Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: April 2011 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default April 2011 Finds

April already? Dang that was fast

(Photobucket link screwup so I have to delete them)

My find for the past week
    Last edited by ScourDX; 01-29-2018 at 09:32 PM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just bought a loose Mario Kart 64 for 2.99 at Goodwill, thinking I would be the one to start the April thread. Darn you ScourDX!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i got gaia for the snes and 20 pokemon/dragon ball z vhs' at a thrift store
    meoooooowers

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Soo anyways, I slept in today but decided to get up semi-early and go to the local flea market. I wasn't expecting to do pictures but I had some pretty awesome finds. Well, I went to the same booth were I got all those Criterion DVDs last week. I scoured the booth and found 3 MORE Criterion titles: The Rock, Ikiru, and the Royal Tenenbaums. The Rock only has disk 1 but I'm hoping a replacement is available. I also picked up The Flesh Eaters (A great looking B-movie with the tagline "There's something in the water, and it eats flesh! ) All 4 of those were $10. I'm a big fan of Jim Henson and I saw The Storyteller: Greek Myths and from the front cover I decided I had to have it at $3. I had no idea that it's a kind of valuable OOP DVD. Dragon Valor was $8 at a random booth and looked interesting, and Sonic Labyrinth was $2 at another.

What? More? Yeah, I was at another booth that had a large amount of records. I pushed aside some records and lo and behold there were LASERDISCS! Woo! I got this big stack and asked for a lot price, and was given $20. It's 10 movies and the 2 Twilight Zone boxsets. I have an LD player and have been looking for some extra titles (Other than now these I just had the Star Wars boxset). Also, I saw a LD that is bothering the heck out of me. It was called "(Some guy's name)'s Jogging" by MCA, on Laserdisc. It was a "movie" of this famous guy (I assume) jogging. It looked horrible! The only thing was it was just the sleeve and no disc was inside. I looked up the title on the big online directory of Laserdiscs and apparently it's unknown to them. I guess I should have picked it up as it was so bizarre.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

The latest for the April edition:

My replacement Soundtrack CD for Ar tonelico Qoga has arrived! ^_^ Now my collection is complete!

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm kind of temping at an office in a nearby town for a fortnight that I rarely visit. I noticed that it is directly over a Cash Converters (modern day pawn shop basically) so I decided to check out their electronics section.

They actually had a pretty good selection going. Saw a CIB Gameboy Printer for £4.99 but passed. I wouldn't actually use it for anything. They also had an offer for an original Xbox, 2 Controllers and 3 games for £24.99. Not a bad deal. Sadly could only find one game that interested me so also passed.

However I did manage to pick up Super Monkey Ball (GC CIB) for £2.50 so that was nice.
    I reject your reality and substitute it for one of my own!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Snappaccino's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NES games were $3 a piece

Genesis games are complete and were $4 each
    Lost Planet guide was $1.50
    Bulletstorm was $40, I had $20 credit at Walmart for returning some stuff so I figured I'd just go ahead and pick this up.

Dreamcast games were $2 each, I picked these up a little bit ago on a 50% off sale at goodwill, along with the Lost Planet guide.

Raiden was $5 at this place that sells video games for retarded prices, its in good condition and everything is there, not sure why it got priced for so much lower then everything else.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Flea Market

Finding the motorcyle I missed the week before was a bust..

PS2 Network adapter sealed..5.00
    SNES deck 5.00
    SNES av x2 $1.00 Each
    RCA Jacks 6 for $4.00
    DVD $1.00

VCR tapes 25 cent each

Xavix System and game..Works great but no controller..$5.00

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Those Xavix systems are cool. I should have got one while they still had them at Tuesday Morning.

I got:

Code Name: Viper: $1
    B-17 Bomber: $0.95
    Night Stalker: $2
    Space Spartans: $1

Also got a Genesis for $3. I'm going to use it for parts, I need it to replace the controller ports on my Gemini.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Just one thing today, sorta:

Johnny Cash at San Quentin CD - $2

It was in the middle of a ton of crappy DVDs and a bunch of Dreamcast games.

The other thing I bought was a huge standing fan for $22. The weather's getting kinda crazy and I needed this, the only bad thing is that it's NOISY AS HELL.

Oh, and in digital distribution news, I got Crysis and Crysis Wars / Warhead on Steam in exchange for that Japanese copy of Dance Dance Revolution Extra Mix I had lying around and $5. Considering the game cost me $1, it wasn't a bad deal... until I had to pay $7.50 to ship it to Australia. Aaaaaaaaaaaaugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Just one find at the dirt mall today, but it's a doozy.

$5.00, not bad considering that it's still in working condition. The only flaw is the controller overlay... anybody have any idea where I can find a replacement?

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Dreamcast is a japanese system picked up from DP member here at the end of last month for 30. So woohoo a JDM system that cheap, gotta love it. Mortal Kombat 2 was 8 bucks but needed for a tournamnet we're running and I just ate the price. Sonic was on sale for 11.75 or so from gamestop. Overall not a bad way to start the month.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Both my finds today are all digital:

X-Men Arcade(360) 200 microsoft points/$2.50---75% off
    Halo Reach: Defiant Map pack 400 microsoft points/$5---50% off

As usual Microsoft was running XBLA sales and the one for April 1st was awesome. I got X-Men arcade for 75% off it's normal price and the Halo Reach map pack was another promotion they are running for XBL rewards members where you get 400 microsoft points back for purchasing the Defiant map pack. So that makes it 400 points instead of 800. They still have some other deals going until the 4th and I'm probably going to pick up one more game tonight.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson View Post

$5.00, not bad considering that it's still in working condition. The only flaw is the controller overlay... anybody have any idea where I can find a replacement?
    You could reproduce it, I have that same Donkey Kong (buried in my storage somewhere). A user in here "mrbigreddog" produces custom labels. I am sure he can produce one for you though you will have to supply a blue print. You could use a digital camera, take a picture and create it in photoshop and send it to mrbigreddog with the dimensions. I got a reproduced Vectrex controller label and it's top stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Very nice find, joshnickerson!

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    Also, I saw a LD that is bothering the heck out of me. It was called "(Some guy's name)'s Jogging" by MCA, on Laserdisc. It was a "movie" of this famous guy (I assume) jogging. It looked horrible! The only thing was it was just the sleeve and no disc was inside. I looked up the title on the big online directory of Laserdiscs and apparently it's unknown to them. I guess I should have picked it up as it was so bizarre.
    Did you mean Jim Fixx on Running? It's not worth that much, someone on eBay is selling it for $5. It also had a VHS print. You might think it was kinda weird, but Jim Fixx was a health guru that praised the fact that jogging helped him get back in shape... until he died of a massive heart attack.

On 20 July 1984, Fixx died at the age of 52 of a fulminant heart attack, after his daily run, on Vermont Route 15 in Hardwick. The autopsy revealed that atherosclerosis had blocked one coronary artery 95%, a second 85%, and a third 70%. Although there were opponents of Fixx's beliefs who said this was evidence that running was harmful, medical opinion continued to uphold the link between exercise and longevity. In 1986, exercise physiologist Kenneth Cooper published an inventory of the risk factors that might have contributed to Fixx's death. Granted access to his medical records and autopsy, and after interviewing his friends and family, Cooper concluded that Fixx was genetically predisposed (his father died of a heart attack aged 43 and Fixx himself had a congenitally enlarged heart) and several lifestyle issues (Fixx was a heavy smoker prior to beginning running aged 36, he had a stressful occupation, he had undergone a second divorce, and his weight before he took up running had ballooned to 220lbs).
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Got all of these for $20 at a new local store that opened up 3 days ago. Dude there also hooked me up with some shirts to help promote the store.

RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Did you mean Jim Fixx on Running? It's not worth that much, someone on eBay is selling it for $5. It also had a VHS print. You might think it was kinda weird, but Jim Fixx was a health guru that praised the fact that jogging helped him get back in shape... until he died of a massive heart attack.
    Wow... Yeah that was it. Stupid memory confusing "jogging" and "running".

It still looked terrible >_>
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson View Post

I've got one of these, and the bottom label of the monitor is ripped in one place. I've heard these are rare too...anyone know what one is worth?

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm View Post
    Got all of these for $20 at a new local store that opened up 3 days ago. Dude there also hooked me up with some shirts to help promote the store.
    What's the name of this new local store? How far is it from Eastgate Mall?
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"