supaboy.

The display is a beautiful

The buttons and D-pad are crisp and responsive

There is zero input lag, when you push B Mario jumps instantly

You can hook it up to your TV and use the original Super Nintendo Controllers.

It comes with a rechargeable battery. A Nokia battery that can be replaced. Or buy a stand alone charger, a few extra battery, and swap them.

Here are the games i have tested and work.

Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island

Gradius 3

Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2

Super Mario All Stars & World. Same cartage.

Sim City

Mortal Kombat

Super Mario Kart

Tetris & Dr. Mario

Tetris Attack

Super Mario RPG

F-Zero

Star Fox

So in conclusion i love the Supaboy. Its so bad. The day it came in the mail was the best day of my life. Take that birth of my son.

BUY ONE NOW!

PS: Extra thanks to Tofu for all your help. I messaged him and he got back to me right away. Nice guy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If anyone is looking for these I am picking up a batch tomorrow directly from Hyperkin so they are considered available and in stock through the GameGavel store. Here is a link:

If you purchase them today/this weekend and pay, we can ship on Monday.

http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000575241

Free shipping in the USA, too. I will also subtract $5 off international shipping to give you all the same deal as in the USA so it appears shipping internationally will be around $25-$28 for express mail international.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile Also...

You can add the legend of Zelda a link to the past and Super Metroid to the list of games that work with the supaboy.

Awesome

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboomer View Post
    If anyone is looking for these I am picking up a batch tomorrow directly from Hyperkin so they are considered available and in stock through the GameGavel store. Here is a link:

If you purchase them today/this weekend and pay, we can ship on Monday.

http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000575241

Free shipping in the USA, too. I will also subtract $5 off international shipping to give you all the same deal as in the USA so it appears shipping internationally will be around $25-$28 for express mail international.
    Are the units that you are selling and sending out Monday, the "fixed, newer" units of the Supaboy?

Chasing the chuckwagon. schnuth's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Any chance the SupaBoy works with RetroUSB's Super Powerpak Flashcart? If so, count me in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

How about PAL SNES Games?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by schnuth View Post
    Any chance the SupaBoy works with RetroUSB's Super Powerpak Flashcart? If so, count me in.
    This is something I'm going to test out for myself when I get my Supaboy in the mail, but based on Hyperkin's track record, I would say there's a very strong chance of this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMania View Post
    99% sure it won't. SNES games were region locked across NTSC/PAL. You'll need the same kind of work around tactics to get PAL games to run on a real SNES or vice versa.

Famicom Pirate Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMania View Post
    dont fully read topics, huh? I asked the same thing twice already. If it matches the snes hardware then pal games should work with the correct model Action Replay cart.

If you could just plug and play any PAL game this would be the ultimate snes system and worth owning over an NTSC SNES console itself!

I really wanted to get one of these but hearing about these leaked shitty versions of it, Ill hold off for about a year until Im certain all of the beater systems have been bought and returned by that point.